Tired of Promethean enemies?

Just wondering if anyone else is tired of Prometheans being the enemy…they just are not fun to fight against or are not as fun to fight against as the covenant were. How would you change our enemies or who would you change them into if you could?

I suppose, but I think even at this point the Covenant themselves are getting a bit dull to fight.

I’ve been saying since H4 that I don’t like fighting the Prometheans and I hope they either go away or play a much lesser role in the next game. My guess is that we’ll be fighting the Brutes in Infinite, but I wouldn’t mind fighting a completely new enemy.

I think the issue with Prometheans is that, besides Crawlers they’re plain-old bullet sponges (and flying bicycles that revive them and toss grenades back at you.)

One of the important traits of Halo enemies is that, although they can be really tough, there are ways to take them down easily if you know how. The classic example is Elite + squad of grunts. The Elite has shields, but plasma weapons can strip those shields in a snap, then you can finish off the Elite with an easy headshot. With their leader down, the grunts scatter, making them easy to pick off as well. There are other examples of this, like using the Plasma Rifle to stun Hunters in Halo 2.

Prometheans, on the other hand, don’t seem to have a mechanic like this. There’s no way to make fighting them quick and easy with accessible weapons (things that aren’t rocket launchers.) And I don’t think adding glowing weak spots on the knights’ shoulders is the right answer. What if they were weak to their own weapons, like how plasma shorts out Covenant tech? What if Crawlers split up when you kill their Knight? Or what if killing Watchers sends out a pulse that temporarily stuns other Prometheans? There are lots of possibilities to make Prometheans interesting to fight. Generally, they need to react to us attacking them, rather than just standing there and shooting until someone goes down.

Prometheans have been the most boring and annoying enemies found in a halo game. I’d like to see some awesome looking old school art style elites, and some hunters. I really like me some hunters!

I don’t like fighting the soldiers because they are just generic robots.

The crawlers should play a more tactical role instead of running directly at you in a straight line. They should be holding strategic positions, and use their mobility to constantly flank opponents.

The knights and watchers are fine imo

The problem with the prometheans and now is slowly effecting the covenant is the fact that enemies are lacking variety. Remember in Halo CE when you saw that first gold elite with the energy sword. That experience stays with you because he felt different from the other elites mechanically and physically. There is a reason why Brute chieftains were the last or first brute you would kill and that’s because they were a priority. In halo 4 and 5 the covenant and prometheans designs just blend together and you can barely tell the difference between the lowest rank and the highest rank. To fix this problem make the prometheans look different and function differently. Giving them different weapons isn’t enough because the encounter can be handled the same way. Have some that charge you like gold elites and brute chieftains. Have some that use jump jets. And make them all look interesting. Maybe have the highest ranking crawler super fast and dig through the ground. Have the watchers push you around like 343 guilty spark at the end of halo 3. Bring back the enforcers they were anti vehicle units that had shields which made them interest because you didn’t want to get close to them but they were weak in the back which gave them a risk/reward factor. You could do so much with them but they all need to feel and look different

I’d be happy to see the return of the Prometheans if they are redesigned. They’re are two main changes 343i needs to make to the Prometheans if they are ever to return:

• Redesign their appearance to resemble the Sentinels of Halos CE, 2, 3, and Halo Wars 1 rather than those of Halo 4, Halo Wars 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary.
    They need to be modelled after the classic Forerunner design. The current Prometheans fit very awkwardly into Halo. They’d be better suited to the Metroid Prime series if anything. - Create more variety. There needs to be more variation within the four Promethean types (Crawlers, Soldiers, Knights and Watchers). Each Crawler type, for example, could be a different colour, with varying AI that support each other. As a group they could be very deadly, but as soon as you dispatch one or two types of Crawlers their system falls apart because they are relying on each of their own unique abilities to support the group. Each variation should be easily identifiable based on colouring and shape, so you know how to approach/react appropriately. Currently, I can’t tell one Crawler apart from another. They all look the same to me in the heat of the battle. - This level of variation of the Crawlers in my example should apply to each Promethean type, but with the characteristics based on the type. The Crawler suggestion I described works because they attack in groups. Do something different for the Soldiers or Knights.

I like the prometheans as an enemy but they need tweaks/more variation/personalities to be as fun as the covenant.

bring back the flood. there´s no evidence that i require to make a statement

They all look to similar to each other color wise, orange and steel/whiteish. I know they have slightly different designs but it takes time to tell what it is without significant color difference. I’d wait until they fired their weapon to see what kind they were instead of looking at their design. The old color scheme for grunts and elites is simple and better.
You end up shooting hundreds of silver orange enemies that evaporate or break upon death, it gets repetitive and not that rewarding since they aren’t that unique, as a visual or as a challenge. I remember being happy taking out Incineration Cannon Knights but I dunno.
It’s not as rewarding as getting past that Gold Elite with an Energy Sword, or that Elite with Fuel Rod Grunt squad, or that “elite” Jackal Sniper.

Im tired of prometheans alltogether and i would really like to exhange them to the flood as a threatening faction.

> 2533274890014309;12:
> exhange them to the flood as a threatening faction.

I agree, the prometheans are threatening, they need to come up with smart a.i. Fight them in halo5 is a chore

> 2533274921115718;10:
> bring back the flood. there´s no evidence that i require to make a statement

Not a fan of the prometheans but if the flood return, then I’m all for prometheans staying. I wanna see the battles between Flood and Prometheans.

At least with the covenant each one of the different classes such as a grunt what have different personalities. Elites would be the headstrong killers that we’re ready to do anything to kill a spartan, the hunters were the tanks that you had to try to avoid and the grunts were the ones who would die to one hit

<mark>Do not post discriminatory comments.</mark>

I hate their AI. Its just so bad. Bullet sponges with extra damage but borderline mentally disabled. It’s like fighting a bunch of Hodors.

> 2533274907586463;14:
> > 2533274921115718;10:
> > bring back the flood. there´s no evidence that i require to make a statement
>
> Not a fan of the prometheans but if the flood return, then I’m all for prometheans staying. I wanna see the battles between Flood and Prometheans.

I think it would be a shame if we never get to see the Prometheans versus the Flood. It doesn’t have to happen in Infinite, but seeing as the Prometheans were designed specifically to battle the Flood I’d like them to appear in the same game at least once. Of course, the Prometheans still need to undergo the changes I previously mentioned.

> 2535415876049274;17:
> > 2533274907586463;14:
> > > 2533274921115718;10:
> > > bring back the flood. there´s no evidence that i require to make a statement
> >
> > Not a fan of the prometheans but if the flood return, then I’m all for prometheans staying. I wanna see the battles between Flood and Prometheans.
>
> I think it would be a shame if we never get to see the Prometheans versus the Flood. It doesn’t have to happen in Infinite, but seeing as the Prometheans were designed specifically to battle the Flood I’d like them to appear in the same game at least once. Of course, the Prometheans still need to undergo the changes I previously mentioned.

Likewise. This NEEDS to happen at some point…