Title update makes magnum a 4 shot kill.

Regarding the new gametype, with bleedthrough, the magnum takes four shots for a kill (assuming the fourth is a headshot). Discuss.

I commented on that on a previous thread, but regardless, I don’t know why its a 4-shot.

Unless the pistol’s damage modifier was increased (which I don’t recall hearing about), it should still be a 5-shot. If it’s suppose to resemble the CE pistol, it should be a 3-shot…

Very peculiar.

DMR is useless for the most part. The pistol gliches sometimes. It thinks its a sniper and kills you in one shot. Even if you have full shields and heath.

The skill gap has been extremely widened. Gameplay is at it’s finest. Practice with the 4sk Pistol and 5sk DMR and your gameplay can be flawless. Individual skill has returned to Halo.

I loled at how fast my clip went. Its was fun though.
I feel…whats the word? Refreshed? Renewed?

> The skill gap has been extremely widened. Gameplay is at it’s finest. Practice with the 4sk Pistol and 5sk DMR and your gameplay can be flawless. Individual skill has returned to Halo.

Individual skill never left.

However, you are correct. The skill gap has widened. FINALLY!

Not only did the magnum turn into a 4SK, the needle rifle turned into a 6SK. And that renders the DMR the weakest headshot-capable gun of the lot because the NR and the pistol fire way faster.

But I don’t think the magnum and needle rifle now requiring one shot less to kill is due to a damage boost. I think it’s a side effect of bleed-through being enabled now.

Seems odd…and seems like a problem.
A sudden increase in one weapon’s potency without altering the rest of the sandbox is a good way to break balance.
I feel like, in the long run, a 4sk pistol will render the AR underused and useless, and the DMR outmatched…though I wonder how a 4sk pistol plays with the 85% bloom…
At least zero bloom isn’t going to be the standard…that’d require a helluva alot more changes to keep from creating more problems then it solves…
Luckily, that’s what the beta hoppers are for.

I beat out the pistol in a match. With the dmr, it really is all about aiming. Skill gap galore.

> I beat out the pistol in a match. With the dmr, it really is all about aiming. Skill gap galore.

I noticed that the magnum sometimes misses a shot or two at longer ranges whereas the DMR doesn’t (targets were standing still). While this isn’t of much use on most maps where combat takes place at close to medium range, it will at least prevent the magnum from replacing the DMR on larger maps.

> > I beat out the pistol in a match. With the dmr, it really is all about aiming. Skill gap galore.
>
> I noticed that the magnum sometimes misses a shot or two at longer ranges whereas the DMR doesn’t (targets were standing still). While this isn’t of much use on most maps where combat takes place at close to medium range, it will at least prevent the magnum from replacing the DMR on larger maps.

Right here is where the DMR is at best. I can kill pretty easliy at range with the DMR. I actually don’t like using the needle rifle over the DMR.

It is epic, I’ve played a few customs, and it is so epic. Overpowered, yes. But epic nonetheless.

I coulda swore I was taking guys down in the TU at Halo Fest with only 3 shots from the magnum. Maybe I was wrong.