To all the dudes that played Halo 5 free.

Well, you got to try it, what do you think? Is this a good game or not?

We the people of Waypoint have been discussing the issues of Halo 5 for a long time now, but we’re mostly made up of people that actually invested in this game and our opinions and arguments are mostly stale and have been repeated quite often. The player base brought in by the freebie will consist of totally new players and some of the lost Spartans left to burn with Reach, maybe even the ones that stood with us to finish the fight, and never returned. You know who you are. I want to know what you think of this game, no matter when you last looked upon a massive ring shaped superweapon, or if you’ve never seen one before.

Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.

At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’

> 2533274886531207;3:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
>
>
> At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’

If new players want to add feedback, they’re more than welcome to make their own topic, don’t you think?

But you can keep belittling everyone else for not being a blind 343 fanboy if it makes you feel better.

> 2533274856723140;4:
> > 2533274886531207;3:
> > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
> >
> >
> > At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’
>
>
> If new players want to add feedback, they’re more than welcome to make their own topic, don’t you think?
>
> But you can keep belittling everyone else for not being a blind 343 fanboy if it makes you feel better.

Oh and you’re so big and mature for trying to belittle my comment by calling me a 343 fanboy. Please do us all a favor and point out where my reply says anything about 343 AT ALL.

> 2533274856723140;4:
> > 2533274886531207;3:
> > > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
> >
> >
> > At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’
>
>
> If new players want to add feedback, they’re more than welcome to make their own topic, don’t you think?
>
> But you can keep belittling everyone else for not being a blind 343 fanboy if it makes you feel better.

Whoa, calm down people. I am fully aware that this thread may be futile in the end, but if I don’t try nothing good can come of it. Also, please don’t throw around the “343 fanboy” insult. Wartoad is entitled to his opinion of the merit of threads, especially since he didn’t directly insult anyone.

> 2533274886531207;5:
> > 2533274856723140;4:
> > > 2533274886531207;3:
> > > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
> > >
> > >
> > > At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’
> >
> >
> > If new players want to add feedback, they’re more than welcome to make their own topic, don’t you think?
> >
> > But you can keep belittling everyone else for not being a blind 343 fanboy if it makes you feel better.
>
>
> Oh and you’re so big and mature for trying to belittle my comment by calling me a 343 fanboy. Please do us all a favor and point out where my reply says anything about 343 AT ALL.

I think he was directing the comment toward me? I’m not belittling anyone, I’m just pointing out the fact that the feedback might not be here, if it is than awesome I would love to hear what they have to say as well. If not than we shouldn’t be surprised.

> 2717573882290912;7:
> > 2533274886531207;5:
> > > 2533274856723140;4:
> > > > 2533274886531207;3:
> > > > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > > > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’
> > >
> > >
> > > If new players want to add feedback, they’re more than welcome to make their own topic, don’t you think?
> > >
> > > But you can keep belittling everyone else for not being a blind 343 fanboy if it makes you feel better.
> >
> >
> > Oh and you’re so big and mature for trying to belittle my comment by calling me a 343 fanboy. Please do us all a favor and point out where my reply says anything about 343 AT ALL.
>
>
> I think he was directing the comment toward me? I’m not belittling anyone, I’m just pointing out the fact that the feedback might not be here, if it is than awesome I would love to hear what they have to say as well. If not than we shouldn’t be surprised.

Nah, that wouldn’t make any sense at all. It’s pretty clear that you’re just stating fact.

> 2717573882290912;7:
> > 2533274886531207;5:
> > > 2533274856723140;4:
> > > > 2533274886531207;3:
> > > > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > > > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’
> > >
> > >
> > > If new players want to add feedback, they’re more than welcome to make their own topic, don’t you think?
> > >
> > > But you can keep belittling everyone else for not being a blind 343 fanboy if it makes you feel better.
> >
> >
> > Oh and you’re so big and mature for trying to belittle my comment by calling me a 343 fanboy. Please do us all a favor and point out where my reply says anything about 343 AT ALL.
>
>
> I think he was directing the comment toward me? I’m not belittling anyone, I’m just pointing out the fact that the feedback might not be here, if it is than awesome I would love to hear what they have to say as well. If not than we shouldn’t be surprised.

No, it was definitely directed at me. The only question that remains is what aspect of my post is even remotely related to '343 fandom?"

My guess is at some point I replied to one of his posts or made a post in a thread that he didn’t like and he’s still feeling salty. Some people are just prone to holding grudges.

> 2533274856723140;4:
> > 2533274886531207;3:
> >
> >
>
>
>

I don’t see how that applies to his post. Are you just purposely trying to start an argument with him?

Lets just get back on topic… Op I am curious as well to hear some feedback from those that took advantage of the free play. Granted there might not be a lot of them that made a waypoint account but it would still be nice to hear from a few that maybe did. And see if anyone bought the game after…

> 2717573882290912;2:
> Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.

Your right. They were on the Halo Reddit commenting on it

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4rcu86/im_so_glad_halo_5_was_free_to_play/

> 2533274803137071;12:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
>
>
> Your right. They were on the Halo Reddit commenting on it
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4rcu86/im_so_glad_halo_5_was_free_to_play/

Most of those comments are about Battleborn and Doom.

I had a friend played it and he actually liket it, he sucks but he said it is super fun if you play with someone so yeah… I hope he buys it :slight_smile:

> 2533274803137071;12:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
>
>
> Your right. They were on the Halo Reddit commenting on it
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4rcu86/im_so_glad_halo_5_was_free_to_play/

Lol so he’s praising Halo 5 because of the hitscan and extreme bullet magnetism? Destiny uses projectiles which is why he would have a harder time landing shots. He’s basically saying Halo 5 is easier. Interesting, though.

As one of the players from those free play days… I’m conflicted. I likes the game play additions, spartan abilities and such. But I wasn’t a fan of a lot of maps that felt too small because all the emphasis was on vertices movement.

The balance also felt off, especially in war zone and firefight. I’m not a particularly good player, I mostly played Halo on PC and didn’t get an Xbox until a few months ago, but a single promethean soldier should not take 2 full assault rifle mags, plus a teammate to kill.

But I did enjoy Forge, it’s great compared to what we had before. So I’ll probably buy the game in the end, but I hope they fix some of the issues.

> 2533274852660538;10:
> > 2533274856723140;4:
> > > 2533274886531207;3:
> > > > 2717573882290912;2:
> > > > Not to shoot you down, but I doubt many people who played during the free days have made a Waypoint account. I think I have seen one topic posted, by someone asking questions about the free play days and that was it. Might not get the feedback you are looking for.
> > >
> > >
> > > At least he’s trying to welcome feedback from new players? This thread is 1000x better than the ones complaining about new players ‘ruining the game.’
> >
> >
> > If new players want to add feedback, they’re more than welcome to make their own topic, don’t you think?
> >
> > But you can keep belittling everyone else for not being a blind 343 fanboy if it makes you feel better.
>
>
> I don’t see how that applies to his post. Are you just purposely trying to start an argument with him?

i have no idea what is going on here

> 2533274999548391;16:
> As one of the players from those free play days… I’m conflicted. I likes the game play additions, spartan abilities and such. But I wasn’t a fan of a lot of maps that felt too small because all the emphasis was on vertices movement.
>
> The balance also felt off, especially in war zone and firefight. I’m not a particularly good player, I mostly played Halo on PC and didn’t get an Xbox until a few months ago, but a single promethean soldier should not take 2 full assault rifle mags, plus a teammate to kill.
>
> But I did enjoy Forge, it’s great compared to what we had before. So I’ll probably buy the game in the end, but I hope they fix some of the issues.

Well, I’m glad you stopped by not only to play the game but to take the time to visit Waypoint as well. Welcome, friend. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

> 2533274999548391;16:
> The balance also felt off, especially in war zone and firefight. I’m not a particularly good player, I mostly played Halo on PC and didn’t get an Xbox until a few months ago, but a single promethean soldier should not take 2 full assault rifle mags, plus a teammate to kill.

Standard Warzone is almost meant to be somewhat unbalanced with all of the sometimes ridiculously powerful weapons and vehicles use. Warzone Firefight’s balance is awful. I think most of the community would agree that the enemies take and dish out too much damage.

> 2533274999548391;16:
> As one of the players from those free play days… I’m conflicted. I likes the game play additions, spartan abilities and such. But I wasn’t a fan of a lot of maps that felt too small because all the emphasis was on vertices movement.
>
>
> But I did enjoy Forge, it’s great compared to what we had before. So I’ll probably buy the game in the end, but I hope they fix some of the issues.

In FF and just regular warzone the enemies are buffed to make it more difficult to take them out…that’s why they can kill u in 1 to 3 shots an du have to unload the whole clip then some…they need to tweak the AI and stuff to make it smarter not spongier!