To all who defend the Halo 5 campaign...

I just thought you should check this out. The writer does a great job of compiling a level by level analysis of the story and his impression of how the story arc has been building up for the Halo universe versus how it ultimately turned out. I agree whole heartedly with his thoughts and just want to point out how great he is at articulating and putting it all together for us. He has also done an analysis for Halo 4, which I agree with as well. Anyway, you’re gonna need a good minute to go through every level but it’s definitely worth it.

I will say halo Reach was the best campaign for halo and 4 was not as fun. Reach you had great characters with back story then you have 4 with new people that are just dropped on you. They did the same with halo 5 we get blue team and Locks team that you would need to read the books for more info on them. Great MP tho. A+

Yup, I’ve been following along and been in constant communication with the author of that article. I think he gives Halo 5 a fair shake, but as he points out there is are a lot of negatives in it that bring down the positives.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> Yup, I’ve been following along and been in constant communication with the author of that article. I think he gives Halo 5 a fair shake, but as he points out there is are a lot of negatives in it that bring down the positives.

Yeah he gives alot of good insight to little things I missed that now make me see Halo 5 in a slightly better, but still dissapointing light.

It took me until halo 5 to fully appreciate halo 4. I still like both games a lot. But halo Reach and Halo ODST will still be my favorites.

will agree hands down halo 5 has its faults, but it is a blast to play! so i personally dont mind it too much having a somewhat weak and random story. Then again, if it makes halo 6 epic and a perfect set up for something major to happen there, im fine in the end with how it landed. partially due to my own theory about Cortana it sorta makes the story make a tad more sense to me. lol

my favorite one to this day is still halo 2

lazy link

> 2533274971565732;7:
> lazy link

Thank you. And I agree with the posts saying the campaign was fun, I had a blast and think the new spartan abilities are a nice addition. This thread though is purely on my disappointment with the campaign story-wise. Thanks for all you guys’ input.

Lack of enemies I see it as

Halo 5 campaign is the best story not only in video games but in all of hollywoods history!

I don’t even really care about a campaign’s story. I care about the missions being fun and if the campaign is worth replaying.

There are people out there who claim Halo 4 has the best campaign. Guess what? It simply does not. (Here is why) It just has a cool story.

People need to start separating story/atmosphere with level of enjoyment, otherwise it only confuses everyone as they unknowingly argue over two different aspects to a game.

> 2533274912168474;10:
> Halo 5 campaign is the best story not only in video games but in all of hollywoods history!

Sarcasm?

> 2533274816174599;11:
> I don’t even really care about a campaign’s story. I care about the missions being fun and if the campaign is worth replaying.
>
> There are people out there who claim Halo 4 has the best campaign. Guess what? It simply does not. (Here is why) It just has a cool story.
>
> People need to start separating story/atmosphere with level of enjoyment, otherwise it only confuses everyone as they unknowingly argue over two different aspects to a game.

I’d say thats a fair assessment. I do agree I liked h4 plotwise, but I agree a lot with what that video says.

> 2533274964189700;13:
> > 2533274816174599;11:
> > I don’t even really care about a campaign’s story. I care about the missions being fun and if the campaign is worth replaying.
> >
> > There are people out there who claim Halo 4 has the best campaign. Guess what? It simply does not. (Here is why) It just has a cool story.
> >
> > People need to start separating story/atmosphere with level of enjoyment, otherwise it only confuses everyone as they unknowingly argue over two different aspects to a game.
>
>
> I’d say thats a fair assessment. I do agree I liked h4 plotwise, but I agree a lot with what that video says.

And then its kind of the opposite with Halo 5. 343 greatly improved their available options and strategies but instead the story kind of sucked. So then with Halo 5 you have people who enjoyed the campaign’s level design and strategic options arguing with people who hated the story

> 2533275022416367;12:
> > 2533274912168474;10:
> > Halo 5 campaign is the best story not only in video games but in all of hollywoods history!
>
>
> Sarcasm?

Fact!

I like it, but it could have been better.

> 2533274912168474;10:
> Halo 5 campaign is the best story not only in video games but in all of hollywoods history!

Found Brian Reed.

Is it too much to ask for just 1 mission in a Halo campaign where its fun chaotic vehicular warfare with a lot of usnc vehicles (not just ones your spartans are in) against covenant? We haven’t had a proper mission like that since Halo 3 in my opinion.

Why can’t we have more epic moments like in The Ark? Thats honestly all i need for me to have any desire of replaying a campaign. I honestly don’t care if the story is lackluster.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> Yup, I’ve been following along and been in constant communication with the author of that article. I think he gives Halo 5 a fair shake, but as he points out there is are a lot of negatives in it that bring down the positives.

Brian Reed is the major Negative…

Great piece. Halo 4’s story was fantastic and brought a humanistic feeling to Master Chief that was never there before. I loved it, it is a close second to Halo:CE in my opinion. Ur-Didact was also a great antagonist to the Master Chief.

I’ve always thought Halo 5 dropped the ball in almost every important aspect of what made the Halo 4 story great.

I think it is important to note that I really enjoyed Halo 5’s story. I feel it would’ve made more sense to market it like a spin off (Reach, ODST) than the next big step in the Halo universe.