TITLE UPDATE!!11

Couldn`t 343i just cut all existing multiplayer maps in small pieces like bungie
did with blood gulch,lockout , …for forge world and let us forge on the blank
canvas the original maps were built on with them.

This could be realised in a future TU or at least in Halo 4. What do you think about it?

plz reply!!!

Maps that have already been released in Reach cannot be updated. New objects, weapons, vehicles, etc. can be added to future DLC, but such things cannot be added to the on-disc maps or to existing DLC.

i think that almost everyone who reads the forums knows that.but with the tu they could replace the maps.or at least one or 2 so the tu doesnt get too big.

Why would they waste time making huge alterations to a game that has already been released for several months when they should really be focusing on Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 4? It doesn’t make sense from a financial standpoint. Which is why you won’t see it happen. I don’t mean to burst anyone’s bubble, but the TU isn’t going to be some mind blowing huge alteration to the game. It will likely change some very small parts of the game and include more game options (like fall damage) for when Halo CE Anniversary lands in November. I wouldn’t expect much else.

That being said, I think it’s fairly obvious that forgeworld does cause a decent strain on the system, which is why so many forgers have to worry about frame rate. So I would expect the next game to take this into consideration and either make the individual maps like the OP suggested (probably the best idea, to vary color pallets ect) or they can cut back on the detail of forge objects to reduce potential frame rate problems.