to all trilogy fans!

please quit raging about how Reach wasn’t “Halo” because it wasn’t EXACTLY how Halos 1,2,and 3 were. i’m sorry, but games change, thus Halo will change.

I for one will accept any changes 343 makes. (excluding any kind of perk system)

if you want every Halo to be like Halo 3, GO BACK TO PLAYING HALO 3 AND STOP RAGING!

And this relates to Halo 4, how?

So now we aren’t Halo veterans anymore? We are now, “Trilogy Fans”? I’m down.

So long as I can call you Blind Casual Fans.

All these labels are utterly meaningless. I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. I love the trilogy. I enjoyed Reach immensely. I play competitively and casually. What does that make me?

i’m only saying that Halo vets should get used to change. if you really wanted things to stay the same, the series would end up like CoD. and i’m not a “casual” i love every Halo and everything about it. i just like to see the games be different from each other.

> All these labels are utterly meaningless. I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. I love the trilogy. I enjoyed Reach immensely. I play competitively and casually. What does that make me?

A true fan.

Reach is not Halo. It’s a terrible FPS with a Halo skin put on to make it sell to the casuals.

Reach is in every form and fashion “Halo”. reach was Halo 3 with a DMR and spartan IIIs.

> All these labels are utterly meaningless. I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. I love the trilogy. I enjoyed Reach immensely. I play competitively and casually. What does that make me?

This is how I’ve been playing except since Halo 2 (2004).

Trilogy Fans=The new thing to call veterans of the game.

Plus, CE and Halo 3 are superior to Reach with their better balance, both in gameplay and (with Halo 3) playlist structure, and their basic concepts.

and casual gaming is a bad thing? i love halo. otherwise, “casuals” wouldn’t be on the forums.

> So now we aren’t Halo veterans anymore? We are now, “Trilogy Fans”? I’m down.
>
>
>
>
>
> So long as I can call you Blind Casual Fans.

ive been playing Halo sense 2003… Ive played every game, have hundreds of hours of game time in both campaign and multiplayer. im a Halo “veteran” and you dont see me complaining, its called innovation its going to happen with every game you will ever play.

deal with it, i trust 343 to make this halo as balanced as all the others, like they have promised their going to.

You dont have ANY INFORMATION to complain about, you know NOTHING about this “perk” system… so all of you complaining about this, open your eyes and grow up.

> Reach is in every form and fashion “Halo”. reach was Halo 3 with a DMR and spartan IIIs.

Not at all.

Halo: Reach had loadouts which gave players different abilities off spawn, random fights due to bloom, almost non-existent strafing, maps based around AAs, a horrible ranking system, low jump height, and no bleed-through.

It changed so much of the core game that it’s hardly recognizable.

the ranking system was fine by me. i dont see what was the problem. in halo 3, you lost XP everytime you quit a game, and i had to quit suddenly for multiple reasons on multiple occasions. thus it was VERY hard for me to go up levels without losing a day’s worth of progress.

and for the record, not many “casual” players sit on these forums for hours waiting for information, thus most Halo veterans, seem to be liking the new features announced in Halo 4

> > All these labels are utterly meaningless. I’ve been playing Halo since 2001. I love the trilogy. I enjoyed Reach immensely. I play competitively and casually. What does that make me?
>
> A true fan.

Yeah. Someone who plays Halo to play Halo. :slight_smile:

Im a trilogy fan and i haven’t raged once about reach being not Halo.

A normal person. And they seem to be in short supply here.

that’s great. this topic was addressing the trilogy fans who DO rage about the newer games “not being Halo”

> the ranking system was fine by me. i dont see what was the problem. in halo 3, you lost XP everytime you quit a game, and i had to quit suddenly for multiple reasons on multiple occasions. thus it was VERY hard for me to go up levels without losing a day’s worth of progress.

Halo 3’s ranking system was based on Trueskill and was a 1-50 system. I’m not talking about XP or credits. I mean the skill-based ranking system.