Title screen v1.2

The next update be…

Allow a fixed button on the title screen that should allow you to toggle the text on or off.

And for gods sake add theatre!

Just my opinion.

I don’t understand your first suggestion, and they won’t add theatre because they can’t.

> I don’t understand your first suggestion, and they won’t add theatre because they can’t.

This, to be a little more specific why they can’t add theater is because they are using the original code form Halo: CE (sure they’ve changed a few thins (HUD slightly, added a graphic overlay (that’s what it’s called right?)) But adding theater would be like trying to add Microsoft Word to the first digital computer. It wasn’t built for it, and upgrading the computer so it can use Word would be more than a hassle to do.

Ω

> > I don’t understand your first suggestion, and they won’t add theatre because they can’t.
>
> This, to be a little more specific why they can’t add theater is because they are using the original code form Halo: CE (sure they’ve changed a few thins (HUD slightly, added a graphic overlay (that’s what it’s called right?)) But adding theater would be like trying to add Microsoft Word to the first digital computer. It wasn’t built for it, and upgrading the computer so it can use Word would be more than a hassle to do.
>
> Ω

Correct.

The game runs on the old CE engine. That engine is outdated, 10 years old to be exact, built for the original xbox. It wouldn’t support theater without 343i really screwing with it, which is what they didn’t want to do. They wanted to change the CE engine as little as possible, and they did a good job.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t any updates to CEA, maybe one for Co-Op Lag, but most likely not. Halo 4 is the big focus now. And CEA already did what it was supposed to do. Please the Halo fans who have been there at the beginning with a beautifully remastered version of the game that started Halo, while giving newer fans the opportunity to live the classic Halo experience without buying the old Xbox or spending Microsoft Points on the 360.

I asked that question at Halo fest and they couldn’t and wouldn’t add theater to halo 1! Get a capture card if you want to record your game play with CEA. They wanted to keep CEA a true classic and halo 1 was known for its Campaign! I do agree though, a theater mode would have been totally worth it.