To all grifball spawn killers

Never try to spawn kill me it wont work. This is the game they tried it on. Sure I didnt go majorly possitive but I still went possitive.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/PlayerGameHistory.aspx?player=Honored Warhero

Sorry that won’t stop people from doing it.

grifball spawn killers are the lowest frms of scum -.- they made the playlist not fun… at all

> Sorry that won’t stop people from doing it.

I know I am just saying I am prepared for them and they should watch out.

> grifball spawn killers are the lowest frms of scum -.- they made the playlist not fun… at all

Don’t play the playlist then.

I’m not a grifballer. I played a few games in halo 3 and I don’t think I’ve ever played it in reach. but anyway:

spawn trapping is one of the many strategies halo has the most shooters don’t. getting map control and keeping the enemy team spawning in one place and killing them before they can get a better position on the map is a very successful strategy when done correctly but is very hard to pull off.

if the other team is way better than you and is planning on spawn trapping you then there really is no way to counter it except by preventing them from getting map control.

for grifball, I’d say you should prevent anyone from sneaking around to your spawn. try to have all of your players evenly distributed along the width of the map and don’t let anyone get by.

hope this helps

While spawn killing is somtimes required to win in grifball, for all other playlists, I (along with most Halo players) consider spawn camping really noobish and unskillful. That is coming from a guy who has played Halo since day one and I consider myself to be at least an above average player.

Spawn killing can mean different things.

4 People assassinating at all spawn points to rank up kills=Wrong,bad,game breaking.

1 Person killed there way to your spawn has no where else to go=It’s his only choice… (game flaw)

1-3 people at your spawn killing you=The only way to win by force, Won’t last long because they will score.

me and my friend have gone 200+ in a game many times thanks to spawn killing you just jealous

> me and my friend have gone 200+ in a game many times thanks to spawn killing you just jealous

that means your the problem. youre not going for the objective like you should be, youre just there to rack up cheap kills. noone should get to 200 kills, hell noone should make it to 100. and so i bet your 200 spawn kills in a game pf grif ball makes you a badass? right? wrong. spawn killing in ANY playlist should be a bannable offense. its not skillful, at all. its cheap, and shows how low supposedly good players will go to win.

Spawn killing is the only fun part of Grifball in Halo 3. Since I haven’t played it in Reach I would assume that still holds true.

> > me and my friend have gone 200+ in a game many times thanks to spawn killing you just jealous
>
> that means your the problem. youre not going for the objective like you should be, youre just there to rack up cheap kills. noone should get to 200 kills, hell noone should make it to 100. and so i bet your 200 spawn kills in a game pf grif ball makes you a Yoink!? right? wrong. spawn killing in ANY playlist should be a bannable offense. its not skillful, at all. its cheap, and shows how low supposedly good players will go to win.

Mmmmmno. Players who can do this are good because they have outplayed you badly enough to secure key positions on the map. Once we have control of those positions, we can keep you suppressed at your own spawn while other teammates run the flag.

Deliberately holding really only comes into play (for myself and my clan, anyway) when the other team are -Yoinks!-.

Plus, if you’re that pissed about getting spawn trapped, quit. Obviously you have better things to do during the day.

> > > me and my friend have gone 200+ in a game many times thanks to spawn killing you just jealous
> >
> > that means your the problem. youre not going for the objective like you should be, youre just there to rack up cheap kills. noone should get to 200 kills, hell noone should make it to 100. and so i bet your 200 spawn kills in a game pf grif ball makes you a Yoink!? right? wrong. spawn killing in ANY playlist should be a bannable offense. its not skillful, at all. its cheap, and shows how low supposedly good players will go to win.
>
> Mmmmmno. Players who can do this are good because they have outplayed you badly enough to secure key positions on the map. Once we have control of those positions, we can keep you suppressed at your own spawn while other teammates run the flag.
>
> Deliberately holding really only comes into play (for myself and my clan, anyway) when the other team are Yoink!.
>
> Plus, if you’re that pissed about getting spawn trapped, quit. Obviously you have better things to do during the day.

spawn camping isnt skillful. you know it too. the only reason you defend it is becuase you dont want to lose a source of cheap kills. spawn killing=cheap, skill-less kills. and i dont get spawn killed all that often, and im definately not guilty of sinking to such a low level. if you are looking directly at a teams spawn with a sniper rifle, you know you are in the wrong, yet your not going to reposition. also spawn killing generally happens when their isnt enough manpower on a team to stop it cause some -Yoink-(s) quit. a team of two really isnt going to be able to break such a cheap enemy tactic. i say this game needs a painkiller style perk from CoD/temprary invincibilty (10 seconds-15 seconds), just to piss spawn campers off

Pretty glad gamers like you won’t get listened to. If you don’t quit when you have A: Lost half your team or more and B: Are being spawn killed, you are clearly having fun staring at the respawn screen. It’s the only reason I can think of.

And obviously you’ve never had a good enough team to be able to spawn trap with.

> Pretty glad gamers like you won’t get listened to. If you don’t quit when you have A: Lost half your team or more and B: Are being spawn killed, you are clearly having fun staring at the respawn screen. It’s the only reason I can think of.
>
> And obviously you’ve never had a good enough team to be able to spawn trap with.

it doesnt take a good team to spawn trap, as a good team can win without this tactic. please dont trick yourself and others into to believing that your spawn killing for the team. with stats and k/d being all people have now without a ranking system based in skill, people spawn trap for the selfish reason of gaining kills in any cheap way they can. im not wrong on this. anyone can pick up a sniper and spawn camp, but it takes a person with good morale fiber not to do such things. people play living dead for this reason, and are looked down upon for it saying “wheres the skill?” we could ask the same thing

> > me and my friend have gone 200+ in a game many times thanks to spawn killing you just jealous
>
> that means your the problem. youre not going for the objective like you should be, youre just there to rack up cheap kills. noone should get to 200 kills, hell noone should make it to 100. and so i bet your 200 spawn kills in a game pf grif ball makes you a Yoink!? right? wrong. spawn killing in ANY playlist should be a bannable offense. its not skillful, at all. its cheap, and shows how low supposedly good players will go to win.

Lol its even funnier when you hear ppl yelling at you in the mic.

"You guys are #%&&ing losers you @%&!ing piece of #&*@ go @##$ yourself you @%%@ers!

ME:laughing too much to talk

> > > me and my friend have gone 200+ in a game many times thanks to spawn killing you just jealous
> >
> > that means your the problem. youre not going for the objective like you should be, youre just there to rack up cheap kills. noone should get to 200 kills, hell noone should make it to 100. and so i bet your 200 spawn kills in a game pf grif ball makes you a Yoink!? right? wrong. spawn killing in ANY playlist should be a bannable offense. its not skillful, at all. its cheap, and shows how low supposedly good players will go to win.
>
> Lol its even funnier when you hear ppl yelling at you in the mic.
>
> "You guys are #%&&ing losers you @%&!ing piece of #&*@ go @##$ yourself you @%%@ers!
>
> ME:laughing too much to talk

lol regardless of comedic value, its still wrong

the funny thing is that spawn killers think they have ‘talent’…lol

>

While I ultimately agree with this, it does rack up when you submit player reviews on players like this. Eventually their playing to the point they can’t stand it anymore and quit totally. That’s my philosophy…

>

u mad bro?

Spawn killing is a legitimate strategy. I love spawn killing just as much as I hate being spawn killed. You win some, you lose some, right? It’s just a game, try not to take it so seriously :slight_smile: