Title update

has the whole title update fiasco for halo wars been fixed yet?

They fixed the out of sync problems a while ago, but TU4 hasn’t been reinstalled yet.

I actually just checked up on this last week! While I don’t know exactly what will be implemented, the fix is nearing completion.

> I actually just checked up on this last week! While I don’t know exactly what will be implemented, the fix is nearing completion.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Halo Wars players rejoice! There is hope for the game afterall. An admin actually commented on a TU thread!

> > I actually just checked up on this last week! While I don’t know exactly what will be implemented, the fix is nearing completion.
>
> OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
>
> Halo Wars players rejoice! There is hope for the game afterall. An admin actually commented on a TU thread!

Awww. Now my Arby is gonna get nerfed again. :`(

> > > I actually just checked up on this last week! While I don’t know exactly what will be implemented, the fix is nearing completion.
> >
> > OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
> >
> > Halo Wars players rejoice! There is hope for the game afterall. An admin actually commented on a TU thread!
>
> Awww. Now my Arby is gonna get nerfed again. :`(

Oh he will still be the best covy leader by far…

WOOHOO! I don’t think the update affects me a lot, except prophet’s speed and grunt damage.

> WOOHOO! I don’t think the update affects me a lot, except prophet’s speed and grunt damage.

The Prophet’s speed is not going to change.

> I actually just checked up on this last week! While I don’t know exactly what will be implemented, the fix is nearing completion.

thank god, I was getting worried nothing was going to happen.

> > WOOHOO! I don’t think the update affects me a lot, except prophet’s speed and grunt damage.
>
> The Prophet’s speed is not going to change.

Tech 1 and 2 prophet non-DM. Prophet FTW, in DM, I can most likely beat your arbiter.

GREAT! I bet they mess other stuff up now. Can we expect anything else in the future for Halo Wars? Maybe continuous leaderboard resets?

> GREAT! I bet they mess other stuff up now. Can we expect anything else in the future for Halo Wars? Maybe continuous leaderboard resets?

Doubtful. It’s two years in and it doesn’t have a supporting company. I’d be really happy if they made a sequel though. There are rumblings about a Kinect Halo Wars. Could be interesting or even great. Could be terrible if not done correctly. I’ll be pissed if it makes my fat *** stand up in order to play. There’s a reason they call them ‘armchair’ generals.

> > GREAT! I bet they mess other stuff up now. Can we expect anything else in the future for Halo Wars? Maybe continuous leaderboard resets?
>
> Doubtful. It’s two years in and it doesn’t have a supporting company. I’d be really happy if they made a sequel though. There are rumblings about a Kinect Halo Wars. Could be interesting or even great. Could be terrible if not done correctly. I’ll be pissed if it makes my fat *** stand up in order to play. There’s a reason they call them ‘armchair’ generals.

Yeah, no thanks on bridging the gap between RTS and Motion Capture with Halo Wars 2. I dont think it would be good for the game at all. The idea is too outlandish for a game that lacks even the tiniest of support. I think 343 would be better suited to have a small team work on halo wars 1 to refine their ideas if a 2nd is on the way, a 2nd that USES A CONTROLLER.

> > > WOOHOO! I don’t think the update affects me a lot, except prophet’s speed and grunt damage.
> >
> > The Prophet’s speed is not going to change.
>
> Tech 1 and 2 prophet non-DM. Prophet FTW, in DM, I can most likely beat your arbiter.

I play Cutter or Prophet in Deathmatch, not Arbiter.

The only time the prophet’s speed was changed was in TU1 and that change is still there. So why would it change again?

> > > GREAT! I bet they mess other stuff up now. Can we expect anything else in the future for Halo Wars? Maybe continuous leaderboard resets?
> >
> > Doubtful. It’s two years in and it doesn’t have a supporting company. I’d be really happy if they made a sequel though. There are rumblings about a Kinect Halo Wars. Could be interesting or even great. Could be terrible if not done correctly. I’ll be pissed if it makes my fat *** stand up in order to play. There’s a reason they call them ‘armchair’ generals.
>
> Yeah, no thanks on bridging the gap between RTS and Motion Capture with Halo Wars 2. I dont think it would be good for the game at all. The idea is too outlandish for a game that lacks even the tiniest of support. I think 343 would be better suited to have a small team work on halo wars 1 to refine their ideas if a 2nd is on the way, a 2nd that USES A CONTROLLER.

Yeah, that’s the much safer way to do things. I don’t know, all I know is that I remember someone from 343 saying “imagine how cool it would be to play Halo Wars with the Kinect” or something to that effect (it’s on this website somewhere), and I also know that MS registered the domain name “halokinect.com” so I’m putting two and two together.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, but if 343 is willing to go all out and give a Halo Wars 2 Kinect the support it deserves, then I’ll buy it. (Assuming it pulls it off). Think how easy it would be to micro units if the kinect really worked. I’m not sure how they’d do it though.

I know that a Halo FPS Kinect would be a much bigger risk.

> > > > WOOHOO! I don’t think the update affects me a lot, except prophet’s speed and grunt damage.
> > >
> > > The Prophet’s speed is not going to change.
> >
> > Tech 1 and 2 prophet non-DM. Prophet FTW, in DM, I can most likely beat your arbiter.
>
> I play Cutter or Prophet in Deathmatch, not Arbiter.
>
> The only time the prophet’s speed was changed was in TU1 and that change is still there. So why would it change again?

Oh… Nevermind…

+1 to the admins for actually keeping up this time, now I might be shooting for the moon here, but is it too much to ask for a Title Update geared specifically towards gameplay? I can conjure up a list of 2 pages solely on Arbiter Glitches that need to be fixed, not to mention the game has pretty much become who can build tanks and banshees the fastest.

> +1 to the admins for actually keeping up this time, now I might be shooting for the moon here, but is it too much to ask for a Title Update geared specifically towards gameplay? I can conjure up a list of 2 pages solely on Arbiter Glitches that need to be fixed, not to mention the game has pretty much become who can build tanks and banshees the fastest.

OMG <3

I cant stand the arbiter. Ill rant about him all day with you. My favorite is when people say they are skilled with him, and they ‘rage micro’. Haha, i cant wait til he gets nerfed more than TU5, which is a crappy fix on him in my opinion.

> > +1 to the admins for actually keeping up this time, now I might be shooting for the moon here, but is it too much to ask for a Title Update geared specifically towards gameplay? I can conjure up a list of 2 pages solely on Arbiter Glitches that need to be fixed, not to mention the game has pretty much become who can build tanks and banshees the fastest.
>
> OMG <3
>
> I cant stand the arbiter. Ill rant about him all day with you. My favorite is when people say they are skilled with him, and they ‘rage micro’. Haha, i cant wait til he gets nerfed more than TU5, which is a crappy fix on him in my opinion.

There is an art behind using him properly… Special blend of balancing your resources for rage and units and of course there is such thing as rage micro.

> > > +1 to the admins for actually keeping up this time, now I might be shooting for the moon here, but is it too much to ask for a Title Update geared specifically towards gameplay? I can conjure up a list of 2 pages solely on Arbiter Glitches that need to be fixed, not to mention the game has pretty much become who can build tanks and banshees the fastest.
> >
> > OMG <3
> >
> > I cant stand the arbiter. Ill rant about him all day with you. My favorite is when people say they are skilled with him, and they ‘rage micro’. Haha, i cant wait til he gets nerfed more than TU5, which is a crappy fix on him in my opinion.
>
> There is an art behind using him properly… Special blend of balancing your resources for rage and units and of course there is such thing as rage micro.

Im not referring to balancing your economy. That is something every leader has to do. UNSC has to wait for enough money for a d-bomb/leader power. That is something inherent to every RTS: management of resources. If there wasnt that aspect of the game, it wouldnt be an RTS…

Secondly, rage takes no micro. I have made another post about this, but I have literally wiped out armies WITH MY EYES CLOSED. I mean literally hit my y button to start raging, looked away from the TV, and just flailed my stick. When I looked back after the battle, I had killed all his units and had more life than when I started.

There are a few times when rage is used well to escape a battle or get to an important place faster, or just trying to hit the lower health targets. But its something EVERYONE CAN EASILY BE GREAT AT.