Tired Of Being Spoon-Fed Maps

I’m tired of only getting 3 maps per pack. It’s one of the main reasons I stopped playing the old DLC playlist. Personally it would be nice to get them in sets of 4 or more preferably 5.

I am aware of the marketing issues with this but I just get bored with the maps fast.

Either that or I think after a week of having them in their own playlist they need to make some playlists require the new DLC in order to play them.

The maps are integrated into other playlists already. Halo has always distributed maps in packs of 3. The reason why you don’t see them very often is that the only appear in matchmaking if everyone owns them.

> Either that or I think after a week of having them in their own playlist they need to make some playlists require the new DLC in order to play them.

Meh… That’s a good way to limit a playlist’s population and really create quite a bit of rage from people who don’t buy map packs (it’s just not worth it in my opinion!).

So please, don’t try this idea.

> The maps are integrated into other playlists already. Halo has always distributed maps in packs of 3. The reason why you don’t see them very often is that the only appear in matchmaking if everyone owns them.

I never said I don’t see them often, I said I get bored of them fast when I’m playing the same 3 maps over and over. Especially if I like the playlist in particular.

> > Either that or I think after a week of having them in their own playlist they need to make some playlists require the new DLC in order to play them.
>
> Meh… That’s a good way to limit a playlist’s population and really create quite abut of rage from people who don’t buy map packs (it’s just not worth it in my opinion!).
>
> So please, don’t try this idea.

Worked quite well in Halo 3. Especially when the map packs went on sale often.

If it HAS to be three MEASLY maps a set, it should be SMALL- MEDIUM- BIG- For instance, the fact that this latest map pack is all small 4v4 play has my clan in FULL SHUTDOWn until MAYBE the april pack brings back 6v6 or (OMG) 8v8 Objective play. We’ve been on pause since launch, waiting for Halo to be back. Dedicating a whole DLC to one fanbase seems limited, both from a fan persepective as well as REVENUE.

DLC being focused on 4v4 = Snooze fest - Clan won’t buy

BUT

If there was a BTB - My 15 clan mates would purchase JUST to have the one BTB map (At this point it doesn’t matter, since 343 missed the point on Halo and gutted our gametype- but you know what I mean)

I think the real answer is that console gaming is dying. Look at what happened at Capcom- Userbase voted for MM Legends 3 - Denied; Cancelled - Marvel VS Capcom 3 - 90,000 Capcom Unity fans voted for 10 DLC character each side - DENIED - Game launched to poor sales with random corporate selections. NAMCO-Bandai- Ace Combat- At the height of franchise popularity; Game Engine gutted for QTE sequence dogfights- Game- ENDED PREMATURELY by SALES PEOPLE MAKING BAD DECISIONS. Capcom (Again) - Steel Battalion- Reduced to (LOL) make-believe KINECT gameplay from the most advance 40-button mech controller of all time. Pathetic. In short- a complete failure of all these games’ legacies. Common thread; Console game industry sales politics forcing premature death of series.

I hate to say it BUT- PC gamers have NEVER been let down on this scale. Always onwards and upwards not “What can we decline and get away with” like in console gaming.

Maybe it’s just time to move on.

Play a different playlist?

Nagging on a company to change their whole project structure because you got bored playing the DLC Mappack for a few hours… Go play a different playlist… then come back to it.

> > > Either that or I think after a week of having them in their own playlist they need to make some playlists require the new DLC in order to play them.
> >
> > Meh… That’s a good way to limit a playlist’s population and really create quite abut of rage from people who don’t buy map packs (it’s just not worth it in my opinion!).
> >
> > So please, don’t try this idea.
>
> Worked quite well in Halo 3. Especially when the map packs went on sale often.

Remember when Bungie provided maps for free in Halo 2 after a certain amount of time as certain playlists required the maps? That was great! The people who want them right away can pay for them (like me), and those who don’t have the funds or who just would rather wait, can wait to get them for free. This would solve the issue of population fracturing.

> > > > Either that or I think after a week of having them in their own playlist they need to make some playlists require the new DLC in order to play them.
> > >
> > > Meh… That’s a good way to limit a playlist’s population and really create quite abut of rage from people who don’t buy map packs (it’s just not worth it in my opinion!).
> > >
> > > So please, don’t try this idea.
> >
> > Worked quite well in Halo 3. Especially when the map packs went on sale often.
>
> Remember when Bungie provided maps for free in Halo 2 after a certain amount of time as certain playlists required the maps? That was great! The people who want them right away can pay for them (like me), and those who don’t have the funds or who just would rather wait, can wait to get them for free. This would solve the issue of population fracturing.

I agree with this. It doesn’t even bother me if people get these maps for free at a later date. At least more people will be playing.

To the guy who was complaining of there being no BTB maps… Shatter, Wreckage and Harvest came out and they are all BTB maps. Even Harvest is BTB size. There was a severe lack of small maps in Halo 4 so please don’t complain about Majestic when the majority of the community was waiting for something exactly like this!

> > > > > Either that or I think after a week of having them in their own playlist they need to make some playlists require the new DLC in order to play them.
> > > >
> > > > Meh… That’s a good way to limit a playlist’s population and really create quite abut of rage from people who don’t buy map packs (it’s just not worth it in my opinion!).
> > > >
> > > > So please, don’t try this idea.
> > >
> > > Worked quite well in Halo 3. Especially when the map packs went on sale often.
> >
> > Remember when Bungie provided maps for free in Halo 2 after a certain amount of time as certain playlists required the maps? That was great! The people who want them right away can pay for them (like me), and those who don’t have the funds or who just would rather wait, can wait to get them for free. This would solve the issue of population fracturing.
>
> I agree with this. It doesn’t even bother me if people get these maps for free at a later date. At least more people will be playing.
>
> To the guy who was complaining of there being no BTB maps… Shatter, Wreckage and Harvest came out and they are all BTB maps. Even Harvest is BTB size. There was a severe lack of small maps in Halo 4 so please don’t complain about Majestic when the majority of the community was waiting for something exactly like this!

I wouldn’t mind them being free after 6-8 months as long as 343i has a proper playlist setup that encourages people to buy them similar to Halo 3’s setup.

But most importantly, every map has to be good; scratch that, they have to be amazing. The only two DLC maps that I remember is the ridgeline and that other one with 3 bases and teleporters to the laser.

Crimson maps were bad, Majestic is a good step up from them! Just gotta keep the good maps coming.

One big problem with many of Halo’s DLC only playlists is that they only contianed DLC maps, meaning that you had to choose between never playing DLC or only playing DLC. Premium Slayer and Battle tried to fix this, but due to little incentive to buy the packs in Reach and some issues with Hemmorhage always showing up, they also became ghost towns.

They need to stop being cheap and release proper expansion packs with new weapons, vehicles (halo 4 lacks vehicles) armour, skins and maps. ALOT more people would actually buy them.

It’s been 3 in each Map Pack since Halo 3 (Halo 2 has the only exception, but even then, of the 4 Map Packs, 3 of them had only 2 maps in them).

The maps do show up in the other playlists (on Day1), which is one of the main reasons why the DLC playlist starts dying down (I only play the DLC playlist the whole day on Day1, and after that, I go to my favorite playlists, because the DLC will be there).

A Map Pack containing 4 or even 5 would be nice, but I’ll live with 3.

A Map Pack that has the Hornet on the map (and an option in Forge) would be awesome (the tease on Skyline…). And don’t tell me it isn’t possible, because Treyarch adds a new gun in every new Zombie map.

I do like the two Map Packs that have been released so far though (really liking Majestic more than Crimson). Finally something good, in-game content wise, came out of my LE.

And on the topic of DLC, I’d like a Skin Pack where my two favorite weapons, the Light Rifle and the Storm Rifle, get at least one Skin! (Light Rifle has one but I didn’t have $400 to spend at the time, and the Storm Rifle doesn’t even get a Skin!) Kinda annoying to see everyone else had a Skin for their favorite weapon, but I don’t have a Skin for either one of my two favorite weapons.

And the Retailer DLC would be nice sometime soon (I’m assuming Summer). It’s getting rather annoying that I’m seeing people with the Locus helmet on (my favorite helmet of all the Halo games), and I can’t have it because I either: Didn’t preorder from Australia (I live in the US; Sorry for wanting to play Halo 4 on Day1), or have an App and a 7/11 around your area (sorry for not buying the system to be able to have the App, and drive all the way to a 7/11).

> Either that or I think after a week of having them in their own playlist they need to make some playlists require the new DLC in order to play them.

Im all for this idea, i loved playing on halo 3 and knowing that i will be getting the maps in rotation because all dlc was required for the playlists i played.

I still don’t get why map packs can’t just be free. Why must we pay extra money for more content?

Is there a reason it took you 4 games to get sick of only getting 3 maps in a pack? They’ve been in 3s since Halo 2.

> I still don’t get why map packs can’t just be free. Why must we pay extra money for more content?

They spent money to make them? They’re a business? Nothing in life is free?

The amount of money it takes to pay somebody to make a map is pretty negligible compared to other costs. In fact halo forgers would LOVE to be able to create maps with such character, not the same old white or cream walled ones forge allows, and Im sure many of them would do it for free.

That said, I love the new maps and I dont mind paying a little for them as long as their good. Map diversity adds alot to the game, and really helps to keep things interesting.

> They spent money to make them? They’re a business? Nothing in life is free?

I dont think this is a good argument for why they cant give us more maps for free with the game. Everybody playing already spent atleast 60$ for the game. And what you get for 60$ is not too much map-wise, this game was way under diversified in maps to begin with.
Business’s that try to maximize profit in the short term will end up losing some of the potential dedicated long term fanbase.(Not saying this is 343) Giving good free maps to people would no doubt boost the people playing and would really enforce that there are people working who want us to have as much fun as possible playing their game.

Remember that 343i was not ready during the mandated release date set by Microsoft.

> Remember that 343i was not ready during the mandated release date set by Microsoft.

I am aware, it is painfully shown from the craptacular game we got after release.