TO 343 INDUSTRIES - PLEASE READ! (MULTIPLAYER IDEAS)

Hello, 343 Industries.

I am a long time Halo fan. I want to quickly say that I enjoyed Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. I did not however, enjoy Reach. It felt too different, too slow, and I felt that the armor abilities and loadouts just didn’t make it feel like a Halo game. I was not able to play Halo Reach for very long. I ended up getting rid of it only a few short months after it’s release and even after Reach’s release, I played Halo 3 more.

I’ve heard a lot about how you are planning to “calm everyone’s nerves” and please the community. First, I want to say that I believe that you are indeed entirely capable of that. But the recent leaks on the multiplayer have me worried. Armor Abilities and Loadouts have been confirmed, which causes me to fear that this may be just a slightly tweaked version of Halo Reach.

I know you guys plan to release more Multiplayer information int he near future, and I can be patient. However, I thought I would at least have my opinion heard (well…read) by you and have some of these things taken into consideration.

As you can see, many many people are hoping for a return of the good old classic, competitive Halo that we remember. Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 held the best days. It was good old classic arena style combat where we didn’t have to worry about perks or anything. Those are the days that made us fall in love with Halo, days we will never forget.

I know you guys plan on keeping in the armor abilities and the loadouts and I guess that is fine. But I, and perhaps thousands and thousands of others wish to relive the good old days. I would like to have a CLASSIC variant of the multiplayer.

Here is what I am thinking…

The armor abilities and loadouts could have their own playlists (Team Slayer, Lone Wolves, Oddball, Team Snipers, etc.). In addition to this, There would be multiple CLASSIC gametypes available for players to select as well, such as Classic Team Slayer, Classic Social Slayer, Classic BTB, Classic Team Snipers, Classic Oddball, Classic Capture the Flag, Classic SWAT, Classic Lone Wolves, etc. I feel that putting all of those gametypes under one playlist and having us play which ever one pops up in matchmaking at random limits our experience, like it did in Halo Reach.

Of course, the Classic variant would have no Armor Abilities, No perks of any kind, No loadouts. Every player would start out with the same weapon, weapons would be available for pick up on the maps, and the movement/gravity/gameplay would be that of Halo CE/2/3.

This is my wish list and I’m sure many others will agree with it. I know there are lots of gamers that don’t mind the Armor Abilities and loadouts, but for the long time fans that love the good old classic Halo and never want to leave it behind, please don’t forget them.

Again, this is important, Please make a classic variant where we can CHOOSE which classic gametype to play. That will work better.

Thank you and I can’t wait to hear more about this game.

this is getting out of hand, seriously, this is the thread thats going to turn tide people.

Agreed, if 343i is just going to force these gimmicks on to us. At least give us a classic playlist. Where we can play true halo.

I believe that the classic style should have its own playlist that way the people that want to play classic plays classic and the people that just want to play the game play regular playlist. I think that the low numbers in the classic playlist in Reach is due to the fact that the game still plays like Reach in a multitude of ways and still does not feel like the old Halo. I would definitly play the classic playlist more than regular simply because I prefer the old style of play but I would also play some regular just for the lolz.

Take into account what you didnt like about reach. From your post, you said it felt too slow. I agree, it was too slow for me as well. From the vidocs and other info, 343 have said that its going to be faster paced. I dont think it will feel at all like reach, only aesthetically look like it to some extent and contain a few elements of it.

I have no doubt in my mind that there will be a classic playlist like in Halo Reach, but I don’t think that we’ll be seeing one anytime near launch. From their point of view, they’ll want the community to try out the new gameplay first because this is a whole new multiplayer system they’ve been working on and they want to SEE the players reaction to it.

Does it need updates? Does it need new playlists? Weapons? Should we scrap this and start on a new multiplayer system in Halo 5? What should we implement into DLC?

They have to get info on what they’re doing right or wrong. The last thing they need in the first few months of Halo 4 is a playlist that will give them the same stats and info the last few halo games have given.

Also, (on the note of changes) they have to change the gameplay as much as possible without losing the feel of a halo game or esthetics that the player will recognize with that game series. If this is ignored, the game ends up feeling like a map pack with one or two changes to the HUD.

IMO.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not revive extremely old threads without just cause.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the Multiplayer.

When playing Big Team Battle occasionally your allies may turn against you for whatever reason and completelly ruin the gaming experience or when you accidently kill an allie they boot you from the game anyway causing you to be banned.

How about intoducing an option to change allegiance and join the other team during loudout?

I think this would be an interesting way to exact revenge.

343i you are doing a remarkable job, looking forward to Forward Unto Dawn!!!

> Hi,
>
> I have a suggestion for the Multiplayer.
>
> When playing Big Team Battle occasionally your allies may turn against you for whatever reason and completelly ruin the gaming experience or when you accidently kill an allie they boot you from the game anyway causing you to be banned.
>
> How about intoducing an option to change allegiance and join the other team during loudout?
>
>
> I think this would be an interesting way to exact revenge.
>
> 343i you are doing a remarkable job, looking forward to Forward Unto Dawn!!!

No, this is available in Halo 1 online and all people due is change teams o the winning team.

> Hi,
>
>
> When playing Big Team Battle occasionally your allies may turn against you for whatever reason and completelly ruin the gaming experience or when you accidently kill an allie they boot you from the game anyway causing you to be banned.
>
> How about intoducing an option to change allegiance and join the other team during loudout?
>
>
>

Why, oh why did you revive this thread?

> Hi,
>
>
>
>
>
>

eh too much effort. If a teamate gets under you skin just leave the game and use the join in progress to join the other team.

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a suggestion for the Multiplayer.
> >
> > When playing Big Team Battle occasionally your allies may turn against you for whatever reason and completelly ruin the gaming experience or when you accidently kill an allie they boot you from the game anyway causing you to be banned.
> >
> > How about intoducing an option to change allegiance and join the other team during loudout?
> >
> >
> > I think this would be an interesting way to exact revenge.
> >
> > 343i you are doing a remarkable job, looking forward to Forward Unto Dawn!!!
>
> Why, oh why did you revive this thread?

A Three month thread. WHY?!

> I have no doubt in my mind that there will be a classic playlist like in Halo Reach, but I don’t think that we’ll be seeing one anytime near launch. From their point of view, they’ll want the community to try out the new gameplay first because this is a whole new multiplayer system they’ve been working on and they want to SEE the players reaction to it.
>
> Does it need updates? Does it need new playlists? Weapons? Should we scrap this and start on a new multiplayer system in Halo 5? What should we implement into DLC?
>
> They have to get info on what they’re doing right or wrong. The last thing they need in the first few months of Halo 4 is a playlist that will give them the same stats and info the last few halo games have given.
>
> Also, (on the note of changes) they have to change the gameplay as much as possible without losing the feel of a halo game or esthetics that the player will recognize with that game series. If this is ignored, the game ends up feeling like a map pack with one or two changes to the HUD.
>
> IMO.

Well, we saw that with Reach. Players who didn’t like the changes in Reach, didn’t have anywhere to go from the start, and they just left all together. They had nowhere to go in Reach, Halo 4 can’t do that. There is the risk that Halo 4 could turn out like Reach, and 343 shouldn’t risk losing those players because they didn’t have a classic playlist from the start.

Also, what’s wrong with having the stats of the other Halo games? Stats of success are a bad thing to have?