To be honest, I like everything I've seen so far.

I can hardly find anything I’ve seen from all the reveals and news updates on infinite that disappoints me. Everything looks great, the weapon models and armor look more realistic without straying far from a true Halo art design, and the gameplay looks totally new and refreshed in a good way. The only thing I’m disappointed with is no confirmation of other playable species like elites or brutes.

Anyone else approve of what 343 is showing, and what do you hope will be shown next month? The hype is only growing on my end.

Agreed! Eagerly anticipating some multiplayer reveals soon.

So far I like the design of the armor coatings, but I’m still not sold on the system itself. Apart from that I mostly agree

I agree, its all good stuff. I do hope there is a large amount of coatings. I’m okay with it because destiny has armor coatings, and frankly it still a fun. I do wish they drop some stuff that has potential to make people. Just to ease it to us. I know there will be stuff that’ll po us. But hey thats the reality of games. Cant make every one happy. I rather know now then when it comes out or just before the game is due.

Yea the coating system hasn’t won me over. Other than that and the strange looking(I won’t pass final judgement yet)gameplay mechanics,I’m pleased. I’m so ready to play the game.

I totally agree, and I’m looking forward to more updates and bigger reveals, then game day. I’m probably more of an optimist than most on here. There is a lot of negativity on the forms, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that, in general, people tend to speak up more when they are not satisfied with something. So I feel that overall most are cautiously optimistic about Infinite.

The only two things I’m hesitant on so far is:

  1. “In multiplayer, equipment is earned via combat and/or scavenging the playspace”, earning equipment like requisitions in Halo 4? Kill streak rewards? I’m not sure I like that idea for Halo. So, I’m interested to find out what this means.
  2. The grapple shot. It is certainly not a new mechanic for FPS, and I haven’t really enjoyed it in other games. It has always felt a bit gimmicky. Futuristic? I don’t think so. But it could be fun, so I’ll go with it. I just think it causes the game to lose some of its authenticity.

the ideas and concepts that 343 has presented to us that will be present in Infinite are very cool, some have already been debated during the time of the bungie and others are new. Halo Lore has a lot of RPG concepts, and to see it being presented in games is very exciting, we saw a little of that in the halo 5 warzone, in relation to variations of weapons, vehicles and armor skills, but this can be much more exploited.

I love these interviews with the different teams. It’s always interesting how the system ticks away in the background. Of course, it’s frustrating they are gagged a bit to what they can reveal… but it’s the best they can do this far out. They should have started these a few months ago…

I’m a pragmatist. I’ll join you guys in Fall of 2022 when the online is fixed.

I’m very excited for this year and the coming next 10 years. I really hope Halo Infinite makes more people start playing it. And since it’s most likely the last master chief game I really, really wish we get some flood. Would be a shame to not have the flood since Infinite takes place on Zeta Halo.

> 2533274815938300;1:
> Anyone else approve of what 343 is showing, and what do you hope will be shown next month? The hype is only growing on my end.

I approve of what 343i is showing but my hype is firmly in check, there are too many unanswered questions for me. I want to know more about the armour coatings next month but it seems we’re getting info on the ring from what I’ve read in here.

> 2533274815938300;1:
> I can hardly find anything I’ve seen from all the reveals and news updates on infinite that disappoints me. Everything looks great, the weapon models and armor look more realistic without straying far from a true Halo art design, and the gameplay looks totally new and refreshed in a good way. The only thing I’m disappointed with is no confirmation of other playable species like elites or brutes.
>
> Anyone else approve of what 343 is showing, and what do you hope will be shown next month? The hype is only growing on my end.

Im mildly cautious but honestly I see threads every update about how “so and so isnt Halo blah blah blah” and all that nonsense.

I feel like if your argument for something being bad is that it “isnt Halo”, its not a good argument. Because what even is Halo? Its a not something you can really describe in one word and having different looking lunchboxes wont affect the canon of the franchise, I’m sure.

Every Halo game has changed. If nothing changed since the original trilogy it wouldnt be a very interesting series anymore.

The only thing that had me concerned was the Armor Coatings thing but how am I supposed to pass judgement on a barely explained feature I’ve never used yet? I cant, because that would just be absurd.

I like the things I’ve seen so far, except the grappel.

But because of Halo 4/5 I have really big trust issues

Yes, agreed! Everything that bothers me is just coating system that didnt convince yet, but hell, they look cool.

> 2533274861263132;13:
> I like the things I’ve seen so far, except the grappel.
>
> But because of Halo 4/5 I have really big trust issues

Just imagine, if you could assasinate hunter with sending a good aimed grapple through his back. That would be so badass!

> 2535453809720436;15:
> > 2533274861263132;13:
> > I like the things I’ve seen so far, except the grappel.
> >
> > But because of Halo 4/5 I have really big trust issues
>
> Just imagine, if you could assasinate hunter with sending a good aimed grapple through his back. That would be so badass!

Not for me.

I agree 100%

I absolutely love the [work in-progress in-engine render] Assault Rifle! It looks really good! Not really liking the [work in-engine in-engine render] Needler, though. Looks a bit too…Halo 4.

The news is interesting, but with no gameplay or hard proof of concept it really falls flat to me. 343 have used PR speak before to hype the game up, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they do it again. Show gameplay!

I liked almost everything that the gameplay reveal showed conceptually, but the game was clearly rough and unpolished. It was not ready for release last year, which raises the question of how competent 343 is considering they had spent five years working on the game. However, the fact that they delayed the game past the release of the Series X (certainly to Microsoft’s dismay) does go to show how much the studio cares about delivering a quality game on release.

I think we’ll get an incredible game that recaptures the feeling of CE better than CE itself, but for such a massive Halo game by… not Bungie… you’re going to have quite a few 343-esque elements that turn some of the original fans away. We’ve already seen that to some degree with sprint and the new shotgun.

The only thing I’m not too thrilled about is the handling of color customization. Colors being locked behind a paywall really sucks, but honestly I’m trying to cut 343 some slack because they’re not 100% in control. Who knows what Microsoft is demanding of them? I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft told 343 to monetize something, and they tried to choose the most harmless thing in the game to slap price tags on.