Tips on improving my accuracy in halo 4

I’ve been playing halo since 2003. Across all halo games my k/d has been a constant 1.0 with it being 1.2 on halo 3.

My Halo 4 k/d is around .7, which didn’t phase me much at first because I felt I was just getting used to the game. But it’s been almost a month since the game came out but my k/d has not improved much with over 50 hours of game play, 35 hours being in War Games. I think I have fallen into some bad playing habits and relying on old styles of playing that aren’t serving me well in halo 4.

Does anyone have any tips that have helped improve your overall playing? I’m not looking to become a pro or anything I would just like to bring up my k/d to 1.0

I use bumper jumper on 3.

Loadouts:
Small to Medium Maps:
Primary Weapon: BR
Secondary Weapon: Magnum
Gernade: Frag
Armour Ability: Promethean Vision
Tactical Package: Mobility
Support Package: Dexterity

Large Maps:
Primary Weapon: DMR
Secondary Weapon: Magnum
Gernade: Frag
Armour Ability: Promethean Vision
Tactical Package: Mobility
Support Package: Dexterity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gkhQaFLbVA

But in all seriousness, raise that sensitivity.

Aim is the most important thing in these games. A good tip if you are struggling for accuracy is to aim for center mass. Ignore headshooting, until you aiming is up to par. Aiming for center mass means you have a larger area of effect, and with the flinch we now have on getting hit, many times you will infact get a headshot with the flinch kicking your aim higher than center mass.

Now learn to strafe, while shooting at center mass. The technique is as simple as both thumbs outwards on the pad, both thumbs inward on the pad.

Like this;
← →
→ ←

With practice you will notice that your aim is going exactly opposite your movement and will line up with your target while strafing.

best of luck.

I’m no pro by any means, but I’ve noticed that players are WAY more cautious in H4. Players tend to seek areas of cover, DMR from long distances, and just hide when threatened. Any running and gunning will surly get you spotted and if you’re spotted first, basically, you’re dead to rights. On smaller maps, there is a lot of creeping in hallways and shooting from above in doorways. No one seems to make the first move any more.

I’ve had to adjust my game to this style. It sucks but I just have to be more patient. I hover walls when making a run somewhere. I never try to be vulnerable at 360 degrees. Minimize my lines of sight. Pick 1 v 1 battles. Etc. This may be common sense but sometimes I get caught up in the play and make rash decisions. Good luck.

Thanks guys!

Every person is different, but my biggest suggestion is having “patience” and coordinating with your team. Some of the worst players (Not saying you) can become some of the best when they decide to communicate and call out targets. Having a coordinated team paints a picture for everyone, letting each other know exactly where the enemy/points of interest are.

Being patient does not automatically make you a camper, it’s being tactically aware/sufficient of any given situation. Know where your teammates are at all times. It is much easier taking on an enemy 2-1 than 1-1. Always have the odds in your favor, wither it be numbers, terrain domination, or strength/usefulness of said weapon. You will always have the edge and the majority of your encounters will be won if you can follow some of this. Feel free to play a few games with me.

You could raise your sensitivity to 5. Personally, I find the turning on default too slow, but again, that’s just me.

Your loadout primaries are what I use mostly (although, I have a FP loadout for BR+DMR). All I can suggest is to be more patient and calm. When I’m impatient with my shots, my accuracy gets sloppy. Maybe you could strafe too, so the opponent has to focus more.

Set sensibility to 10, and go play Team Swat until you get good.

It raises your skill since you’ll have to headshot to kill.

…whatever you do, PLEASE don’t be stupid enought to buy that “aim” sticker that you have to stick on your TV, it just looks stupid doing that lol.

I’ve played with sensitivity at 10, and it has helped in a lot of situations where I can turn and stick someone just before getting assassinated, but for me, 7 is best for scoring accurate shots, and still having a relatively quick response to snapping to a new target. I keep trying to get the same precision with 10, but it just doesn’t seem possible right now.

(Stop missing)
jk

Raise that sensitivity. Many a player, I imagine, is outmaneuvering you on look sensitivity alone.

Strafing alone is also not enough. You need to have a rhythm such that your own strafe pattern doesn’t throw off your aim.

Present the smallest target to your enemy - hide as much as yourself so long as you can still see him.

Don’t stay in any one cover spot after a kill. If you’re in an area of trees, get behind a new tree. Are you covering a doorway? Hug the opposite wall next.

Until you can handle 1v1, don’t look for 1v2 or large. Period. Always seek an exit from a firefight you’re bound to lose and find a new approach. I like to pressure enemy team spawns, but I will not always get a kill.

You can be a team mate and a lone wolf. You don’t have to be next to your team mates, but you can be calling out positions or firing from an offway position into a battle to change the odds. Anyone who complains about kill-thieves in team games doesn’t understand Halo yet and should be left alone.

> Set sensibility to 10, and go play Team Swat until you get good.
>
> It raises your skill since you’ll have to headshot to kill.
>
> …whatever you do, PLEASE don’t be stupid enought to buy that “aim” sticker that you have to stick on your TV, it just looks stupid doing that lol.

Do this (though perhaps in a playlist of your choice). Seriously. I started with the default three: too slow to turn but at least I can hit heads easily, so all’s good right? Nope. Getting destroyed by people turning faster, completely unable to deal with people jumping up in my face since I’ll be dead before the reticle moves upwards. Also it put me into a very bad habit of focusing too much on only the right stick so I’m trying to aim at heads so much I often mindlessly push up on the left stick like a doofus.

Tried five, seemed way to fast. Tried four, that was just a mix of not fast enough to turn, not slow enough to track heads, went back to three. Eventually I just had enough and cranked it up to ten, adapted and I’m having a much better time. It was a little rough at first but I started out by strafing more due to necessity and now I’ve gotten used to the speed my accuracy is just as good, if not better than it was at three.

Basically play the game like its a real life war, kind of like CoD. Seriously just play in a set-up. Never move out of position unless you have the advantage. Also the only AA’s you should use is PV and Active Camo. Never take any chances unless your with your team. Only use the DMR in long range fights.

I do just fine with a look sensitivity of 3. I used that sensitivy for like 50 hours or so in War Games, and I have 1.50 K/D in slayer alone. But I bumped it up to 5, yesterday. And I think I’ll just stick with 5 for now. Anyway, just takes alot of practice.

A good tip. Don’t always aim for the head, unless their shields are down or almost down.

And use the jetpack, trust me, just use it.

My suggestion is to keep your cool when in a fight. If you panic in a fight, you won’t be as accurate. Stay calm and keep your hands steady all through the game.

Keep calm in a battle, raise the sensitivity high and get used to it then lower it to something average, it helped me

> Every person is different, but my biggest suggestion is having “patience” and coordinating with your team. Some of the worst players (Not saying you) can become some of the best when they decide to communicate and call out targets. Having a coordinated team paints a picture for everyone, letting each other know exactly where the enemy/points of interest are.

I agree with this, but playing with randoms is no good; no one communicates unless in a party!

Now this is refreshing. Gamers helping gamers.

Don’t have much to add other than try to stay out of that distance with the BR/DMR/Light rifle where you don’t know whether to zoom in or not!

Thanks for all the advise guys! I’m going to be playing a lot tonight and trying to incorporate a lot of these tips into my playing if anyone would like to join me.

LAG puts all this tips to -Yoink-.