Tips on how to use the Hologram Effectively?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any tips onto how to use the hologram effectively? Its my my favourite armour ability, and i want to succeed with it. At the moment i use it when i am about to die XD which is a big mistake in my opinion but i dont know what else to ddi with it

So anytips would be appreciated!!!

P.S NO i am not changing AA if you say i fail it as becuase i want to master it and show my friends that the hologram doesnt suck.

Well, I haven’t played Halo 4 beyond discovering the lag, but I did manage to use it really effectively in Reach, even against more hardcore players.

^any tips would help, i am desperate

Use it around corners or even just make it show up on the radar so it looks like more than just you, so someone may not attack you outright if they think they are outnumbered.

Also don’t make it run straight at people it looks too obvious, make it behave like a person would, try and make it run for cover or towards a weapon or vehicle.

It’s pretty simple just try and make it behave as much like a player as possible.

> <mark>and show my friends that the hologram doesnt suck.</mark>

Well there is your problem. The hologram is not good and won’t deceive any good or average players. There are almost no tips for this armor ability because for the most part it is useless. You can try and trick people with it but most people can almost instantly tell when it is a hologram.

Defensively when you’re rounding a corner to recover you send it off forward while you duck and hide and make them chase it. Sometimes giving you an easy assassination.

  1. Before you encounter an enemy or team.

  2. Before crossing open spaces to draw out camo snipers or DMR users so you’re not caught out in the open on larger maps.

  3. When approaching corners e.g. anti boltshot or melee or assassination tactic.

  4. To draw vehicle fire so you can escape or board.

  5. When you see blue dots on your radar from a camo enemy, it will draw fire therefore exposing camo enemies.

  6. If you flee from a fight duck behind cover and stop moving or crouch stealth as you set off the hologram. This creates the effect that you just kept running and helps to “easily distract” your attacker so you can then get the drop back on them.

  7. Aim holograms at dead enemies so it will -Yoink!- them, this leads to drawing the fire of a second enemy as a distraction or so you can get the drop on them.

  8. Aim holograms at stationary vehicles driver side or weapon drops or objectives to flush out campers or draw fire so you get the drop.

  9. Crouch move so you are stealthy but fire off hologram in another direction so it will be seen further than 15 feet away from you e.g. cover your tracks.

Use it while they are shooting at you. I get hate messages all the time for that

^ words of wisdom lol

At Ozzy Onya A2Z i agree with you on all those points, the hologram in my opinion can be effective if used correctly Thanks for your well thought post.

> > <mark>and show my friends that the hologram doesnt suck.</mark>
>
> Well there is your problem. The hologram is not good and won’t deceive any good or average players. There are almost no tips for this armor ability because for the most part it is useless. You can try and trick people with it but most people can almost instantly tell when it is a hologram.

I played a few matches with some MLG guys a few months ago and they made me stop using Hologram because it was getting on their nerves.

I use Hologram 99% of the time, so I’ve had practice.

^ getting on there nerves, does that imply that youb were pa*ning them, and they begged you to stop

> ^ getting on there nerves, does that imply that youb were pa*ning them, and they begged you to stop

It was the first time that I’d ever played with MLGs, and I was consistently placing 1st-3rd.

What is “pa*ning”?

> > > <mark>and show my friends that the hologram doesnt suck.</mark>
> >
> > Well there is your problem. The hologram is not good and won’t deceive any good or average players. There are almost no tips for this armor ability because for the most part it is useless. You can try and trick people with it but most people can almost instantly tell when it is a hologram.
>
> I played a few matches with some MLG guys a few months ago and they made me stop using Hologram because it was getting on their nerves.
>
> I use Hologram 99% of the time, so I’ve had practice.

Haha! Removing something because they don’t like it? Sounds like MLG alright :slight_smile:

lol, anyway i am planning to play halo 4 on saturday with my friends, so hopefully i can show them whos boss with the hologram

This dude shows some good plays with hologram. I like how the vid shows that even distracting your opponent for 1/2 a second can make a kill so much easier. Of course, while hologram is fun for toying with scrubs, it will do little to deter a seasoned vet.

Use it to get the first shot on people. The best way to do that most of the time is to see someone you know you’re about to get into a fight with who has not seen you yet, stop for a second near a corner or some object, send your hologram out around it so that they see the hologram and only the hologram, and then attack them as they attack the hologram!

Another way to use it is during an actual fight. Just take cover where you’re out of their sight, send the hologram out before you’re going to shoot them, and as they look at it or shoot at it you attack landing the first shot while they’re confirming your hologram is a hologram.

Despite what people say, holograms were extremely useful in Reach and still are in 4. I think most people just don’t understand how to use them because I love using holograms and can almost always get the first shot in by forcing people to check if my hologram is a hologram or not.

The thing is, even if they know its a hologram, they still have to check by paying attention to it a split second or by shooting it once, because if they don’t confirm its a hologram it could be real and them ignoring it could cause them to get killed.

I use Misty the Hologram all the time especially when I play Objective games like CTF or Dominion. The misdirection is great for either invading or protecting a base without hiding or using power weapons. A one man army of two.

A good opponent will only be distracted for half a second so you must learn to make the most of that half second to be the most effective. A bad opponent will keep trying to assassinate the hologram while you sprint up behind them.

Flush out power weapons and campers. Make snipers and rocketeers waste their ammo. Leave hidden AR and BS users standing out in the open with their pants down.

Use the hologram to fool the enemy’s motion tracker. Some people back off when they see too many red dots. Your hologram gets a red dot so it can help out even if the enemy never actually sees it.

Save your team! If your team keeps running out into danger then send a hologram right next to them or preferably in front of them. Watch your team mates and try to mimic their moves with the hologram.

My hologram loadout uses resupply and explosives so I can turn my hologram into an exploding booby trap. Always take frag grenades with resupply because your dead enemies will bring you plenty of stickys.

All of the tips above are very helpful.

In addition, try and take advantage of the teabagging behaviour ( if you have time to tee it up). Just point it at an enemy corpse and let loose.

After the enemy catches on that you use a hologram shoot it at your feet and run straight like the hologram would, then turn around and get the jump on them.

Use your hologram to face-check corners for you. Send it up a grav lift to see if anyone is camping it (Abandon)

Send your hologram across an opening so that the enemy thinks they get the jump on you.

Always send your hologram when they enemy can’t see it spawn. There is a clear indicator on spawn which one is the hologram.

Using the hologram is about getting them to waste one or two shots and look the wrong way. If you get them to shoot your hologram you should be able to fin the fight. (Except against power weapons)

Use it BEFORE people see you.

-Yoink!- corpses with it as bait.