Title Update makes Halo 4 disc unreadable

Hey everyone,
As we all know, 343 tries to improve Halo 4 and they’re using Title Updates to do so.
However after the last TU I can’t start up Halo 4.
My Xbox tells me that the disc is unreadable.
After I delete the TU Halo start again normally.

Here is a YT link of what is happening.

Does anyone of you know this problem and how to fix it?

Smily5380

its likely that the laser on the console is on it’s last legs

That’s strange. After you’ve downloaded the TU have you tried turning the console off and then back on again? I assume you have but didn’t in the video. Usually if a disk is unreadable it won’t show the name of the disc on the dashboard. I don’t see how the unreadable disk error and the TU could be related.

> its likely that the laser on the console is on it’s last legs

This.

I don’t see how many people playing the same game as you wouldn’t have any problems.

I mean my friend is having the same but his xbox has been doing it for around 1-2 months. But while ever he can still manage to make the game work he’ll not buy a new one. (All his games fail sometimes so he just keeps trying)

All I can say is get the laser checked out, make sure the disc has no scratches or laser burns and if all else fails… keep taking the disc out and putting it in until it works.

Hi guys thanks for your comments.

I bought the 360 slim so I have quite a new Xbox
(My xbox)

As you can see in the clip, my Xbox has no problems launching Halo until the TU is downloaded. After I deleted the TU Halo launches again.
My Xbox never had any trouble launching what game whatsoever.
So it’s very unlikely that is it the laser.

The trouble started with one of the last TUs for Halo Reach and a TU for my AC Brotherhood game. I thought both discs were broken, so I never played Reach again.

As for AC, I tried installing the game, I borrowed a friends disc but without any luck. It kept giving my the ‘disc unreadable’
Then I deleted the last (probably title) update and now I can play AC Brotherhood again.

I has to do with those TUs, but I really don’t what is wrong with my Xbox.

And to makes things even better my Xbox now tells me ‘This games requires an update, but the update couldn’t be found’ -___-’

Maybe you should stop shaking your Xbox…

Sounds more like its defective, or you have network problems.

Have you tried to clear your cache? if not try and after doing so install the update again and try.

If you don’t know how to clear your cache Click Here

I just cleared the cache, but it is still giving me ‘This game requires update blabla’

> I just cleared the cache, but it is still giving me ‘This game requires update blabla’

Yes after you cleared the cache download the update, or is it that you get that even with the update already downloaded?

I’ve cleared the cache, restarted my xbox, launched Halo but it still gives me ‘This game requires an update, but the update couldn’t be found’

> I’ve cleared the cache, restarted my xbox, launched Halo but it still gives me ‘This game requires an update, but the update couldn’t be found’

I just found something that might interest you Click Here

I really really suggest you to try Solution 5-Click Here if that still won’t work try the others

So to keep you all up to date
I tried to play Halo 4 without my HD and that worked
So I once again deleted the (latest0 TU and guess what… I can play Halo again!

I guess the problem is in my HD, I transferred the content from my old HD to my new HD (paying €30,- for a cable you only use once, thanks Microsoft!) and maybe that is causing the trouble. I really don’t know.

Anyway, thank you all for helping

> Hi guys thanks for your comments.
>
> I bought the 360 slim so I have quite a new Xbox
> (My xbox)
>
> As you can see in the clip, my Xbox has no problems launching Halo until the TU is downloaded. After I deleted the TU Halo launches again.
> My Xbox never had any trouble launching what game whatsoever.
> So it’s very unlikely that is it the laser.
>
> The trouble started with one of the last TUs for Halo Reach and a TU for my AC Brotherhood game. I thought both discs were broken, so I never played Reach again.
>
> As for AC, I tried installing the game, I borrowed a friends disc but without any luck. It kept giving my the ‘disc unreadable’
> Then I deleted the last (probably title) update and now I can play AC Brotherhood again.
>
> I has to do with those TUs, but I really don’t what is wrong with my Xbox.

I almost guarantee that your xbox is defective, I have never heard of an xbox not reading a disc because of a TU. Maybe calling Xbox Support will help your case, they were suprisingly helpful last time I called them.

Smily if you think your Hard Drive is the problem which is possible there is a test you can do which is:

Remove your Hard Drive
If the game starts with the hard drive removed, then power off the console, remove the hard drive, reinsert the hard drive and after try the game again.
Img-Click Here
If it doesn’t work only with the hard drive attached, then your hard drive will need to be replaced.

Also some other useful tips here:Click Here

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

i had the same problem a few days ago. a friend of mine had the same problem i just found out today when i deleted a demo of my hdd and after i ejected the game it started like nothing ever happend. try deleting making sure you have atleast 2 gig of free space. it worked for me! and now im going to enjoy halo 4 again. its an old post i know the 6 step link a someone posted here helped me out. thanks BIGFRESHDAWG

>

A year old man… a YEAR old!
Check the date of the last post BEFORE you write anything!

Even if you did see the date, that isn’t allowed here.