Tips on getting good with the sniper?

It’s odd. Halo 5’s sniper seems to be the easiest to use out of all the games since you don’t even have to hit people to get headshots and everyone seems to be MLG with it, yet I’ve never had such a tough time using the sniper. I was pretty good with the Reach and Halo 4 sniper and finally got pretty good with the Halo 3 sniper after a lot of practice, but I can’t pick up sniping in Halo 5, especially in 1 on 1 sniper fights. Maybe I don’t suck because it looks like a LOT of my shots aren’t registering (they look like perfect headshots), but in the event I do just suck with it, can anyone give me tips on how to get better with the Halo 5 sniper? I can tell applying my sniping skill from past Halos isn’t going to cut it, so any help would be much appreciated

I really don’t know what’s up with the Halo 5 Sniper. It seems so weird, one second I can hit a guy in the head while I shoot his throat, the next I should’ve shattered their visor in but somehow the shot doesn’t connect. For now I guess you just have to practice some, I like playing in the Holiday Social because you can practice in Team Snipers.

Tip 1: Aim for big toe- achieve headshot.
But really, something is wrong. When I shoot people in the head from long distances, I only take out their shields. I don’t know if bullet drop has all the sudden been added, maybe I need to aim a little higher to compensate.

git gud kidz

HAHA but seriously, first off is aiming corrected for you? I always recommend to my new recruits that they change their sensitivity to 10, change dead zones to (inner 0% and outer 15%). If thats done, or however you want, then I have one more piece of advice. Strafe. Keep the reticle at head height and strafe to get the kill.

I keep my sensitivity at 1.
MLG as -Yoink-.

> 2533274873772972;3:
> Tip 1: Aim for big toe- achieve headshot.
> But really, something is wrong. When I shoot people in the head from long distances, I only take out their shields. I don’t know if bullet drop has all the sudden been added, maybe I need to aim a little higher to compensate.

the hit boxes are more like H2A or Reach, top of the head works fine

Set up a custom game with no shields, infinate ammo, Damage resistance invunerable
Have friends run arround as target practice.
(Only headshots can kill)
Practice long range scope/no scope.
Than CQB without scope.
Big and small maps…
Couple hours here and there you’ll see change.

It’s alright, I’m here…

Set your sensitivity to 10, trust me.
I play on 10, always have…sniping has always been my thing.

Higher sensitivity is great for sniping. It allows for those quick whips and follows on scrub lords.

If you don’t have it already, get the Elite controller or stick extensions. I have massive hands and gripping the controller, let alone sniping, was always an issue for me. The Elite is quite a bit heavier, so it forces you to get a good grip and the longer sticks help manipulate the sticks for us longer fingered types.

May someone kindly lock this thread, please?

> 2533274959783086;6:
> > 2533274873772972;3:
> > Tip 1: Aim for big toe- achieve headshot.
> > But really, something is wrong. When I shoot people in the head from long distances, I only take out their shields. I don’t know if bullet drop has all the sudden been added, maybe I need to aim a little higher to compensate.
>
> the hit boxes are more like H2A or Reach, top of the head works fine

this, the hotboxes are shifted upwards, one is more likely 2 land a headshot if the hit the top of the head compared to just under or the sides. Its weird but the top seems to be where the magnetism kicks in. Of course I havent really tested it that much. There is prob a vid or diagram on h5 hotboxes somewhere

> 2533274840624875;11:
> > 2533274959783086;6:
> > > 2533274873772972;3:
> > > Tip 1: Aim for big toe- achieve headshot.
> > > But really, something is wrong. When I shoot people in the head from long distances, I only take out their shields. I don’t know if bullet drop has all the sudden been added, maybe I need to aim a little higher to compensate.
> >
> > the hit boxes are more like H2A or Reach, top of the head works fine
>
> this, the hotboxes are shifted upwards, one is more likely 2 land a headshot if the hit the top of the head compared to just under or the sides. Its weird but the top seems to be where the magnetism kicks in. Of course I havent really tested it that much. There is prob a vid or diagram on h5 hotboxes somewhere

woops didnt see the date, im just gonna report myself

> 2533274840624875;12:
> > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > 2533274959783086;6:
> > > > 2533274873772972;3:
> > > > Tip 1: Aim for big toe- achieve headshot.
> > > > But really, something is wrong. When I shoot people in the head from long distances, I only take out their shields. I don’t know if bullet drop has all the sudden been added, maybe I need to aim a little higher to compensate.
> > >
> > > the hit boxes are more like H2A or Reach, top of the head works fine
> >
> > this, the hotboxes are shifted upwards, one is more likely 2 land a headshot if the hit the top of the head compared to just under or the sides. Its weird but the top seems to be where the magnetism kicks in. Of course I havent really tested it that much. There is prob a vid or diagram on h5 hotboxes somewhere
>
> woops didnt see the date, im just gonna report myself

Why don’t you just report the guy who revived it? Also, inB4lock.