Title Update (Warthogs)

So I would like to know what the exact reason that the Title Update nerfs the warthogs steering, while everyone knows and complains about the banshee being way over powered. Or how about the warthogs way over powered turret? Now we still have a flying tank, a undrivable warthog, which if people just shoot the turret can destroy everything. How bout the fact that scorpions only take a couple of shots of a DMR. All I want to know is why nerf things that everyone loves while not even touching the real problems?

What are you talking about? Nothing about the vehicles has changed >_>

Source?

> What are you talking about? Nothing about the vehicles has changed >_>

actually, the damage flames seems different, while playing classic BTB on headlong and driving the gauss i noticed the flames where different and the smoke was really heavy but other then this everything seemed the same.

> > What are you talking about? Nothing about the vehicles has changed >_>
>
> actually, the damage flames seems different, while playing classic BTB on headlong and driving the gauss i noticed the flames where different and the smoke was really heavy but other then this everything seemed the same.

Flames and stuff like that have all been changed in defiant maps and so on, but in default and noble’s still remains the same

Vehicles are powerfull for a reason, DMR the banshee and watch it blow up… your agrument is invalid, thats like saying, the Snipe is overpowered because you get -Yoinked!- up off your spawn longrange. ITS A POWER WEAPON!

The really really slow peoples example:

Banshee = Power Vehicle
Guass Hog = Power Vehicle
Tank = Power Vehicle
Wraith = Power Vehicle

Most often Human weapons > Covie
However, Vehicles the covie are “most often” better

learn how to deal with every situation … if your teammates are limited and don’t DMR the banshee and you die over and over, quit and play with friends…

quit raging about the vehicles and rage about the fact that the update didn’t occur all at once, and now your stuck going from TS to Squad to Arena, and your bloom changes… where it didnt before…

There should be:

Competitive playlist:
~Normal~

85% Playlist:
Team Slayer
Team Object
Big Team
Arena

ZB Playlist:
Team Slayer
Team Object
Big Team

I 100% agree that Arena belongs to 85% …

Nothing has changed with the warthog except aesthetics.

If anything, vehicles are under-powered and the injection of the Gauss has finally started to tweak the balance in the vehicles favor. Let me define under-powered better; Weapons are too powerful against vehicles. Rockets, Grenades, Plasma Pistols and Grenade Launchers should be the only way to take out a vehicle. I should not be able to grab a Sniper and in 1 clip down a Banshee, nor should 3 people be able to pepper a Vehicle with the DMR and either flip it (warthog) or destroy it (any vehicle) in a fairly short period of time. Vehicles have become more of a death trap than a game changer unless your team completely controls the map, and that isn’t right.

> Vehicles are powerfull for a reason, DMR the banshee and watch it blow up… your agrument is invalid, thats like saying, the Snipe is overpowered because you get Yoink! up off your spawn longrange. ITS A POWER WEAPON!
>
> The really really slow peoples example:
>
> Banshee = Power Vehicle
> Guass Hog = Power Vehicle
> Tank = Power Vehicle
> Wraith = Power Vehicle
>
>
> Most often Human weapons > Covie
> However, Vehicles the covie are “most often” better
>
> learn how to deal with every situation … if your teammates are limited and don’t DMR the banshee and you die over and over, quit and play with friends…
>
> quit raging about the vehicles and rage about the fact that the update didn’t occur all at once, and now your stuck going from TS to Squad to Arena, and your bloom changes… where it didnt before…

There’s a difference between a power weapon/vehicle and a game breaking addition. The Banshee is far too powerful as it is now. Sure, you can eventually take it down with a very concentrated team effort, but not everyone has the luxury of playing with friends all the time, not to mention the fact that when you spawn out in the open on certain levels you barely have time to get 2 shots off before you are killed by the thing.

Also, your argument is invalid about the comparison to the Sniper Rifle. The Sniper Rifle takes some amount of skill to use and it eventually runs out of ammo even if you are extremely talented with it. That’s quite the opposite with the Banshee as if can do flips and drop bombs infinitely, which ultimately decides the fate of the game on the one vehicle alone.

@ ^

There is no reason a rifle should be able to down large vehicles so quickly. A sniper should not be able to take a tank out in 6 bullets. A DMR should not be able to destroy the vehicle of a banshee or ghost or warthog, and there is no reason that 2 bullets from a DMR should flip an airborne warthog.

I can agree that the vehicles are over powered in their offense, but ballistic weapons are overpowered against vehicles. The system is just broken holistically. Vehicles like the banshee should have a longer cooldown time for the banshee bomb, and snipers/DMRs/Pistols/ARs should be less effective against vehicles. Explosives are the only weapons that should take down vehicles in a short period of time, not the weapons everyone spawns with. The problem with Reach is there are few choices to do this; gone are the trip mines, missile launchers etc. Instead we have 1 addition in the Grenade Launcher and the hit or miss Armor Lock, which is a BS implementation as it is.

Again, the problem here is just that Reach is broken overall, no amount of updates can fix it without completely changing the game.

@ Shiney

Quit trolling; I think this is the 2nd or 3rd thread you are ranting about updates and it isn’t even relevant this time.

> @ ^
>
> There is no reason a rifle should be able to down large vehicles so quickly. A sniper should not be able to take a tank out in 6 bullets. A DMR should not be able to destroy the vehicle of a banshee or ghost or warthog, and there is no reason that 2 bullets from a DMR should flip an airborne warthog.
>
> I can agree that the vehicles are over powered in their offense, but ballistic weapons are overpowered against vehicles. The system is just broken holistically. Vehicles like the banshee should have a longer cooldown time for the banshee bomb, and snipers/DMRs/Pistols/ARs should be less effective against vehicles. Explosives are the only weapons that should take down vehicles in a short period of time, not the weapons everyone spawns with. The problem with Reach is there are few choices to do this; gone are the trip mines, missile launchers etc. Instead we have 1 addition in the Grenade Launcher and the hit or miss Armor Lock with is a BS implementation as it is.
>
> Again, the problem here is just that Reach is broken overall, no amount of updates can fix it without completely changing the game.

I agree whole-heartedly. Personally, I think the Banshee should have its flips and bomb nerfed so that it can be locked on to by a rocket or plasma launcher while its shields and plasma bolts buffed so that it still has a fighting chance. This would allow options for it to be taken out.

The Sniper should do negligible damage to the vehicles, whereas the DMR should get a slight reduction to the amount of damage dealt out to vehicles.

It could be fixed, but unfortunately for any fans of BTB 343 has not focused on these issues for the TU, or even acknowledged them for that matter. These are the top things I would change about the game, but everyone is more caught up on 1-50 and bloom, which undermines these issues.

Needle Rifles would be a good substitute for DMR’s in my personal opinion, as long as there isn’t a Banshee to have to fight off.

> It could be fixed, but unfortunately for any fans of BTB 343 has not focused on these issues for the TU, or even acknowledged them for that matter. These are the top things I would change about the game, but everyone is more caught up on 1-50 and bloom, which undermines these issues.

That is exactly it. Reach has too many problems and this takes a back seat to bloom, which I feel it rightly should. Either way, I accept this problem in Reach, but am hopeful that it will be fixed for Halo 4.

Its not a sniper rifle its an anti-materiel rifle, look up what that means.

Sort of agree with the power of the DMR vs vehicles is too much though.

> Its not a sniper rifle its an anti-materiel rifle, look up what that means.
>
> Sort of agree with the power of the DMR vs vehicles is too much though.

I think that’s a minor technicality when discussing gameplay. Having it decimate vehicles and infantry negates the importance of the Laser and other weapons. Why change up your play style if the “anti-material rifle” can compensate for any encounter?

That’s just not right in my opinion.

Because most people you meet while driving a vehicle dont have the sniper, and it takes 4 accurate rounds out of 12 to blow up a vehicle, the tanks take more. Whereas the laser/rockets take 1.

People talk like everyones got a long rifle in their back pocket just waiting for you to roll up in the hog.