Title update 6th December 2012

just started up halo 4 today and i am wondering what this update includes can i have details on all changes please?

Off the top of my head:
-Final killcam works in matchmaking now.
-Last Strike medal is attainable in matchmaking.
-Fixed a glitch in the matchmaking menu where if you backed out, it would have the next playlist down highlighted.

Really uneventful when Reach’s patch was 15 times smaller.

> Off the top of my head:
> -Final killcam works in matchmaking now.
> -Last Strike medal is attainable in matchmaking.
> -Fixed a glitch in the matchmaking menu where if you backed out, it would have the next playlist down highlighted.
>
> <mark>Really uneventful when Reach’s patch was 15 times smaller.</mark>

Perhaps it is similar to Reach’s update in that all the changes haven’t been pushed through to MM just yet. This is my hope anyway. As you said it was a reasonably sized update. It had to do something.

DLC is no longer account locked.

http://ivgaming.co.uk/2012/12/06/halo-4-title-update-1-2/

That details the know changes at this time which are visible.

If you ask me, I’d say its only big to accomodate the next map pack.

I dunno, but people asking to Nerf the DMR sounds…stupid. The DMR isn’t a OP gun; The other ones suck.
And the Boltshot. Many say it is OP. I say, don’t play stupid.

So really, the only thing that this Title Update really needs to put in is a Ranked playlist. Which we’re still missing.

If it isn’t de-scoping when hit and a true BTB playlist, then i’ll continue to ignore Halo 4 for Assassins Creed 3.

Also, DLC is shared across all accounts on your Xbox. I logged onto a local gamertag I made for my friend, and he’s got the CIO Web, Scanner, and the Strider helmet unlocked now.

> > Off the top of my head:
> > -Final killcam works in matchmaking now.
> > -Last Strike medal is attainable in matchmaking.
> > -Fixed a glitch in the matchmaking menu where if you backed out, it would have the next playlist down highlighted.
> >
> > <mark>Really uneventful when Reach’s patch was 15 times smaller.</mark>
>
> Perhaps it is similar to Reach’s update in that all the changes haven’t been pushed through to MM just yet. This is my hope anyway. As you said it was a reasonably sized update. It had to do something.

One could only hope. I assume the bulletin today will shed some light on it.

> I dunno, but people asking to Nerf the DMR sounds…stupid. The DMR isn’t a OP gun; The other ones suck.
> And the Boltshot. Many say it is OP. I say, don’t play stupid.

Those weapons are unchanged after the patch.

> > Off the top of my head:
> > -Final killcam works in matchmaking now.
> > -Last Strike medal is attainable in matchmaking.
> > -Fixed a glitch in the matchmaking menu where if you backed out, it would have the next playlist down highlighted.
> >
> > <mark>Really uneventful when Reach’s patch was 15 times smaller.</mark>
>
> Perhaps it is similar to Reach’s update in that all the changes haven’t been pushed through to MM just yet. This is my hope anyway. As you said it was a reasonably sized update. It had to do something.

extraction not being in the playlists was really weird, I believe u4ixxx had a theory that the reason for extraction not being there was because a game breaking glitch was found before 343i could fix it, if this is the case then its safe to assume that some of the fixes are very conspicuous.

of course that whole deal around extraction could just be a conspiracy theory but its safe to assume some of the changes are simply unnoticed.

Ah, finally. No longer will I have to reset my 360 when I try and access Waypoint from in-game. :smiley:

I know it wasn’t a major issue, but it was an irritating one nonetheless. Moreso because my two brothers both have the game, yet I was the only one having this problem.

> If you ask me, I’d say its only big to accomodate the next map pack.
>
> I dunno, but people asking to Nerf the DMR sounds…stupid. The DMR isn’t a OP gun; The other ones suck.
> And the Boltshot. Many say it is OP. I say, don’t play stupid.
>
>
> So really, the only thing that this Title Update really needs to put in is a Ranked playlist. Which we’re still missing.

The reason why you say the DMR isn’t OP is because most of your kills are with the BR and DMR. If you would use more weapons that aren’t human then you would notice the difference in how OP the DMR really is. If the weapon had more bloom like it was in Reach then I think people won’t have a problem with it. But putting the Halo Reach Needle Rifle Bloom on the Halo 4 DMR was a bad idea. The DMR was already a powerful weapon in Halo Reach. Why would they make even more OP? Then what makes matters worse is that when you get shot with human weapons you get stun like someone shot you with the Halo Combat Evolved Plasma Rifle. But when you get shot with the alien weapons the player doesn’t want to slow down enough to notice it.

Why does Bungie or 343 keep making Human weapons so OP compare to the alien weapons? Like its always the little thing that most people don’t even say anything about like how long the animation is for bringing out your weapon or making so it only takes a couple shots with two or three weapons but then take a large amount of shots with others so then when you’re done killing them you have little ammo left. Stuff like that needs to change in the Halo Universe.

> > If you ask me, I’d say its only big to accomodate the next map pack.
> >
> > I dunno, but people asking to Nerf the DMR sounds…stupid. The DMR isn’t a OP gun; The other ones suck.
> > And the Boltshot. Many say it is OP. I say, don’t play stupid.
> >
> >
> > So really, the only thing that this Title Update really needs to put in is a Ranked playlist. Which we’re still missing.
>
> The reason why you say the DMR isn’t OP is because most of your kills are with the BR and DMR. If you would use more weapons that aren’t human then you would notice the difference in how OP the DMR really is. If the weapon had more bloom like it was in Reach then I think people won’t have a problem with it. But putting the Halo Reach Needle Rifle Bloom on the Halo 4 DMR was a bad idea. The DMR was already a powerful weapon in Halo Reach. Why would they make even more OP? Then what makes matters worse is that when you get shot with human weapons you get stun like someone shot you with the Halo Combat Evolved Plasma Rifle. But when you get shot with the alien weapons the player doesn’t want to slow down enough to notice it.
>
> Why does Bungie or 343 keep making Human weapons so OP compare to the alien weapons? Like its always the little thing that most people don’t even say anything about like how long the animation is for bringing out your weapon or making so it only takes a couple shots with two or three weapons but then take a large amount of shots with others so then when you’re done killing them you have little ammo left. Stuff like that needs to change in the Halo Universe.

I do just fine whenever I use the Storm Rifle or Suppressor. The DMR isn’t overpowered, it is just the most versatile. Other weapons beat it in certain scenarios, but not in every scenario.

DMR isn’t OP, sounds like people are just bad at the game.

I honestly find the BR to be much more of a scrub weapon than the DMR, but only because once someone’s shields are down you have essentially 3 chances per shot to hit their head - it’s easier to headshot someone who’s trying to juke you with the BR than the DMR.

Light Rifle owns both of them at long range anyway as it’s a 4-shot kill while scoped.

No, my gripe is still with the AR. Oh how I miss the days when you could drop 4 people on a single magazine back in CE if your aim was solid. The current AR struggles to kill even 1 person in CQB which is just unacceptable to me. I’ve been saying this ever since Halo 3, but they really do need to increase the damage on it as well as the bloom to make it a more deadly CQB and punish trigger-happy n00bs.

Otherwise what’s the point when even the DMR can easily beat out the AR in CQB? It shouldn’t be that close of a fight. And it’s not just the AR (though the AR is mah baby) it’s all the automatics - heck, I’ve had people (somehow, I suspect lag) drop me in close~mid range with a BR while hammering them with the saw - that just shouldn’t happen, not 1 on 1 and without any previous damage/grenades hitting u etc.

Yeah I get that Halo’s “supposed” to be about balancing guns, melee & grenades, but melee has never been more gimp since they introduced the stupid slowdown mechanic while sprinting. It can get to be so bad that you actually move SLOWER than if you weren’t sprinting at all. Makes the Sword & Hammer almost pointless, even if you catch someone as they come around the corner since they can just boltshot you before you even hit them.

In the weekly bulletin, it clearly states, that there is another larger update in the works.

> DMR isn’t OP, sounds like people are just bad at the game.
>
> I honestly find the BR to be much more of a scrub weapon than the DMR, but only because once someone’s shields are down you have essentially 3 chances per shot to hit their head - it’s easier to headshot someone who’s trying to juke you with the BR than the DMR.
>
> Light Rifle owns both of them at long range anyway as it’s a 4-shot kill while scoped.
>
> No, my gripe is still with the AR. Oh how I miss the days when you could drop 4 people on a single magazine back in CE if your aim was solid. The current AR struggles to kill even 1 person in CQB which is just unacceptable to me. I’ve been saying this ever since Halo 3, but they really do need to increase the damage on it as well as the bloom to make it a more deadly CQB and punish trigger-happy n00bs.
>
> Otherwise what’s the point when even the DMR can easily beat out the AR in CQB? It shouldn’t be that close of a fight. And it’s not just the AR (though the AR is mah baby) it’s all the automatics - heck, I’ve had people (somehow, I suspect lag) drop me in close~mid range with a BR while hammering them with the saw - that just shouldn’t happen, not 1 on 1 and without any previous damage/grenades hitting u etc.
>
> Yeah I get that Halo’s “supposed” to be about balancing guns, melee & grenades, but melee has never been more gimp since they introduced the stupid slowdown mechanic while sprinting. <mark>It can get to be so bad that you actually move SLOWER than if you weren’t sprinting at all. Makes the Sword & Hammer almost pointless</mark>, even if you catch someone as they come around the corner since they can just boltshot you before you even hit them.

You’re wrong on that. Stopping power does not affect sprinters with the Sword or Hammer.