To much dmr spam

Really the dmr is so annoying it has no recoil, low bloom, a amazeing firerate, and great damage. Everyones useing it and it seems slightly on the op side. So 343i what was the point of all these starter guns when the only gun is going to be used is the dmr.

It’s because it’s the strongest gun. It fires the slowest out of it and the Carbine and LightRifle, so of course it does the most damage.

But yeah, it’s a bit unbalanced. And the LightRifle is AWFUL.

They need to make the LightRifle more powerful, the DMR less powerful, and make the Carbine be the middle ground.

they will have to nerf it sooner or later. everybody is using it and its part of the reason why so many people are upset about dying so quickly. its overpowered compared to the other long range starting guns

I consistently get 4 shotted by the DMR but I thought getting 4 shotted was always around since the BR days of Halo 2 so I can’t really complain. The BR normally 5 shots me, if not 4 shots anyways so I don’t see a huge difference, at that point two skilled shooters should already be having heck of a firefight.

However Im a fan of the AR since I like getting up close and dirty. SO I have beef with all ranged weapons since they’re used by effin everyone lol.

I have no problem with people using the DMR and haven’t really been a victim of “DMR Spam”. Sure there are times when i’ve gone up against people that are good with the DMR, but there are also people that a good with the BR. Actually, sometimes I find it hard to find DMR ammo because most of the people on the map are using the BR. Also, the LR is pretty powerful already. It would be ridiculous to buff that. There will typically be a gun that the majority of halo players prefer. All the guns are balanced, so just deal with the fact that the majority of people prefer the DMR.

> Really the dmr is so annoying it has no recoil, low bloom, a amazeing firerate, and great damage. Everyones useing it and it seems slightly on the op side. So 343i what was the point of all these starter guns when the only gun is going to be used is the dmr.

Let me guess, you use the BR, and are upset that you keep getting outshot.
Deal with it, DMR > BR, and that’s how it should stay. The BR’s days of being an OP god weapon are done.

> I consistently get 4 shotted by the DMR but I thought getting 4 shotted was always around since the BR days of Halo 2 so I can’t really complain. The BR normally 5 shots me SO I have beef with all ranged weapons since they’re used by effin everyone lol.

BR and DMR are 5 shot kills, currently.

BR kills in 1.8 sec
DMR Kills in 1.6 sec

The reason given for why such a fast fire rate was. “the BR has more Aim Assist” meaning the BR should be easier to use in close range. The reason this is absolute fail is… many players have been practicing (Click here and click here ) in the octagon in Halo Reach with the DMR, waiting be unleashed on kids when Halo 4 was released.We don’t need aim assist… so losing aim assist for DMR is not a nerf. A skilled DMR will beat a BR if they start shooting at the same time, which will be hard to do because the BR needs to get a little closer first.

Should Bloom be increased? No, bloom is never the answer. Unless the question is “how do we frustrate new players?” I liked bloom only because I like a challenge. However, it was annoying to take a week or so to train with bloom at different ranges and different firerates. Bloom also a poor solution because it only makes the DMR innacurate at long ranges and will do nothing to nerf the DMR at close range. The whole point of bloom was to get people to pace shots/slow their Rate of Fire. That was fail because people needed to learn when to spam and when to pace and at what range etc.RoF should be decreased?

This fits the bill perfectly. Kill time needs to be increased by 10-15%/1.76-1.84 seconds.
Reasons this is good:
1)BR will beat DMR at close range
2)BR still has decent chance at mid range
3)DMR is still accurate at long range (which it should) but will kill at a slower pace

as it stands DMR works well in all ranges, but it needs to lose consistantly to BR at close range. Lowering RoF on DMR solves problems of long range DMR spam and balences BR vs DMR

So yes, Nerf DMR kill time to either match BR or weaker than BR. Even with this nerf DMR will still be the best choice for most maps just becuase most maps are Med-Long range sightlines. Even with slower Rof, DMR will still be the main Tool of Destruction.

The lightrifle is not bad…Maybe not as good as the DMR, but i havent noticed it being horrendous. the DMR is most likely the best. idk how it can be fixed without changing each precision weapon at this point.

> > I consistently get 4 shotted by the DMR but I thought getting 4 shotted was always around since the BR days of Halo 2 so I can’t really complain. The BR normally 5 shots me SO I have beef with all ranged weapons since they’re used by effin everyone lol.
>
> BR and DMR are 5 shot kills, currently.
>
> BR kills in 1.8 sec
> DMR Kills in 1.6 sec
>
> The reason given for why such a fast fire rate was. “the BR has more Aim Assist” meaning the BR should be easier to use in close range. The reason this is absolute fail is… many players have been practicing (Click here and click here ) in the octagon in Halo Reach with the DMR, waiting be unleashed on kids when Halo 4 was released.We don’t need aim assist… so losing aim assist for DMR is not a nerf. A skilled DMR will beat a BR if they start shooting at the same time, which will be hard to do because the BR needs to get a little closer first.
>
> Should Bloom be increased? No, bloom is never the answer. Unless the question is “how do we frustrate new players?” I liked bloom only because I like a challenge. However, it was annoying to take a week or so to train with bloom at different ranges and different firerates. Bloom also a poor solution because it only makes the DMR innacurate at long ranges and will do nothing to nerf the DMR at close range. The whole point of bloom was to get people to pace shots/slow their Rate of Fire. That was fail because people needed to learn when to spam and when to pace and at what range etc.RoF should be decreased?
>
>
> This fits the bill perfectly. Kill time needs to be increased by 10-15%/1.76-1.84 seconds.
> Reasons this is good:
> 1)BR will beat DMR at close range
> 2)BR still has decent chance at mid range
> 3)DMR is still accurate at long range (which it should) but will kill at a slower pace
>
> as it stands DMR works well in all ranges, but it needs to lose consistantly to BR at close range. Lowering RoF on DMR solves problems of long range DMR spam and balences BR vs DMR
>
> So yes, Nerf DMR kill time to either match BR or weaker than BR. Even with this nerf DMR will still be the best choice for most maps just becuase most maps are Med-Long range sightlines. Even with slower Rof, DMR will still be the main Tool of Destruction.
>
>

Very good analysis. The DMR’s RoF does need to be slower. That will be the best solution.

The light rifle is even better than the DMR if you’ve got really good accuracy (helped by zooming in, seen as 3 shots puts you without a shield, so if they were all headshots it makes it even more powerful than the DMR.

Over long ranges the bloom from the DMR is slightly noticeable not as bad as it was in Reach but it’s still there, this is where the BR balances as it has 0 bloom on it’s shots whereas DMR does have a slight bloom.

As I see it the guns are balanced, the automatic guns have been buffed to work better where they should (close range) and can beat the DMR/BR in these areas.

I think the main problem is, is that people aren’t playing their loadout correctly, yes some weapons work better at different ranges, if yours doesn’t then don’t rush at them trying to get into range, get their gradually and you’ll increase your chance of winning the battle

The problem is that the DMR has damage comparable to a sniper rifle with only taking 3 shots to kill someone, yeah that is beyond OP for an assault riffle, hell might as well just be playing CoD hardcore.

I agree, the starter weapons should NOT be powerful enough to surpass power weapons on the field. Power weapons are there to encourage risky movement in favor of stronger favor. (One of the reasons why i did not like the addition of loadouts in Reach and 4)

I think that the starter weapons need to be nerfed down to the Covie Carbine level of DPS.

> 1) The light rifle is even better than the DMR if you’ve got really good accuracy (helped by zooming in, seen as 3 shots puts you without a shield, so if they were all headshots it makes it even more powerful than the DMR.2) Over long ranges the bloom from the DMR is slightly noticeable not as bad as it was in Reach but it’s still there, this is where the BR balances as it has 0 bloom on it’s shots whereas DMR does have a slight bloom.3) As I see it the guns are balanced, the automatic guns have been buffed to work better where they should (close range) and can beat the DMR/BR in these areas.

  1. I agree that the light rifle can be lethal because it does more damage when zoomed in. However we learned in all previous Halo games. Staying zoomed in to long will get you killed. Being stuck in tunnel vision allows the enemy to flank with ease

2)watch this video to get a decent idea of how different the BR bullet spread is compared to DMR bullet spread, then test it out yourself in custom games so you can confirm for yourself. Click here to watch YouTube BR vs DMR + cute girl running testsur welcome

  1. Balanced? Yes, sure. As long as you play ONLY ON SMALL MAPS, which is a problem considering Halo 4 is mostly LONG RANGE maps (blame Infin-Sprint) How ballenced is THIS gameplay or THIS?

> The problem is that the DMR has damage comparable to a sniper rifle with only taking 3 shots to kill someone, yeah that is beyond OP for an assault riffle, hell might as well just be playing CoD hardcore.

DMR is 5 shot kill bro… not three.

Lol alright nerf the DMR.

nerfs DMR

Wow look at all these “Light Rifle OP” threads…

Seriously though, if you nerf it people will just switch to the Light Rifle. And in the process you will make the DMR useless. The DMR is very powerful, but if you nerf any aspect of it, you would make it useless.

Though its nice to see a thread with actual supporting arguments that don’t involve “It kills me too much” xD

You have to know what weapon you should start with based on the map. For instance a large open map such as longbow works great for the DMR because of the long sight lines and little need to get in close. While the BR works great on Haven because of relatively confined spaces. Honestly have not had any issues with any of the weapons so far, I frequently kill DMR users 1v1 with the BR and when I do lose it’s because the other player is either better than me or I dun goofed. Use the appropriate weapon for the map and you shouldn’t have a problem!

Halo 4 is merely bringing back the mid-long range tactical the series needed that reach lost after release…The new maps have plenty of nooks n’ crannies to accomodate this more more seasoned approach.

They’ve got to be careful with nerfing and boosting stuff. If any of you have played Battlefield 3 you know EXACTLY what i’m talking about

> Lol alright nerf the DMR.
>
> nerfs DMR
>
> Wow look at all these “Light Rifle OP” threads…
>
> Seriously though, if you nerf it people will just switch to the Light Rifle. And in the process you will make the DMR useless. The DMR is very powerful, but if you nerf any aspect of it, you would make it useless.
>
> Though its nice to see a thread with actual supporting arguments that don’t involve “It kills me too much” xD

Nerfing it so it has the same kill speed of BR is such a tiny nerf… it will still be the dominiant mid-long range rifle. Don’t be silly. Look at the RoF it had at Pax. It was very slow yet effective at what it is supposed to be, long distance 5 shot kill beast. I am not saying slow it down to how it was in the Halo4 event at PAX, but slowing it down to where it doesn’t have a faster kill time than BR in close quarters. The nature of Halo 4 is longe range combat. This tiny nerf will do little to nerf the dmr seeing how it will be still very effective at long and mid range. DMR will still be top dog. Repeats self over and over. Nerf is tiny.

If they do decide to give the DMR a nerf, it’ll likely only be a small speed drop.