To anyone mad about no falcon...

If you are mad at 343i for not putting the falcon in this update, keep this in mind.

343 Industries never said that it was a falcon, or that they were ever going to put it in the game, and they were not obligated to even put it in the game. So for anyone saying that they had one job, or that this update is bad due to a lack of the falcon, keep in mind they never made any promises about the falcon.

You gave yourselfs false hope.

Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf

Just confusing why they covered it with an oni symbol instead of blurring the image like every other hidden req in every other update. Just odd is all…

I will admit that I bought into these false hopes, but 343 knew how people would interpret the ONI REQ card, and they went ahead and did that anyway. I’m a little less salty then I was earlier, but I just wish 343 didn’t help induce the hype with the ONI symbol. Oh well.

> 2533274921838152;2:
> Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf

Calm down for starters or you risk a ban for the swearing. They covered it up to hype the update and make everyone wonder what it was. Marketing, that’s what they pulled there marketing.

> 2533274833569045;3:
> Just confusing why they covered it with an oni symbol instead of blurring the image like every other hidden req in every other update. Just odd is all…

Hype and marketing.

> 2533274921838152;2:
> Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf

Stop going to every thread and complaining. Its people like you who hyped up the Falcon and didn’t get it. This “failure” is on you and your 343 haters, not at all 343 in any way

> 2535455771499455;4:
> I will admit that I bought into these false hopes, but 343 knew how people would interpret the ONI REQ card, and they went ahead and did that anyway. I’m a little less salty then I was earlier, but I just wish 343 didn’t help induce the hype with the ONI symbol. Oh well.

And look at the results of putting the ONI symbol on it, the update got hyped up (besides all the other changes they are making). From a business standpoint it was smart. But should they have put the ONI symbol over it? No.

At least I can do more with an upgraded Phaeton than a Warthog with rotors.

> 2533274876257384;5:
> > 2533274921838152;2:
> > Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf
>
>
> Calm down for starters or you risk a ban for the swearing. They covered it up to hype the update and make everyone wonder what it was. Marketing, that’s what they pulled there marketing.

Only if I was attempting to bypass the censor my friend, which Im clearly not. And yeah but thats not how you treat fans. If it was a phaeton they shouldnt have made an oni logo over it for hype. Thats so cheap

> 2533274921838152;10:
> > 2533274876257384;5:
> > > 2533274921838152;2:
> > > Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf
> >
> >
> > Calm down for starters or you risk a ban for the swearing. They covered it up to hype the update and make everyone wonder what it was. Marketing, that’s what they pulled there marketing.
>
>
> Only if I was attempting to bypass the censor my friend, which Im clearly not. And yeah but thats not how you treat fans. If it was a phaeton they shouldnt have made an oni logo over it for hype. Thats so cheap

That post can be taken as non-constructive my friend. Anyway, 343i was not obligated to put the falcon in the game. Also the falcon was rather easy to take down (from my numerous experiences in reach). In terms of the Halo 5 sandbox the falcon would not fit well at all. From a marketing standpoint it was a good idea, from the fans standpoint who wanted the falcon it wasn’t, and thus the hate and swearing to 343i blindly continues on.

> 2533274921838152;10:
> > 2533274876257384;5:
> > > 2533274921838152;2:
> > > Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf
> >
> >
> > Calm down for starters or you risk a ban for the swearing. They covered it up to hype the update and make everyone wonder what it was. Marketing, that’s what they pulled there marketing.
>
>
> Only if I was attempting to bypass the censor my friend, which Im clearly not. And yeah but thats not how you treat fans. If it was a phaeton they shouldnt have made an oni logo over it for hype. Thats so cheap

You saying it’s cheap even though every dev literally keeps things hidden to add hype and speculation to their game? The only reason this update is hot at the moment is cuz people decided to try and decrypt the oni logo and then spread rumors and speculation, hence, why I’m actually pinning this one on the community, rather than 343 for once. I wish I had my popcorn.

> 2533274923562209;12:
> > 2533274921838152;10:
> > > 2533274876257384;5:
> > > > 2533274921838152;2:
> > > > Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf
> > >
> > >
> > > Calm down for starters or you risk a ban for the swearing. They covered it up to hype the update and make everyone wonder what it was. Marketing, that’s what they pulled there marketing.
> >
> >
> > Only if I was attempting to bypass the censor my friend, which Im clearly not. And yeah but thats not how you treat fans. If it was a phaeton they shouldnt have made an oni logo over it for hype. Thats so cheap
>
>
> You saying it’s cheap even though every dev literally keeps things hidden to add hype and speculation to their game? The only reason this update is hot at the moment is cuz people decided to try and decrypt the oni logo and then spread rumors and speculation, hence, why I’m actually pinning this one on the community, rather than 343 for once. I wish I had my popcorn.

So much this ^^^^

> 2533274923562209;12:
> > 2533274921838152;10:
> > > 2533274876257384;5:
> > > > 2533274921838152;2:
> > > > Why tf would the cover up a phaeton! No one gives a -Yoink- about the -Yoink- phaeton!! Seriously, wtf
> > >
> > >
> > > Calm down for starters or you risk a ban for the swearing. They covered it up to hype the update and make everyone wonder what it was. Marketing, that’s what they pulled there marketing.
> >
> >
> > Only if I was attempting to bypass the censor my friend, which Im clearly not. And yeah but thats not how you treat fans. If it was a phaeton they shouldnt have made an oni logo over it for hype. Thats so cheap
>
>
> You saying it’s cheap even though every dev literally keeps things hidden to add hype and speculation to their game? The only reason this update is hot at the moment is cuz people decided to try and decrypt the oni logo and then spread rumors and speculation, hence, why I’m actually pinning this one on the community, rather than 343 for once. I wish I had my popcorn.

Buying into false hope and rampant speculation is the cause of the problems. I feel bad for the Mods tonight.

appology in advance for my english writing.

i’m not mad about not giving us a falcon.
I’m mad that this update is called memories of reach…
Let’s give the community some new emblems and weapons skins as usual and some random weapons and hey lets give them a new vehicle variant so that they can remember reach with a brute plasma rifle in their hands.
Don’t think so, this is the worst and laziest update so far: weapon skins that we (most of us) already had fill up almost 3/1 of the new reqs what doesn’t have anything to do with halo reach except for the 2 noble team skins. then a brute plasma rifle i remember that from reach… nah don’t think so.
Only the armor is pretty cool/awesome from reach soon in halo 5 but that’s all, i know people are going to say that jorge’s chaingun is in there aswell… uuuuh yup i remember myself owning -Yoink- in reach with his turret or did that only happen in my dreams?
What makes me dissapointed and mad about this update is that the name of the update is false, there is only a few reqs that have a connection with halo reach, and it’s one of the first updates with a little ammount of new stuff they are adding to the game.
What makes it worse you ask? the awesome remix of the worst map in game torque, and yes i’m joking ofcourse it will probably be the 2nd worst map in the game.
Only infection gets me pumped for this update sadly it isn’t enough to get me hyped/pumped for the update.

BTW let’s not forget 343 decided to give us free updates monthly and release their game earlier so they could listen to the community what we wanted and so they could give us the stuff we mostly asked for and in the meantime they would be cashing in $$$$$ from the microtransactions. all this and what will be coming next in the next 2 updates should have been in the game since day 1 sadly every update they keep messing it up. I think we are talking to a brick wall when we give feedback on the forums cause i don’t see 343 listening to their players, that’s probably why all those threads are getting locked aswell cause they didn’t knew this update would have been such a huuuuuuuugeeee mistake.

> 2535420343920048;15:
> appology in advance for my english writing.
>
> i’m not mad about not giving us a falcon.
> I’m mad that this update is called memories of reach…
> Let’s give the community some new emblems and weapons skins as usual and some random weapons and hey lets give them a new vehicle variant so that they can remember reach with a brute plasma rifle in their hands.
> Don’t think so, this is the worst and laziest update so far: weapon skins that we (most of us) already had fill up almost 3/1 of the new reqs what doesn’t have anything to do with halo reach except for the 2 noble team skins. then a brute plasma rifle i remember that from reach… nah don’t think so.
> Only the armor is pretty cool/awesome from reach soon in halo 5 but that’s all, i know people are going to say that jorge’s chaingun is in there aswell… uuuuh yup i remember myself owning -Yoink- in reach with his turret or did that only happen in my dreams?
> What makes me dissapointed and mad about this update is that the name of the update is false, there is only a few reqs that have a connection with halo reach, and it’s one of the first updates with a little ammount of new stuff they are adding to the game.
> What makes it worse you ask? the awesome remix of the worst map in game torque, and yes i’m joking ofcourse it will probably be the 2nd worst map in the game.
> Only infection gets me pumped for this update sadly it isn’t enough to get me hyped/pumped for the update.
>
> BTW let’s not forget 343 decided to give us free updates monthly and release their game earlier so they could listen to the community what we wanted and so they could give us the stuff we mostly asked for and in the meantime they would be cashing in $$$$$ from the microtransactions. all this and what will be coming next in the next 2 updates should have been in the game since day 1 sadly every update they keep messing it up. I think we are talking to a brick wall when we give feedback on the forums cause i don’t see 343 listening to their players, that’s probably why all those threads are getting locked aswell cause they didn’t knew this update would have been such a huuuuuuuugeeee mistake.

The name choice could of been better I think, however to call this a big mistake is well…a mistake. What they probably should have done was not released all the weapon skins in this update, they probably shouldn’t have been all at once. And the reasons for many of the threads being locked is that most threads are non-constructive and end up being rants about how 343i doesn’t know what they are doing or somthing like that. And in my opinion they are doing excellent actually.