To 343 and whom it may concern

Dear 343 I a long time Halo player has been banned for I believe 10mins. The first time ever in my whole Halo career since matchmaking on Halo2 all the way through to now that I have ever been banned. Now I have come here to bring a serious matter to the table not just for my sake but for everyone else that have been unjustly banned.

I like so many others bought Halo Anniversary to enjoy the classic legend and the remake of amazing maps for Reach. Like many I downloaded those maps so I can enjoy the Anniversary playlist. To my disappointment when I entered said playlist and got to the voting lobby seconds later was kicked from game and returned to playlist lobby. I thus proceeded to attempt playlist once again an additional 3 times to be met by the same results. Now I have never encountered such an event before and when I switched over to Invasion, BTB, and Double Team (Not wanting to risk being banned for something that I believe to be on your end.) did not encounter above said problem. After 30mins or so of enjoying Invasion, in the middle of the match I was met with a warning saying if I quit more games I would be pummeled to a mushy pulp by the infamous hammer of banittude. Now what I have just said to you happened Friday. Throughout my lovely Thanksgiving weekend I was met with that message each time I popped in my Reach disk wondering why that was still appearing even after a period of time has passed with out playing or being kicked or booted for betrayals.

Today and once or twice late last night, I was booted from matches at most 4 times what I would say was stupidity of players(In ex. me sticking an enemy just for a team mate to decide to run up and attempt to assassinate same stickeed to be met by death to then boot me for their own mistake.) and accidents which was out of anyone’s control. (ex. The betrayal that gave me the ban today the only betrayel or leaving of a game today which I never quit games NEVER. Where I had destroyed the enemy banshee as he attempted to continue to terrorize our base. For then an ally to sadly get hit by debris from said banshee that was destroyed to count as a betrayal towards me which thus made the ban hammer swing down upon me.)

This truly is a sad moment for me to be unjustly banned for such ludicrous incidents and wish for and hoping some changes might be made for players like me so we are never met with such problems again.

Hoping to hear from 343 or from anyone that can do anything about above said matters, -NegaRamy-

It’s a 10 minute ban, your making it out like it’s a life time ban.

Just be careful next time.

A 10-minute break never killed anyone.

Yet.

> It’s a 10 minute ban, your making it out like it’s a life time ban.
> Just be careful next time.

I am sick to death of this response. It doesn’t matter that the ban is only 10 minutes, the point is that it was delivered unjustly. Also, you can be as careful as you want, but your caution cannot possibly extend towards the actions of others, especially the more idiotic players.

> > It’s a 10 minute ban, your making it out like it’s a life time ban.
> > Just be careful next time.
>
> I am sick to death of this response. It doesn’t matter that the ban is only 10 minutes, the point is that it was delivered unjustly. Also, you can be as careful as you want, but your caution cannot possibly extend towards the actions of others, especially the more idiotic players.

Exactly that’s a 10min ban now but next time it’ll be worse. Not to mention you fail to see the point of my message regarding the Anniversary playlist and the fact that even after many hours of no incidents after the first event on Friday from the playlist the placeholder of a possible ban stuck around. Combined with accidental betrayals like I also mentioned above isn’t something that can be justly permit-table.

TBH, I actually PREFER how crappy the Halo 3 boot betrayal system was. In Reach, pretty much every betrayal gives a boot option, and since players are selfish and want more credits they boot every time, even if they were clearly at fault.
The solution is to give players a betrayal kill-cam, reminiscent of COD, and FORCE them to watch it so they can see who’s fault it actually is.

Possibly the most annoying thing about the limited betrayal system is how it always warns you RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN MATCH JUST AS YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET A TRIPLE-RICOCHET OFF OF THREE SEPARATE BANSHEES OVERKILL EXTERMINATION 360 NO SCOPE! /rage

> TBH, I actually PREFER how crappy the Halo 3 boot betrayal system was. In Reach, pretty much every betrayal gives a boot option, and since players are selfish and want more credits they boot every time, even if they were clearly at fault.
> The solution is to give players a betrayal kill-cam, reminiscent of COD, and FORCE them to watch it so they can see who’s fault it actually is.

Not even then I have encountered plenty of times in a match where a player will purposely betray teammates again and gain in the same match for no reason yet no one will get the boot option to kick them from game. Yet I myself in 90% of my betrayals which are always accidents or to the persons stupidity would get booted on my first offense of the match.

How is that true justice tell me where people purposely betray for the boot option to never pop up on them or it takes many offenses for it to appear. Yet for someones accident or the other persons stupidity get booted on their first offense of the match.

I promise this now I will not let this Topic I created disappear till this issue is answered and resolved.

what would they do to fix it? remove the ban? then those that deserve to be banned won’t

> TBH, I actually PREFER how crappy the Halo 3 boot betrayal system was. In Reach, pretty much every betrayal gives a boot option, and since players are selfish and want more credits they boot every time, even if they were clearly at fault.
> The solution is to give players a betrayal kill-cam, reminiscent of COD, and FORCE them to watch it so they can see who’s fault it actually is.

if you force them to watch it, it will piss many people off, the people that team kill on purpose will cause more annoyance to the team mates they kill

> what would they do to fix it? remove the ban? then those that deserve to be banned won’t

For starters they can look into why people might be having problems with their Anniversary playlist and remove any possibilities of it creating bans from the problems its causing.

Fix the betrayal system that if done 3 times or more then it gives the option to boot so that way it doesn’t punish one time accidental incidents and punishes real purposeful repeaters. Fixing any problems with the ban placeholder to reset itself after a certain amount of times instead of sticking around for days to people who haven’t committed any offenses.

Create a code or system that can actually tell when someone pressed the quit button to leave a game, or if they purposely sabotaged their connection to leave rather then a random lag out of the game from other players lagging the system.

Fix the betrayal system in another way also to distinguish stuff like flying debris from a destroyed vehicle your teammate just destroyed or the now famous one where teammates will purposely jump on to the propeller of their allies falcon to purposely create a betrayal for that falcon pilot, or when a falcon will blow up and it has gunners on it and sometimes it’ll say the pilot betrayed the gunners even if it was an enemy who stuck or rocketed the falcon.

Stuff like that they can do to fix the problems or all in all remove the ban hammer from betrayals and quitting and create a team of Mods or GM’s or something that investigate repeated offenses like pulling the player into a private lobby to question and review said incidents in theater to see what has really been going on. Instead of sending a mindless giant out with a hammer that cant tell the difference between their own server problems and real quitting and real offenders and innocent bystanders.

(picturing a giant brute chieftain walking around with a grav ham, attacking people in matchmaking, smiling)
edit, i mean me smiling, not the chieftain

Just don’t quit as much.

I get the same message and I only quit ONE GAME…No betrayals, never quitting and I still get the same message that if I quit again I will be banned. Sure if I did quit games then fine I would have earned it, the point is I have only quit one game, I did NOT quit any other games.

Try redownloading your DLC. If it’s kicking you out then that means your Anniversary content isn’t loading properly.

> Try redownloading your DLC. If it’s kicking you out then that means your Anniversary content isn’t loading properly.

Thanks Ill try that.

Well here I am like I said not going to let this fade away and with new news.

So since my incident from yesterday of being banned for 10mins I have not been kicked, booted, left, or any other thing that could cause such an event to happen again. YET I log in today pop my Reach disk in and when I get to the Reach main menu guess what greeted me? Well if you havent guessed it yet it was another warning stating I had left to many games and anymore will result in consequences.

Now look at how long ago I made this topic 23+ hours ago. That means Ive gone 23+ hours WITHOUT any event causing me forceably or on my own to leave, quit, kicked, disconnected, or booted from a match. Now can someone answer me WHY that warning is still in place.

This weekend was the first time out of 7 years of my online Halo career that I have ever been warned about leaving games.(Which as Ive said before I never leave games or quit. Only get disconnected by being lagged out which is like once a week if even that or booted for stupid peoples mistakes or out of anyones control accidental betrayals.)
Yet for some reason it wont reset like its suppose to after what is it a few hours if even that of no incidents. Ive been patient so far but I want a reply from someone that will do something about it 343. Im being unjustly punished for something I am not doing. Once again thats 23+ HOURS WITHOUT INCIDENT for that message to still be there. That message that ban placeholder should have left hours after my incidnets where I was beeing kicked from the Anniversary playlist from the voting lobby for no reason on friday.

Edit: By the time this was actually posted it was 24 hours.

Chill out dude. The warnings are a bit excessive, but they’re there to let you know you’re still on probation. We know it’s not your fault that you’ve been kicked out of so many games, but the automated system that issues these warnings doesn’t.

> Chill out dude. The warnings are a bit excessive, but they’re there to let you know you’re still on probation. We know it’s not your fault that you’ve been kicked out of so many games, but the automated system that issues these warnings doesn’t.

I will not calm down about this cause like I said I am wrongly being punished. Until something is done about it I will not settle down about the matter, till this issue is resolved all the way around for everyone whos ever been placed in my shoes.

welcome to Reach!! I too had this happened many times before but there’s nothing anyone can do.

I have a video of a guy Modding on Cage with the sniper and reported him, yet he’s still on and playing for about 5 months now, and when I mentioned his GT name, I was the one who got a WARNING not to point fingers or else the ban hammer was imminent!