To everyone that thinks that 343 ruined halo

As the title says, this is to all you people saying that H4 is “too much like CoD” or “only for casual gamers”.

I think that we can all agree that bungie did a great job with halo, they created an amazing game that is recognized and loved around the world. I have been playing Halo since 3 and have loved every second of it. Now what happens if you give a game as big as halo to a whole new set of devs? It will be a little different, maybe they will take a differnet direction with it, maybe they won’t. Don’t be so hard on 343, I mean it’s still a halo game at heart, but it has so many new things that older players don’t recognize it.

Now i’m not saying that we should all just plop down and play the game how it is, 343 should have had “classic” playlists at launch. By classic i mean set weapon spawns, no personal ordnance, little to no load out customization, and either no AA or make them pick-ups. What 343 did was cater this game to 1.Casual player, 2.New players, and 3. mediocre players who want to be useful. While that’s fine and many people enjoy it they need to cater to their current fans as well.

What i think needs to happen is 1.Have 2 groups of playlists, “Classic” and “infinity”, so their would be 2 playlists-lists. 2. CSR, this is what keeps people competitive, after reaching level 130 there’s no point to playing anymore. 3. More maps and a better map vote system, there aren’t really any “standout” maps in H4, they need to make better maps, perhaps give the community a few “greatest hits” maps as an apology for screwing the long-time fans over, even if it’s just 1 or 2. And the current map vote system is stupid, I hate playing BTB on exile 5 times in a row, i suggest that the game suggests a map, and if 50% of the players veto it then a new map is picked and the game starts.

The last thing I think they need to add is support for forge and custom games. make some good forge maps, give more ways to make maps look different, add rehaul the map sharing system. All you should have to do is upload the map, and people will download/rate/play it. And you should be able to go to any maps page and find custom games that you can join that are using that map.

Now everyone needs to stop yelling at 343, and 343 needs to get busy, they made a mistake, they need to fix it, not whatever the hell it is they are doing now.

I was thinking something along the lines of this when you mentioned the two parts of the playlists “Classic” and “Infinity.” This new Halo has 343 all over it, unique and their own style. I have absolutely no problem with that and I absolutely love Halo 4. This said, I do believe they need to bring some of the classic aspects back. Maybe not drastic changes but playlists with no AA, and some with no radar. This is only the direction of where my thoughts are going nothing too specific all very general. That’s all I’ll say for now I don’t want to begin writing an essay or anything haha (just one person’s opinion)

I’d have to say more, and classic, playlists. The rest I can wait for. Most people voiced their complaints on Halo 4 after they finished campaign and hit multiplayer.

A classic playlist would be awesome. Already tired of all the OP Armour Abilities.

The game needs a complete overhaul. Most of the problems cannot be addressed till Halo 5, because they literally require 343 to pretty much redo the entire game. Heres to hoping Halo 5 will at least be comparable to Halo 2.

I don’t understand why you would make a Halo game that is designed to focus on new players.

New players aren’t even going to understand who the UNSC, Master Chief and Covenant are, much less the Didact and the Forerunners, unless they played the original games (in which case they wouldn’t be new players, they would be old players).

I fail to see any logic in the design choices they made.

I was thinking too about 2 separate slayer options.

First one would be Team Slayer: this would be the more competitive slayer. No instant respawns, set weapons with timers, non power weapons placed around the map as well, set loadouts with no AA’s. Basically a more Halo 3 style of play.

Infinity slayer could be adapted to this as well by having classic setting on the maps but for your ordnance you only get AA’s no power weapons so you at least have to earn those AA’s, and when you die they are gone until you earn the next one. Call it Infinity Hardcore or something like that.

Second Playlist would be Social Slayer: This would include Infinity Slayer as it is now, and other games like Team Rockets, Shotty’s, Sword, or whatever game that is made for a more casual just for fun experience.

> I don’t understand why you would make a Halo game that is designed to focus on new players.
>
> New players aren’t even going to understand who the UNSC, Master Chief and Covenant are, much less the Didact and the Forerunners, unless they played the original games (in which case they wouldn’t be new players, they would be old players).
>
> I fail to see any logic in the design choices they made.

The people who played CE-3 are at the age where they are starting to get too old for halo, you need new people to keep the series going.

I would say 343 needs to add more/better maps, followed by a classic playlist for a close 2nd. When I was playing the Community forge test playlist, and got maps like Simplex, Scythe, Shutout, etc… it didn’t matter if I was getting stomped on, just seeing some nice maps made the ordinance drops and customizable load-outs less irritating. But the minute I get a map like Haven or Exile, I just start to rage during the game. It would be really nice to see some better maps in this game for multiplayer, in my opinion.

Want Arena Halo…didn’t get it.

343 did it right with Team Doubles Pro, - the DMR

now just do it with every other playlist.

i think that for any loyal halo fan to get excited about H5 like they were about H4, they would need to make some changes on H4 to show that they care and are ready to listen and make an effort to win us back. were there this many problems at the beginning of halo reach? i ask because i got halo reach about 2 years ago and it came out maybe 4 years ago.

> The people who played CE-3 are at the age where they are starting to get too old for halo, you need new people to keep the series going.

You are never “too old” for Halo.

Infinity 4v4
Infinity ctf
Infinity doubles
Infinity BTB

Why 343? Please stop. Please.

Every option but the bottom one and Halo 4 will be a Halo game again, maybe.