to follow the trend of ironsights?

Most games have the feature of being able to use Ironsights, which have never been used in the Halo franchise before.
With Reach using Bloom, there’s a chance Halo 4 could go with Ironsights.

To me, this isn’t Halo.
Yes, it’s just speculation and I have absolutely no idea whether this is in or not.
Yes, 343i didn’t create Reach and most likely won’t go with Bloom from fan response. Possibly Ironsights could be in a beta?

> Most games have the feature of being able to use Ironsights, which have never been used in the Halo franchise before.
> With Reach using Bloom, there’s a chance Halo 4 could go with Ironsights.
>
> To me, this isn’t Halo.
> Yes, it’s just speculation and I have absolutely no idea whether this is in or not.
> Yes, 343i didn’t create Reach and most likely won’t go with Bloom from fan response. Possibly Ironsights could be in a beta?

1. its pure speculation on your part
  2. Mjolnir suits Hell every infantry has a neural implant. that means that it hooks up with the built in camer on most of the halo weapons. none of them have “Iron Sights”

I don’t think they’d do that. That’s kind of a drastic change to the other games. And IMO it slows down the gameplay.

I’m pretty sure Frankie used Iron sites as an example of something they could put in the game but wouldn’t because it’s not Halo.

> > Most games have the feature of being able to use Ironsights, which have never been used in the Halo franchise before.
> > With Reach using Bloom, there’s a chance Halo 4 could go with Ironsights.
> >
> > To me, this isn’t Halo.
> > Yes, it’s just speculation and I have absolutely no idea whether this is in or not.
> > Yes, 343i didn’t create Reach and most likely won’t go with Bloom from fan response. Possibly Ironsights could be in a beta?
>
> 1. its pure speculation on your part
> 2. Mjolnir suits Hell every infantry has a neural implant. that means that it hooks up with the built in camer on most of the halo weapons. none of them have “Iron Sights”

1. Which is of course why I said ‘yes, it’s just speculation and I have absolutely no idea whether this is in or not.’
  2. Woops, I meant it as holding the gun up and aiming down the barrel in a closer view. I understand they don’t have actual ironsights.

That’s quite the leap going from bloom straight to it meaning iron sights will be in Halo 4. Besides, I doubt iron sights will be added in Halo 4 because:
A: We already have a highly accurate reticle built into the visor without the weapon even zoomed. To downgrade wouldn’t make too much sense unless for some strange reason chief downgrades his armor a bit for a good reason.
B: Most weapons don’t even have sights to look down. To add sights to weapons so suddenly when there was no need for them before seems strange. If it’s a new set of weapons entirely, even then I see no real reason to add sights since it seems most of the advanced beings in the halo universe that make these weapons had no need for sights on their weapons anyways.

> That’s quite the leap going from bloom straight to it meaning iron sights will be in Halo 4. Besides, I doubt iron sights will be added in Halo 4 because:
> A: We already have a highly accurate reticle built into the visor without the weapon even zoomed. To downgrade wouldn’t make too much sense unless for some strange reason chief downgrades his armor a bit for a good reason.
> B: Most weapons don’t even have sights to look down. To add sights to weapons so suddenly when there was no need for them before seems strange. If it’s a new set of weapons entirely, even then I see no real reason to add sights since it seems most of the advanced beings in the halo universe that make these weapons had no need for sights on their weapons anyways.

Sorry, I meant it as including something that changes up gameplay (such as bloom) could (yes, its just speculation…) mean that something in the same vein could be added.

> I’m pretty sure Frankie used Iron sites as an example of something they could put in the game but wouldn’t because it’s not Halo.

I don’t think I heard this, but that’s great!

I sure hope not. For the same reason, it just wouldn’t be Halo any more if they included it, it would be more turning into a generic FPS like CoD. (I even found out today that there’s ironsights on at least one weapon in GoW3. Useful, but didn’t really fit too well.)

Not that I want iron sights but Elites don’t have visors with a heads up display yet they have a HUD and zoom in the same fashion as Spartans. So the argument of “no we have a HUD” is not the most convincing considering Elites don’t have a HUD but still zoom like they do.

Perhaps if Brutes were a playable species they could have their own mini weapon sandbox that utilizes the ADS mechanic. Elites could also gain a visor, like one of their Reach armor variants, to explain why they have a HUD.

Don’t think we need another game like Cod or BF3. Halo does good with what it has

Quite a lot of classic Halo weapons don’t have any iron sights at all. Needler would be a nightmare.

> Quite a lot of classic Halo weapons don’t have any iron sights at all. Needler would be a nightmare.

Not that I want iron sights but you know how needles stick up out of the top of the needler? The front two needles could act as the iron sights.

> Needler would be a nightmare.

I want iron sights on my energy sword.

> I’m pretty sure Frankie used Iron sites as an example of something they could put in the game but wouldn’t because it’s not Halo.

I remember reading that too and was quite happy to hear it. I’m glad 343 Industries seems to know what Halo is and what it isn’t.

> Not that I want iron sights but Elites don’t have visors with a heads up display yet they have a HUD and zoom in the same fashion as Spartans. So the argument of “no we have a HUD” is not the most convincing considering Elites don’t have a HUD but still zoom like they do.
>
> Perhaps if Brutes were a playable species they could have their own mini weapon sandbox that utilizes the ADS mechanic. Elites could also gain a visor, like one of their Reach armor variants, to explain why they have a HUD.

Elites have a HUD. We’ve seen and used it. Elites where lenses over their eyes which show them the HUD.

Don’t get your hopes up about iron sights. Sure it works in most modern shooters but such features are not Halo. Then you’ll have fans asking for killstreaks, deathtreaks and weapon leveling, even more forgiving game design etc etc (and it’s already easy enough to complete FPS games as it is).

I wouldn’t mind if it was used for aesthetics for zooming, but other than that no. I don’t play generic shooters. Halo shouldn’t follow trends. NO GAME should follow trends. That’s what sickens me about modern gaming; every game tries to copy each other and these trends get set. Nobody innovates. Hopefully 343 sees this and stays its own game and doesn’t follow trends.

Iron sights on a Needler? or a Plasma Rifle? Iron sights would not work in Halo.