To all those against the spartan abilities

This is why each ability makes sense.
1.Sprint: These guys are supersoldiers. They can flip tanks. I’m pretty sure they can run. 343 has made sure sprint has equivalent pros and cons. Pros are, they speed up traversal, letting you reach objectives, power weapons etc faster. It also allows flanking etc. Cons are that you’re slower on the draw and you’re shields don’t recharge.
2.Clamber: Again, they can flip tanks, so I’m sure they can do pull ups.
3.Smart-link: Other games are stupid, where a guy cant shoot straight unless he aims down sights. Smart link simply preserves the realistic hip-fire of halo while giving every weapon a zoom which barely reduce spread. And btw, binocular vision reduced spread too, this is just improving the animations as well as empowering auto weapons so that all weapons are balanced.
4.Slide: you should be able to slide simply because sometimes there’s cover near you so you can avoid getting sniped, so this simply re-iterates halo’s formula that differentiates it from other shooters: ‘if someone catches you unaware, you can fight back’
5.Thruster pack: Halo 4’s was a great idea but underpowered. This has made the ability perfect, and everyone has it. Suits in the 2500’s can have thrusters if todays astronaut suits do.
7. Ground Pound: This is a natural consequence of the thruster pack, and it requires skill to hit the target, and is not always fatal, so adds a great element to multiplayer. Really risky, really rewarding.
8. Charge: if you end up sprinting into a guys face, cant lift your gun in time and cant reach him to melee, charge allows you to do the latter. its just a long range melee with the same damage as a normal one. plus it takes longer to draw your weapon after executing this compared to a normal melee, meaning its balanced. Again, high risk, high reward. Plus, your enemy has a split second to thrust out of the way, leaving you a sitting duck.
9. Hover: this lets you finish off someone behing cover, especially if you’re out of grenades. It also means you’re a huge foating lump begging to get shot(like in the 3 seconds before ground pound)
Its time we realize that halo needs to evolve for the new console, like halo 3 did. 343 has preserved the core of halo, just evolving it so it doesn’t die with the 360. And like halo 3 was the pinnacle of the franchise’s success, halo 5 can possibly supercede that. Hopefully, it will

> 2535466171875810;1:
> This is why each ability makes sense.
> 1.Sprint: These guys are supersoldiers. They can flip tanks. I’m pretty sure they can run. 343 has made sure sprint has equivalent pros and cons
> 2.Clamber: Again, they can flip tanks, so I’m sure they can do pull ups.
> 3.Smart-link: Other games are stupid, where a guy cant shoot straight unless he aims down sights. Smart link simply preserves the realistic hip-fire of halo while giving every weapon a zoom which barely reduce spread. And btw, binocular vision reduced spread too, this is just improving the animations as well as empowering auto weapons so that all weapons are balanced.
> 4.Slide: you should be able to slide simply because sometimes there’s cover near you so you can avoid getting sniped, so this simply re-iterates halo’s formula that differentiates it from other shooters: ‘if someone catches you unaware, you can fight back’
> 5.Thruster pack: Halo 4’s was a great idea but underpowered. This has made the ability perfect, and everyone has it. Suits in the 2500’s can have thrusters if todays astronaut suits do.
> 7. Ground Pound: This is a natural consequence of the thruster pack, and it requires skill to hit the target, and is not always fatal, so adds a great element to multiplayer. Really risky, really rewarding.
> 8. Charge: if you end up sprinting into a guys face, cant lift your gun in time and cant reach him to melee, charge allows you to do the latter. its just a long range melee with the same damage as a normal one. plus it takes longer to draw your weapon after executing this compared to a normal melee, meaning its balanced. Again, high risk, high reward. Plus, your enemy has a split second to thrust out of the way, leaving you a sitting duck.
> 9. Hover: this lets you finish off someone behing cover, especially if you’re out of grenades. It also means you’re a huge foating lump begging to get shot(like in the 3 seconds before ground pound)
> Its time we realize that halo needs to evolve for the new console, like halo 3 did. 343 has preserved the core of halo, just evolving it so it doesn’t die with the 360. And like halo 3 was the pinnacle of the franchise’s success, halo 5 can possibly supercede that. Hopefully, it will

Your reason for sprint isn’t very valid. I would say it’s needed to speed up the gameplay a bit and to get around in huge maps, but at least your shields don’t recharge until you walk. Also, I noticed that walking with active camo keeps you nearly totally invisible. Really different from Halo 4.

active camo is stronger because, like older halo, you don’t start with it. it spawns on the map after a time limit, like power weapons. This makes it a powerup, not an abiility

Here’s why the abilities make sense:

They were made with the games function and play in mind and the developers are not stuck in 2007.

1.) In every other game they run, too. You just don’t have to push a button to do it.
2.) Clamber’s whatever, I don’t really mind it.
3.) Great, more realism in a video game. Fantastic. Lol
4.) Not sure what your reason here is, because you can slide in other shooters, too.
All the other reasons aren’t even reasons; they’re just explaining how they work.

The whole concept of “Well, a super-soldier can do this and that” is just the silliest argument. Why can’t we pick up objects and throw them, then? Why can’t we go prone? Why can’t we shoot around corners? Why can’t we kick people in the face, and do some cool fist combat when we run out of ammo? Why can’t we choke enemies?
Answer: Because it’s all about gameplay when YOU’RE PLAYING A GAME.

The previous games represented well what a super-soldier can do, considering you were fighting armies by yourself.
Gameplay does not have to be completely reflective of lore. It’s about playing the game. Save the lore and stuff for cutscenes and whatever.

I’ve never seen a franchise change its gameplay so much like Halo’s doing now. And it’s silly when people justify its changes because “spartans should be able to do this” and “we can’t keep making the same game over and over.” Was Halo 3 the same as CE? No. Lol.

With that being said, Halo 5 looks a lot better than Halo 4. We’ll see.

> 2533274793616507;5:
> 1.) In every other game they run, too. You just don’t have to push a button to do it.
> 2.) Clamber’s whatever, I don’t really mind it.
> 3.) Great, more realism in a video game. Fantastic. Lol
> 4.) Not sure what your reason here is, because you can slide in other shooters, too.
> All the other reasons aren’t even reasons; they’re just explaining how they work.
>
> The whole concept of “Well, a super-soldier can do this and that” is just the silliest argument. Why can’t we pick up objects and throw them, then? Why can’t we go prone? Why can’t we shoot around corners? Why can’t we kick people in the face, and do some cool fist combat when we run out of ammo? Why can’t we choke enemies?
> Answer: Because it’s all about gameplay when YOU’RE PLAYING A GAME.
>
> The previous games represented well what a super-soldier can do, considering you were fighting armies by yourself.
> Gameplay does not have to be completely reflective of lore. It’s about playing the game. Save the lore and stuff for cutscenes and whatever.
>
> I’ve never seen a franchise change its gameplay so much like Halo’s doing now. And it’s silly when people justify its changes because “spartans should be able to do this” and “we can’t keep making the same game over and over.” Was Halo 3 the same as CE? No. Lol.
>
> With that being said, Halo 5 looks a lot better than Halo 4. We’ll see.

This guy pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly

> 2535466171875810;1:
> Its time we realize that halo needs to evolve for the new console, like halo 3 did. 343 has preserved the core of halo, just evolving it so it doesn’t die with the 360. And like halo 3 was the pinnacle of the franchise’s success, halo 5 can possibly supercede that. Hopefully, it will

Actually I think it’s time you understand there are valid reasons for people not liking Spartan Abilities…

Stopped reading as soon as I saw “these guys are supersoldiers”.

For the 1000th time this is a videogame and not reality. I don’t mind most abilities but sprint is not necessary at all.

> 2533274811158328;4:
> Here’s why the abilities make sense:
>
> They were made with the games function and play in mind and the developers are not stuck in 2007.

I agree, but there is a difference between innovation and merely taking the idea of other games. Halo 5, for example, is GOOD innovation. It has elements from other games, sure, but it isn’t a blatant and shameless attempt at a rip off like Halo 4 was.

Sprint feels like it encourages people to run away from fights, true. Atleast shields don’t recharge while sprinting. There’s that.

I’m really glad Halo has clamber/mantle now, but the ability I hated was Spartan Charge. It sounds good on paper, but ruins assassinations. And most of my experience, sends the enemy flying to far from me, allowing them to hide while I hiked to find them recharged and waiting for me. Lol

> 2535466171875810;1:
> This is why each ability makes sense.
> 1.Sprint: These guys are supersoldiers. They can flip tanks. I’m pretty sure they can run. 343 has made sure sprint has equivalent pros and cons. Pros are, they speed up traversal, letting you reach objectives, power weapons etc faster. It also allows flanking etc. Cons are that you’re slower on the draw and you’re shields don’t recharge.
> 2.Clamber: Again, they can flip tanks, so I’m sure they can do pull ups.
> 3.Smart-link: Other games are stupid, where a guy cant shoot straight unless he aims down sights. Smart link simply preserves the realistic hip-fire of halo while giving every weapon a zoom which barely reduce spread. And btw, binocular vision reduced spread too, this is just improving the animations as well as empowering auto weapons so that all weapons are balanced.
> 4.Slide: you should be able to slide simply because sometimes there’s cover near you so you can avoid getting sniped, so this simply re-iterates halo’s formula that differentiates it from other shooters: ‘if someone catches you unaware, you can fight back’
> 5.Thruster pack: Halo 4’s was a great idea but underpowered. This has made the ability perfect, and everyone has it. Suits in the 2500’s can have thrusters if todays astronaut suits do.
> 7. Ground Pound: This is a natural consequence of the thruster pack, and it requires skill to hit the target, and is not always fatal, so adds a great element to multiplayer. Really risky, really rewarding.
> 8. Charge: if you end up sprinting into a guys face, cant lift your gun in time and cant reach him to melee, charge allows you to do the latter. its just a long range melee with the same damage as a normal one. plus it takes longer to draw your weapon after executing this compared to a normal melee, meaning its balanced. Again, high risk, high reward. Plus, your enemy has a split second to thrust out of the way, leaving you a sitting duck.
> 9. Hover: this lets you finish off someone behing cover, especially if you’re out of grenades. It also means you’re a huge foating lump begging to get shot(like in the 3 seconds before ground pound)

1. Food for though: Why can’t they shoot when running, they are super soldiers.
  2. Clamber is weird and nobody cares wether or not it’s in the game.
  3. Smart scope isn’t realistic if that’s what you’re implying. They wouldn’t look down the sights in 2500 whatever the year is. People are finding technology beyond that NOW.
  4. Slide is nice. It doesn’t need sprint however.
  5. Thruster packs are dodges and stupid. At least they removed grenae indicators.
  6. I guess you missed number 6.
  7. I like ground pound, it’s balanced, neat and overall doesn’t look like it detract from the experience.
  8. Charge uses spring, wouldn’t work without sprint, therefore: stupid.
  9. Meh.

Conclusion. Realism doesn’t matter. Don’t bring in realism it wins no arguments. Gameplay elements should be implemented for gameplay purposes first and foremost.

I have pretty much concluded that the players against abilities are the players who care nothing about lore or the actual story of Halo. They seem to think anything out side of walk, crouch, jump, and trigger pull the BR isn’t Halo…I don’t mind the abilities at all. Each Halo game has brought good and bad changes. You had to adapt and learn new tactics. What I don’t get is with today’s technology why can’t they have at least one classic playlist with no abilities? Why can’t they cater to a wider variety of gamers? That is one thing I feel that Bugie did better with Halo than 343 did. Bungie had a way better multiplayer playlist set up.

> 1.Sprint: These guys are supersoldiers. They can flip tanks. I’m pretty sure they can run. 343 has made sure sprint has equivalent pros and cons. Pros are, they speed up traversal, letting you reach objectives, power weapons etc faster. It also allows flanking etc. Cons are that you’re slower on the draw and you’re shields don’t recharge.

You’re right. A super soldier should be able to sprint. You know what else a super soldier should be able to do? Lay prone. Why can’t we do that? Oh ya, because it doesn’t fit the gameplay. Aim around corners? A super soldier should be able to do that no problem, especially with smart scope. Why can’t we do that? because it doesn’t fit the gameplay. Want to know what else doesn’t fit the gameplay? Sprinting. The argument that we should be able to do it because a super soldier can do it is moot.

> 2811398874529013;13:
> > 1.Sprint: These guys are supersoldiers. They can flip tanks. I’m pretty sure they can run. 343 has made sure sprint has equivalent pros and cons. Pros are, they speed up traversal, letting you reach objectives, power weapons etc faster. It also allows flanking etc. Cons are that you’re slower on the draw and you’re shields don’t recharge.
>
>
> You’re right. A super soldier should be able to sprint. You know what else a super soldier should be able to do? Lay prone. Why can’t we do that? Oh ya, because it doesn’t fit the gameplay. Aim around corners? A super soldier should be able to do that no problem, especially with smart scope. Why can’t we do that? because it doesn’t fit the gameplay. Want to know what else doesn’t fit the gameplay? Sprinting. The argument that we should be able to do it because a super soldier can do it is moot.

I wish we could go prone. I think that would be cool. Go prone and low crawl. The original Far Cry had the absolute best player mechanics for a fps. It had everything. Not only could you go prone but under building you could roll over and shoot through the floor. In vehicles you could go from the drivers position right into the gunners position. I don’t understand why an older game like that could have such great mechanics and newer games can’t other than they are just to lazy to but it in the game. There is nothing wrong with giving Spartans more abilities to navigate the maps with IMO.

I like the new Halos but you’re misunderstanding the classic community completely here. For them, Halo games should be as canon as possible, but not if it ruins the gameplay, so your points wont reach them.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> I have pretty much concluded that the players against abilities are the players who care nothing about lore or the actual story of Halo. They seem to think anything out side of walk, crouch, jump, and trigger pull the BR isn’t Halo…I don’t mind the abilities at all. Each Halo game has brought good and bad changes. You had to adapt and learn new tactics. What I don’t get is with today’s technology why can’t they have at least one classic playlist with no abilities? Why can’t they cater to a wider variety of gamers? That is one thing I feel that Bugie did better with Halo than 343 did. Bungie had a way better multiplayer playlist set up.

We’ve had several attempts at classic playlists in the past. They were short lived because they were extremely unpopular. MCC is the biggest example of this as 3/4 games in the MCC are CLASSIC by the very definition that they are the games themselves. And the games are fundamentally still not as popular playlist wise as Halo 4. I’m glad MCC exists for that very reason though. Not to show that Halo 1 2 and 3 are inferior games, not at all, they all have their merits. But to show that despite gamers having an all inclusive title where they have the choice to play their “favourite without a doubt best ever Halo game” they still WON’T go and play it.

One other major issue though I must point out with the request for a classic mode for Halo 5 is that the map designs are no longer classic design. I’d like to suggest to the community and to the developers that if any forge remakes do come out, 1:1 scale of course, that these forge maps have the classic No abilities etc. Though it would be an absolute disaster with the way guns work currently (they are far deadlier than the days of Halo 2 and 3)

> 2533274811158328;16:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > I have pretty much concluded that the players against abilities are the players who care nothing about lore or the actual story of Halo. They seem to think anything out side of walk, crouch, jump, and trigger pull the BR isn’t Halo…I don’t mind the abilities at all. Each Halo game has brought good and bad changes. You had to adapt and learn new tactics. What I don’t get is with today’s technology why can’t they have at least one classic playlist with no abilities? Why can’t they cater to a wider variety of gamers? That is one thing I feel that Bugie did better with Halo than 343 did. Bungie had a way better multiplayer playlist set up.
>
>
> We’ve had several attempts at classic playlists in the past. They were short lived because they were extremely unpopular. MCC is the biggest example of this as 3/4 games in the MCC are CLASSIC by the very definition that they are the games themselves. And the games are fundamentally still not as popular playlist wise as Halo 4. I’m glad MCC exists for that very reason though. Not to show that Halo 1 2 and 3 are inferior games, not at all, they all have their merits. But to show that despite gamers having an all inclusive title where they have the choice to play their “favourite without a doubt best ever Halo game” they still WON’T go and play it.
>
> One other major issue though I must point out with the request for a classic mode for Halo 5 is that the map designs are no longer classic design. I’d like to suggest to the community and to the developers that if any forge remakes do come out, 1:1 scale of course, that these forge maps have the classic No abilities etc. Though it would be an absolute disaster with the way guns work currently (they are far deadlier than the days of Halo 2 and 3)

People don’t play MCC because it is a trainwreck. As much as I dislike the gameplay of H4, the game functions. You can find matches when you search. The intended features behave as they should. MCC being released broken was the biggest disappointment in gaming I’ve ever experienced.

> 2533274811158328;16:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
> > I have pretty much concluded that the players against abilities are the players who care nothing about lore or the actual story of Halo. They seem to think anything out side of walk, crouch, jump, and trigger pull the BR isn’t Halo…I don’t mind the abilities at all. Each Halo game has brought good and bad changes. You had to adapt and learn new tactics. What I don’t get is with today’s technology why can’t they have at least one classic playlist with no abilities? Why can’t they cater to a wider variety of gamers? That is one thing I feel that Bugie did better with Halo than 343 did. Bungie had a way better multiplayer playlist set up.
>
>
> We’ve had several attempts at classic playlists in the past. They were short lived because they were extremely unpopular. MCC is the biggest example of this as 3/4 games in the MCC are CLASSIC by the very definition that they are the games themselves. And the games are fundamentally still not as popular playlist wise as Halo 4. I’m glad MCC exists for that very reason though. Not to show that Halo 1 2 and 3 are inferior games, not at all, they all have their merits. But to show that despite gamers having an all inclusive title where they have the choice to play their “favourite without a doubt best ever Halo game” they still WON’T go and play it.
>
> One other major issue though I must point out with the request for a classic mode for Halo 5 is that the map designs are no longer classic design. I’d like to suggest to the community and to the developers that if any forge remakes do come out, 1:1 scale of course, that these forge maps have the classic No abilities etc. Though it would be an absolute disaster with the way guns work currently (they are far deadlier than the days of Halo 2 and 3)

The classic isn’t popular in MCC because they yoinked it all up! In Halo 2 and CE games teams can spawn all mixed up… who the heck wants to play that? Had they made the classic games play correctly they may have been more popular. I started playing with Halo 2 and I don’t remember ever spawning reds and blues together. I never played Halo CE on the computer but something tells me teams didn’t spawn mixed there either. I think the newer halos get voted for more often because they simply function better. I don’t think 343 tried to sabotage them or anything they just did a crap job porting them over and making sure they actually work.

> 2533274811158328;16:
> > 2533274816788253;12:
>
>
>

Where is the dislike button when you need it?

> 2811398874529013;13:
> > 1.Sprint: These guys are supersoldiers. They can flip tanks. I’m pretty sure they can run. 343 has made sure sprint has equivalent pros and cons. Pros are, they speed up traversal, letting you reach objectives, power weapons etc faster. It also allows flanking etc. Cons are that you’re slower on the draw and you’re shields don’t recharge.
>
>
> You’re right. A super soldier should be able to sprint. You know what else a super soldier should be able to do? Lay prone. Why can’t we do that? Oh ya, because it doesn’t fit the gameplay. Aim around corners? A super soldier should be able to do that no problem, especially with smart scope. Why can’t we do that? because it doesn’t fit the gameplay. Want to know what else doesn’t fit the gameplay? Sprinting. The argument that we should be able to do it because a super soldier can do it is moot.

Plus they could run at top speed for a LOT longer than a few seconds. Goodbye realism!