Tips to reduce/eliminate aiming/input lag for Xbox

The top two things that helped me:

1. Use a “High Speed” HDMI cable (I didn’t need this for any other game, but it made a huge difference for me with Infinite, and I’m excited to see how it impacts my other games.)

2. Turning the Deadzones down in the Controller Settings (of course). I set them all, along with Thresholds to 0, though I still play around with the Thresholds a bit. I deal with a bit of movement stick drift at 0 on the deadzones, but until I get a better TV, I will have to put up with it, I reckon.)

Other tips that can all make a noticable difference:

-Make sure to set your TV’s display option to “Game Mode”, and/or turn of any enhancement options in the Display Settings/Advanced Settings of your TV

-Make sure your Xbox Display Settings have the output resolution matched to your TV (720p, 1080p, 4k)

-Some TV’s/Monitors have a naturally high “response time”(the time it takes to display the signal from an input), so try to find one with a 1-5ms response time. The lower the response time, the better. It can be hard to find the response time for TV’s though, so researching gaming TV’s might be another required step.

One more tip that I don’t have personal experience with, but might help:

-I have seen some forum posts indicating that turning on or off the Xbox’s ALLM (Auto low-latency mode) in the Display > Advanced > Video Modes settings has helped people.

Hopefully if anyone else is out there experiencing aiming/input lag, this info can help.

2 Likes