Tissues for your Warzone Issues

Guys, we have some serious problems related to warzone and they are getting OUT OF HAND.

Ok, seriously, it wasn’t an issue before but with Achilles, the amount of people complaining on waypoint is just going through the roof. People used to only mildly complain. Maybe once a week, but now it’s like every three hours you see a new topic about warzone farming. It needs to STOP! Like, these people are just camping the forums, posting about warzone farming as soon as the last warzone topic dies down. It’s ruining the experience of waypoint, and as an individual it’s ruining the experience for me. The forums are the only reason I get on waypoint, I don’t even really like checking my service record, and the news section is just terrible shorter than it should be. Now the forums are just no fun though! 343 needs to do something about this, or they’re going to start losing dedicated waypoint users.

Tell it to the farmers. They cut their crap, complainers will move on to a different gripe.

> 2533274958766554;1:
> Guys, we have some serious problems related to warzone and they are getting OUT OF HAND.
>
> Ok, seriously, it wasn’t an issue before but with Achilles, the amount of people complaining on waypoint is just going through the roof. People used to only mildly complain. Maybe once a week, but now it’s like every three hours you see a new topic about warzone farming. It needs to STOP! Like, these people are just camping the forums, posting about warzone farming as soon as the last warzone topic dies down. It’s ruining the experience of waypoint, and as an individual it’s ruining the experience for me. The forums are the only reason I get on waypoint, I don’t even really like checking my service record, and the news section is just terrible shorter than it should be. Now the forums are just no fun though! 343 needs to do something about this, or they’re going to start losing dedicated waypoint users. non

Ruining? That assumes waypoint was ever good…and if it’s upsetting that many people who come here, imagine how many non-waypoint users it’s upsetting…people that will eventually put this game down and walk away

waypoint forums are sadly cancerous and always have been

This game isn’t “jump-in fun” and some of the community hasn’t gotten that through their head yet, so they whine about how their fun was killed. This game is a very competitive arena shooter with a large skill gap. I love it.

> 2533274847916490;5:
> This game isn’t “jump-in fun” and some of the community hasn’t gotten that through their head yet, so they whine about how their fun was killed. This game is a very competitive arena shooter with a large skill gap. I love it.

While I do love the highly competitive aspect, Halo has always had a strong mix of casual players too. And those types of players don’t mix well. There has always been a good mix of playlist that cater to both types of gamers, yet H5 focuses on nothing more than MLG Pro :confused:

> 2533274826090763;4:
> waypoint forums are sadly cancerous and always have been

Agreed, I only come here honestly for a good laugh, MAYBE add my opinion and leave, I have games to play, not people to baby sit…

> 2533274807399716;7:
> > 2533274826090763;4:
> > waypoint forums are sadly cancerous and always have been
>
>
> Agreed, I only come here honestly for a good laugh, MAYBE add my opinion and leave, I have games to play, not people to baby sit…

You say thaaaaat, but you’re ODST - IRON sooo obvs you’re inputting your opinion a gooood bit

> 2533274958766554;8:
> > 2533274807399716;7:
> > > 2533274826090763;4:
> > > waypoint forums are sadly cancerous and always have been
> >
> >
> > Agreed, I only come here honestly for a good laugh, MAYBE add my opinion and leave, I have games to play, not people to baby sit…
>
>
> You say thaaaaat, but you’re ODST - IRON sooo obvs you’re inputting your opinion a gooood bit

True, I still like talking with people too, but this site is toxic

> 2533274807399716;9:
> > 2533274958766554;8:
> > > 2533274807399716;7:
> > > > 2533274826090763;4:
> > > > waypoint forums are sadly cancerous and always have been
> > >
> > >
> > > Agreed, I only come here honestly for a good laugh, MAYBE add my opinion and leave, I have games to play, not people to baby sit…
> >
> >
> > You say thaaaaat, but you’re ODST - IRON sooo obvs you’re inputting your opinion a gooood bit
>
>
> True, I still like talking with people too, but this site is toxic

I think it is, to an extent. I’ve found that switching to other forums is sometimes refreshing. The Lore, and older Halo forums are usually filled with pleasant people. The H5 forums seem to be as toxic as they come though.

> 2533274958766554;6:
> > 2533274847916490;5:
> > This game isn’t “jump-in fun” and some of the community hasn’t gotten that through their head yet, so they whine about how their fun was killed. This game is a very competitive arena shooter with a large skill gap. I love it.
>
>
> While I do love the highly competitive aspect, Halo has always had a strong mix of casual players too. And those types of players don’t mix well. There has always been a good mix of playlist that cater to both types of gamers, yet H5 focuses on nothing more than MLG Pro :confused:

Disagree, 343 does implement features for both parties. BTB, WZ, 343 Favorites, Weekend Playlist, 4 Player Campaign + wacky achievements are all implemented with casuals in mind. The problem I see with casual players is that they make bad decsions time and time again until finally they end up here. It should be common sense to all that the BR is the most effective loadout weapon, yet players make threads asking to make another weapon wayyy overpowered to beat a BR. They post and ignore their obvious solution: Change their own playstyle. Getting back to your original post on why the forum is ugly: Upset players need to point the blame at themselves before asking for serious debates on the forums.

> 2533274847916490;11:
> > 2533274958766554;6:
> > > 2533274847916490;5:
> > > This game isn’t “jump-in fun” and some of the community hasn’t gotten that through their head yet, so they whine about how their fun was killed. This game is a very competitive arena shooter with a large skill gap. I love it.
> >
> >
> > While I do love the highly competitive aspect, Halo has always had a strong mix of casual players too. And those types of players don’t mix well. There has always been a good mix of playlist that cater to both types of gamers, yet H5 focuses on nothing more than MLG Pro :confused:
>
>
> Disagree, 343 does implement features for both parties. BTB, WZ, 343 Favorites, Weekend Playlist, 4 Player Campaign + wacky achievements are all implemented with casuals in mind. The problem I see with casual players is that they make bad decsions time and time again until finally they end up here. It should be common sense to all that the BR is the most effective loadout weapon, yet players make threads asking to make another weapon wayyy overpowered to beat a BR. They post and ignore their obvious solution: Change their own playstyle. Getting back to your original post on why the forum is ugly: Upset players need to point the blame at themselves before asking for serious debates on the forums.

I think you misunderstand what I mean by casual gamer.

BTB is not meant for casual players. While it’s not super competitive, I still don’t consider it casual. If you look at some of the top ranked players, they commonly have impressive BTB spreads.

Warzone is certainly not casual. Lately it has become such a team focused game that many people are having issues playing as an individual and enjoying themselves. Evidence of this is all over the forums.

Weekend playlist are just spin offs other competitive gametypes. Doubles, 5v5, Community breakout. These are all skill based.

4 player campaign? Can you even include this? I know zero “casual” gamers that would ever hit me up and say “Hey, lets go play some co-op and earn wacky achievements”

What you describe “casual” gamers as, is what I would consider “unskilled” gamers.
Casual gamers want game types like Infection. You can be strategic, but the objective is not solely to slay (or be good at slaying so you can achieve objectives)
Casual gamers want Rocket Race, VIP, Multi-team, Oddball, Ricochet, I mean Mongoose Race was a playlist at one point in H4…
These are game types that don’t require much focus. These are games that you can relax and play. Currently, there is nothing i can just sit back, relax, have a beer, and enjoy. I don’t even drink when I play anymore because any loss in focus takes a big hit on performance.

You have to give players a reason to not farm. You can’t blame it on the farmers as they are allowed to do what they want.
Really 343 should give req bonuses for quicker wins, or something of the like in order to stop teams extending the game just for kills and commendations.

Complaining about complaining is a complaint. Don’t be that guy.