tired of always playing as spartan

i know this sounds really stupid but i really did enjoy playing as sangheili or elite in halo 3 and reach. it was a change from the ordinary play as a human in almost every shooter game. it felt good to be something different in the game. are there any other people who feel the same way i do? post about below :)i also know it would not go with the current plot in halo 4 but it still would to me be a nice option. maybe in halo 5 in the arbiter comes to help again.

[deleted]

> i know this sounds really stupid but i really did enjoy playing as sangheili or elite in halo 3 and reach. it was a change from the ordinary play as a human in almost every shooter game. it felt good to be something different in the game. are there any other people who feel the same way i do? post about below :)i also know it would not go with the current plot in halo 4 but it still would to me be a nice option. maybe in halo 5 in the arbiter comes to help again.

Don’t play Halo 4 then lol. Play Halo 2, Halo 3 or Halo Reach or even Halo Wars.

I really do miss playing as an elite. Though i understand why they took it out. Playing as an elite in games like SWAT in Halo 3 was pretty unbalanced due to the in ability to headshot them when you were behind them.

Tired of playing as a Spartan?
Go into Forge mode and press up on the dpad!

i see what you did there^ lol you got me there XD

> i know this sounds really stupid but i really did enjoy playing as sangheili or elite in halo 3 and reach. it was a change from the ordinary play as a human in almost every shooter game. it felt good to be something different in the game. are there any other people who feel the same way i do? post about below :)i also know it would not go with the current plot in halo 4 but it still would to me be a nice option. maybe in halo 5 in the arbiter comes to help again.

the option of playing as elites were killed in favor of canon, sadly. -_-

that kinda sucks i really liked the prospective it added and the experience it provided

I would love to agree with the OP, I enjoyed playing as an elite in H2 and H3…However I love the armor options given to us for Reach and H4 especially since “our” Spartan is a main/side character in the games.

I think that they had to do it, now they adjusted the Elite’s height. S4’s are just normal height, but Elites are 8’. They’d be too easy a target.

I would like to see a DLC that features the Arbiter-led Separatists Forces against the Storm Covenant. Now, I don’t know if the Arbiter is still around in this period but I think it could at least fit the ‘canon’ viability. From there would could have an Elite version of Spartan Ops and maybe even a separate Elite Matchmaking playlist.

What I think would be a fun, though probably unreasonable, feature would be for a specialized Ordinance system for this theoretical DLC. Instead of simply choosing weapons to bring down you could choose a new weapon/unit.

For example, three choices could be a Fuel Rod (which would drop in like a normal Ordinance) or a choice of picking say…a hunter or a drone with a beam rifle (it’s flying capability possibly countering its lack of health). Since you would be picking a new species/race/whatever instead of a weapon you’d have to die/respawn after picking up the drop.

There could also be the potential for getting higher-ranked units like an Elite General/Zealot (which have more health/stronger shields)for one life as well.

The playlist could also feature only Covenant weapons and Elite Matchmaking specific loadouts per game.

I dunno if any of that would be feasible to put into the game but if we are going to state wishes and what have you I figured I might as well put my two-cents forth.

…I miss Invasion.

> I would like to see a DLC that features the Arbiter-led Separatists Forces against the Storm Covenant. Now, I don’t know if the Arbiter is still around in this period but I think it could at least fit the ‘canon’ viability. From there would could have an Elite version of Spartan Ops and maybe even a separate Elite Matchmaking playlist.
>
> What I think would be a fun, though probably unreasonable, feature would be for a specialized Ordinance system for this theoretical DLC. Instead of simply choosing weapons to bring down you could choose a new weapon/unit.
>
> For example, three choices could be a Fuel Rod (which would drop in like a normal Ordinance) or a choice of picking say…a hunter or a drone with a beam rifle (it’s flying capability possibly countering its lack of health). Since you would be picking a new species/race/whatever instead of a weapon you’d have to die/respawn after picking up the drop.
>
> There could also be the potential for getting higher-ranked units like an Elite General/Zealot (which have more health/stronger shields)for one life as well.
>
> The playlist could also feature only Covenant weapons and Elite Matchmaking specific loadouts per game.
>
>
>
> I dunno if any of that would be feasible to put into the game but if we are going to state wishes and what have you I figured I might as well put my two-cents forth.
>
> …I miss Invasion.

i love your first idea the others great in idea but would be hard to do in game

Yeah, tis best to keep it simple and make it rather than spend too much time on things that probably wouldn’t even work out.

But a simple Elite Matchmaking/Ops shouldn’t be that hard to do. I just wonder how they would do the armor sets in said hypothetical situation. Maybe instead or reaching level x or using specialization y they make it so you play/win z amount of games? Or introduce more commendations to unlock the armor?

Either way, just something would be nice.
But I am just being greedy when I already love the game as is.

Kind of like having a bag of Reeses then asking why there isn’t TWO bags of Reeses.