Title Update Instant Respawn

So in the TU changelog, I saw:

“Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.”

Any clue how to actually do this? I don’t see anything new in the game options that would let you disable instant respawn.

When you go to change the game settings there is a category called respawn, it is near the bottom. Click that and it will have the option to set the respawn timer.

I think it might be a matchmaking gametype setting. Similar to the Super Shields setting from Reach. You couldn’t actually enable it from the custom games options itself unless it was a matchmade gametype with the super shields setting enabled. So maybe try going into a matchmaking game on Team Throwdown or something and it might have the option there, with Halo 4 being based of the Reach engine and all it’s not totally out of the question.

> I think it might be a matchmaking gametype setting. Similar to the Super Shields setting from Reach. You couldn’t actually enable it from the custom games options itself unless it was a matchmade gametype with the super shields setting enabled. So maybe try going into a matchmaking game on Team Throwdown or something and it might have the option there, with Halo 4 being based of the Reach engine and all it’s not totally out of the question.

But that’s how it already was. Slayer Pro had instant spawn removed from the beginning of the game (and modders were able to copy this and use it on other gametypes). This made it sound like they made it a tangible option this time (hence the “fixed an issue that did not allow players to do it” part).

My only other idea is that they weren’t talking about player spawns, but were instead talking about object timers while forging.

> When you go to change the game settings there is a category called respawn, it is near the bottom. Click that and it will have the option to set the respawn timer.

It does not go below 3, or have an option to turn off instant spawn.