(To Achilles owners) How did you get Achilles?

Did you get it by enduring the ridiculous grind, or did you acquire it by joining a Spartan Company at the last moment?

I’m particularly guilty of the latter.

I endured the grind pretty much from the beginning. I joined in late november I believe, we got the helmet in mid to late July.

Farming… lots and lots of farming

Our company just got our Spartan helmet. We did it the legit way without farming. Yes it took a while, much longer than I had anticipated, but we didn’t group up until a few months into Halo 5’s release. With that in mind, these past few months were particularly difficult due to the multiple Triple A game releases. You can’t expect everyone in a clan to play Halo every day all day! With that in mind, I appreciate the efforts of everyone in my group! I know some put in more time than others, but all together it was a collective effort.

> 2535414299834534;3:
> Farming… lots and lots of farming

yes its true… not

Our company did it legit. Started Jan. 28 got the helmet June 28, pretty quick considering the requirements.

> 2535414299834534;3:
> Effort… lots and lots of effort

Fixed it for you. Although my company doesn’t have the helmet yet you use too wide a brush in your characterization.

We’re not quite there yet (somewhat casual company, getting extremely close!) but have been playing since the November release and honestly outside of trying to play certain playlists that will boost your odds of those commendations, I’d say the biggest key to getting there is making Halo 5 fun. If you get burnt out on the game quickly, there’s no chance you’ll ever hit Achilles short of joining a company late that’s on cusp of acquiring it. We wound up having 400 members in our company (primary plus three “sister” companies) and as a result we ALWAYS had friends to play with online which has kept the game fresh and fun. So even though it’s over a year old now, I still love playing some Halo 5 with my XBL friends at night or over the weekends, because the game still feels somewhat fresh. All of these updates from 343 haven’t hurt either!

> 2805367267888498;7:
> > 2535414299834534;3:
> > Effort… lots and lots of effort
>
> Fixed it for you. Although my company doesn’t have the helmet yet you use too wide a brush in your characterization.

No, see you’re reading into it too much. By reading into things either too much or not enough is what causes bickering.

Now because you reported me I’m going to be forced to make an appeal and than report you for the exact thing you just reported me on and it’ll turn into a tic for tac petty dispute.

so instead of fighting why don’t we just drop it? Clearly you don’t understand that I was answering for myself and others. It’s not my fault you’re taking this personally.

but either way because you reported my to the Monitors I’m forced to do the same to you as it’s not my intention to cause a fight but you are taking it that way.

now than before I get suspended again for another person reading into things too much…

> 2535414299834534;9:
> > 2805367267888498;7:
> > > 2535414299834534;3:
> > > Effort… lots and lots of effort
> >
> > Fixed it for you. Although my company doesn’t have the helmet yet you use too wide a brush in your characterization.
>
> No, see you’re reading into it too much. By reading into things either too much or not enough is what causes bickering.
>
> Now because you reported me I’m going to be forced to make an appeal and than report you for the exact thing you just reported me on and it’ll turn into a tic for tac petty dispute.
>
> so instead of fighting why don’t we just drop it? Clearly you don’t understand that I was answering for myself and others. It’s not my fault you’re taking this personally.
>
> but either way because you reported my to the Monitors I’m forced to do the same to you as it’s not my intention to cause a fight but you are taking it that way.
>
> now than before I get suspended again for another person reading into things too much…

I have no clue what you’re talking about in terms of reporting. I make like one post on here a month (just blew out my quota even responding to this) and can assure you I didn’t get worked up over what you posted. But now when the mods read this and see that you evidently reported me for mistakenly believing that I reported you… I’m sure they’ll enjoy having to needlessly trudge through that.

This thread was how people came to obtain Achilles and you posted here despite you not having it and made a broad generalization of how those do. Not coincidentally you also blame others for you having had posting privileges suspended once before.

For many of us chasing it the path will be as enjoyable as the destination without having to make others game experience a bad thing… Sorry you can’t see that.

My company got it in May, the company is Winter Contingent. I left a bit after, IDK if people farmed, (doubt it), but I didn’t as I basically only played Arena.

ive done tons of grinding in a company and left right before they got the helmet. gg

> 2535442377964386;12:
> ive done tons of grinding in a company and left right before they got the helmet. gg

That sucks… :frowning:

> 2678703528371785;4:
> Our company just got our Spartan helmet. We did it the legit way without farming. Yes it took a while, much longer than I had anticipated, but we didn’t group up until a few months into Halo 5’s release. With that in mind, these past few months were particularly difficult due to the multiple Triple A game releases. You can’t expect everyone in a clan to play Halo every day all day! With that in mind, I appreciate the efforts of everyone in my group! I know some put in more time than others, but all together it was a collective effort.

^ I hope you enjoy the helmet as much as I do.

We just got ours today, been grinding since January 2016.

Still working on it (Headshots)

I joined my Spartan Company around the time Achilles first came out, and spent more money than I’d care to admit to make Warzone more bearable in our quest for the armor. After Anvil’s Legacy dropped and many issues plaguing the game were ignored, I quit Halo 5, uninstalled it from my hard drive, and got kicked out of my Spartan Company as a result.

Until a little over a week ago when I looked up my old Spartan Company and noticed they were 95% of the way to getting the helmet, and with Monitor’s Bounty promising to address some of the game’s flaws, I asked the leader to rejoin. Spent the next few days grinding vehicle kills, Marine kills, and headshots until we finally got the helmet on the afternoon of December 15th… by which time I’d already grown tired of Halo 5 again, and went straight back to Destiny.

If nothing else, my grinding for Achilles got me enough REQ points that I’m all set for the next update and the release of the 2017 helmets.

By searching one that was grinding for the Helmet, I think the armor looks terrible, but I love the Helmet.

> 2805367267888498;10:
> > 2535414299834534;9:
> > > 2805367267888498;7:
> > > > 2535414299834534;3:
> > > > Effort… lots and lots of effort
> > >
> > > Fixed it for you. Although my company doesn’t have the helmet yet you use too wide a brush in your characterization.
> >
> > No, see you’re reading into it too much. By reading into things either too much or not enough is what causes bickering.
> >
> > Now because you reported me I’m going to be forced to make an appeal and than report you for the exact thing you just reported me on and it’ll turn into a tic for tac petty dispute.
> >
> > so instead of fighting why don’t we just drop it? Clearly you don’t understand that I was answering for myself and others. It’s not my fault you’re taking this personally.
> >
> > but either way because you reported my to the Monitors I’m forced to do the same to you as it’s not my intention to cause a fight but you are taking it that way.
> >
> > now than before I get suspended again for another person reading into things too much…
>
> I have no clue what you’re talking about in terms of reporting. I make like one post on here a month (just blew out my quota even responding to this) and can assure you I didn’t get worked up over what you posted. But now when the mods read this and see that you evidently reported me for mistakenly believing that I reported you… I’m sure they’ll enjoy having to needlessly trudge through that.
>
> This thread was how people came to obtain Achilles and you posted here despite you not having it and made a broad generalization of how those do. Not coincidentally you also blame others for you having had posting privileges suspended once before.
>
> For many of us chasing it the path will be as enjoyable as the destination without having to make others game experience a bad thing… Sorry you can’t see that.

No that’s just how things work here on Waypoint, if you don’t get a response within 5 minutes than report. If someone says something you disagree with than report. If you feel threatened than report. If you think that someone is trying to start a fight than report. Basically you can’t even breathe here on the forums without having someone report you.

there is a reason why so many people prefer everything but the Waypoint forums. It’s really toxic on here. I still come here to listen in on official news and engage the community a bit… which I also do on twitter, Facebook, Reddit, ect.

and yes every single post that you post is 100% guaranteed to be reported by at least someone. It’s better to assume that anyone that responds to you automatically reported you.

Wich even if you didn’t report me than someone else 100% guaranteed reported me over thinking your response to mine or you for responding in the way that you did.

like I said you can’t breath on here without having at least one person report you.

my buddy invited me i think a couple of days after they were implemented.

as for how we got it, well i pretty much went in solo doing my own thing. and my company leader was actually alright with that. he could tell i was being active and he was pretty okay with just about anyone doing things solo as long as it helped. i think the only time i went into full on “grind” mode and played playlists i dont like was when we needed just a few more specific commendations. i played a lot of swat and warzone during that time. beyond that i usually just played btb and slayer most of the time by myself.