Tips for using Forge

Hey All,
I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.

1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.

2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power

3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.

4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.

5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.

6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.

7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.

8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.

9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.

10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.

Sup

accidentally hit enter before i filled out the entry lol

> 2535422802208233;3:
> accidentally hit enter before i filled out the entry lol

I liked what you had.

Didn’t I once see you say not to put the second point into rolling eco?

> 2533274796391115;5:
> Didn’t I once see you say not to put the second point into rolling eco?

i play tested it, total disaster, his economy is too weak without it.

> 2535422802208233;1:
> Hey All,
> I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
>
> 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
>
> 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
>
> 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
>
> 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
>
> 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
>
> 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
>
> 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
>
> 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
>
> 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
>
> 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.

Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.

> 2535422421305993;7:
> > 2535422802208233;1:
> > Hey All,
> > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> >
> > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> >
> > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> >
> > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> >
> > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> >
> > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> >
> > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> >
> > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> >
> > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> >
> > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> >
> > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
>
> Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.

No hes one of the harder leaders to kill because hes just as strong as the others but faster. My forgehog has been getting one star veterancy during my games now because im better at microing him. Im giving this advice because its allowed me to win 32 of my last 35 games and got me all the way up to 7th on the ladder. Clearly this works champion at high level.

> 2535422421305993;7:
> > 2535422802208233;1:
> > Hey All,
> > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> >
> > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> >
> > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> >
> > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> >
> > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> >
> > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> >
> > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> >
> > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> >
> > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> >
> > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> >
> > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
>
> Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.

I never suggested that vultures are your entire army, they should be the core, supported by units that will help combat the inevitable anti air units. Historically ive used cyclops but when fully upgraded the kodiak drop gives you level 3 kodiaks which do horrible things to reavers and wolverines. I am going to start using them as part of my anti ground force and seeing the results.

> 2535422802208233;8:
> > 2535422421305993;7:
> > > 2535422802208233;1:
> > > Hey All,
> > > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> > >
> > > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> > >
> > > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> > >
> > > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> > >
> > > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> > >
> > > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> > >
> > > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> > >
> > > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> > >
> > > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> > >
> > > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> > >
> > > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
> >
> > Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.
>
> No hes one of the harder leaders to kill because hes just as strong as the others but faster. My forgehog has been getting one star veterancy during my games now because im better at microing him. Im giving this advice because its allowed me to win 32 of my last 35 games and got me all the way up to 7th on the ladder. Clearly this works champion at high level.

Champion rank doesn’t make you high level what high level player did you beat with forge I’ll wait

> 2535422421305993;10:
> > 2535422802208233;8:
> > > 2535422421305993;7:
> > > > 2535422802208233;1:
> > > > Hey All,
> > > > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> > > >
> > > > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> > > >
> > > > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> > > >
> > > > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> > > >
> > > > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> > > >
> > > > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> > > >
> > > > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> > > >
> > > > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> > > >
> > > > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> > > >
> > > > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> > > >
> > > > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
> > >
> > > Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.
> >
> > No hes one of the harder leaders to kill because hes just as strong as the others but faster. My forgehog has been getting one star veterancy during my games now because im better at microing him. Im giving this advice because its allowed me to win 32 of my last 35 games and got me all the way up to 7th on the ladder. Clearly this works champion at high level.
>
> Champion rank doesn’t make you high level what high level player did you beat with forge I’ll wait

Your trying to tell me how to use Forge. Get as high as i am on the Ladder with Forge if you understand him so well, ill wait. I beat Berk aka Ship Let Volirwith Forge btw.

> 2535422802208233;1:
> Hey All,
> I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
>
> 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
>
> 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
>
> 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
>
> 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
>
> 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
>
> 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
>
> 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
>
> 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
>
> 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
>
> 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.

Thank you very much for these. As many games as I’ve played, You’d think I know some of this. lol

> 2535422802208233;11:
> > 2535422421305993;10:
> > > 2535422802208233;8:
> > > > 2535422421305993;7:
> > > > > 2535422802208233;1:
> > > > > Hey All,
> > > > > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> > > > >
> > > > > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> > > > >
> > > > > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> > > > >
> > > > > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> > > > >
> > > > > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> > > > >
> > > > > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> > > > >
> > > > > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> > > > >
> > > > > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> > > > >
> > > > > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> > > > >
> > > > > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> > > > >
> > > > > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
> > > >
> > > > Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.
> > >
> > > No hes one of the harder leaders to kill because hes just as strong as the others but faster. My forgehog has been getting one star veterancy during my games now because im better at microing him. Im giving this advice because its allowed me to win 32 of my last 35 games and got me all the way up to 7th on the ladder. Clearly this works champion at high level.
> >
> > Champion rank doesn’t make you high level what high level player did you beat with forge I’ll wait
>
> Your trying to tell me how to use Forge. Get as high as i am on the Ladder with Forge if you understand him so well, ill wait. I beat Berk aka Ship Let Volirwith Forge btw.

They aren’t high level. Berk really dude? How Almirante metaloid or savior? Or maybe yoda

How many vultures do you aim for?

This is very helpful. Thanks for posting.

> 2535422802208233;1:

This is a great piece of advice and one that I learned the hard way. Going armory / council fifth is a waste and cripples your economy early on.

> 2533274796391115;14:
> How many vultures do you aim for?

Depends on how dedicated you are to tech 2 units. As in are you struggling with map control or not. 6 kills a base Combat Salvage treats 8. They are just base killers but deadly with Salvage

> 2535422421305993;13:
> > 2535422802208233;11:
> > > 2535422421305993;10:
> > > > 2535422802208233;8:
> > > > > 2535422421305993;7:
> > > > > > 2535422802208233;1:
> > > > > > Hey All,
> > > > > > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
> > > > >
> > > > > Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.
> > > >
> > > > No hes one of the harder leaders to kill because hes just as strong as the others but faster. My forgehog has been getting one star veterancy during my games now because im better at microing him. Im giving this advice because its allowed me to win 32 of my last 35 games and got me all the way up to 7th on the ladder. Clearly this works champion at high level.
> > >
> > > Champion rank doesn’t make you high level what high level player did you beat with forge I’ll wait
> >
> > Your trying to tell me how to use Forge. Get as high as i am on the Ladder with Forge if you understand him so well, ill wait. I beat Berk aka Ship Let Volirwith Forge btw.
>
> They aren’t high level. Berk really dude? How Almirante metaloid or savior? Or maybe yoda

I dont play enough to beat the best players, i wouldnt be able to beat them with cutter either. Im not the best Halo Wars 2 player nor was i the best halo wars 1 player. I have NEVER said i can consistently beat the best players at this game. Only that a good Forge player can still be in the top 20 easily, im proof of that. Being top 5-10 on the ladder is still a damn good achievement no matter how much people like you and Solid HW try to put me down for not being able to beat Yoda Metaloid or almirante. Like OMG i cant beat the 7 best players at this game, better just quit. Such garbage logic.

> 2535422802208233;18:
> > 2535422421305993;13:
> > > 2535422802208233;11:
> > > > 2535422421305993;10:
> > > > > 2535422802208233;8:
> > > > > > 2535422421305993;7:
> > > > > > > 2535422802208233;1:
> > > > > > > Hey All,
> > > > > > > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.
> > > > >
> > > > > No hes one of the harder leaders to kill because hes just as strong as the others but faster. My forgehog has been getting one star veterancy during my games now because im better at microing him. Im giving this advice because its allowed me to win 32 of my last 35 games and got me all the way up to 7th on the ladder. Clearly this works champion at high level.
> > > >
> > > > Champion rank doesn’t make you high level what high level player did you beat with forge I’ll wait
> > >
> > > Your trying to tell me how to use Forge. Get as high as i am on the Ladder with Forge if you understand him so well, ill wait. I beat Berk aka Ship Let Volirwith Forge btw.
> >
> > They aren’t high level. Berk really dude? How Almirante metaloid or savior? Or maybe yoda
>
> I dont play enough to beat the best players, i wouldnt be able to beat them with cutter either. Im not the best Halo Wars 2 player nor was i the best halo wars 1 player. I have NEVER said i can consistently beat the best players at this game. Only that a good Forge player can still be in the top 20 easily, im proof of that. Being top 5-10 on the ladder is still a damn good achievement no matter how much people like you and Solid HW try to put me down for not being able to beat Yoda Metaloid or almirante. Like OMG i cant beat the 7 best players at this game, better just quit. Such garbage logic.

And they all say forge Is poop. Wanna play me, I know metaloid(best player hands down) would probably lose to me using that leader cause forge is that bad. And I could get #1 with Anders if i had time, champion rank is how much you play not how good you are. Anders is the worst leader in the game.

> 2535422421305993;19:
> > 2535422802208233;18:
> > > 2535422421305993;13:
> > > > 2535422802208233;11:
> > > > > 2535422421305993;10:
> > > > > > 2535422802208233;8:
> > > > > > > 2535422421305993;7:
> > > > > > > > 2535422802208233;1:
> > > > > > > > Hey All,
> > > > > > > > I keep getting PM’s asking for Tips on using Forge so here are some that may be helpful.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 1. Get rolling economy immediately. Use second Rolling economy leader point to upgrade both generators.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 2. Get forgehog out and harrassing quickly but use a minibase for the armory. Dont sacrifice one of your initial spots for any armory, this does not help Forge. get the anvil round right after and start using it to whittle down infantry, especially against UNSC as their is no good healing at Tier one other than blowing a leader power
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 3. Expo Fairly early and quickly upgrade the base to get turrets. More economy means better use of his rolling economy to keep getting ahead of your opponent.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 4. Spend as LITTLE time in tier 2 as possible. Forge is quite bad in tier two and it is here you will likely lose or get behind in games. Get to tier 3 quickly and start pumping out grizzlies or vultures. I recommend vultures.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 5. Any game you dont make use of combat salvage is likely a game you will lose.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 6. Heavy metal makes leader powers like hunters brand, cleansing beam, and eradication tickle. Fully upgrade it vs leaders who have devastating attack spells like this.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 7. Scatterbomb sucks against any leader besides decimus when he is using votex and cannot micro his army out of the way. prioritize other leader powers.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 8. Fully upgrade forgehog when you get to tier 3. Forgehog can solo harrass entire armies early on and is much stronger than people think.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 9. Siege turrets are your friends for holding your early expo, make sure your expo is within range of your siege turret, almost every map has one. Forge has to be played semi defensively until his ready to be combat salvaged army is out on the field.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > 10. 10 Fully upgraded vultures will one shot a base. If any opponent lets your get close enough to his base with this many vultures make sure you prioritize reducing it to rubble.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Forgehog is so easy to kill are you sure you want tech 1 war and then rush through tech 2? Vultures are ok but they can’t be the whole army in 1v1 you need a tech 2 army in front as for grizzlies that’s not even an option. The only grizzlies you get are the tank drop. Other then that you need to get tech 2 early with cyclops nightgales snipers and wolverines. Whatever counters your opponent the important upgrades are tech 3 so you should 4-5 gens I like 5. To get all upgrades and tech 3 to abuse your eco.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > No hes one of the harder leaders to kill because hes just as strong as the others but faster. My forgehog has been getting one star veterancy during my games now because im better at microing him. Im giving this advice because its allowed me to win 32 of my last 35 games and got me all the way up to 7th on the ladder. Clearly this works champion at high level.
> > > > >
> > > > > Champion rank doesn’t make you high level what high level player did you beat with forge I’ll wait
> > > >
> > > > Your trying to tell me how to use Forge. Get as high as i am on the Ladder with Forge if you understand him so well, ill wait. I beat Berk aka Ship Let Volirwith Forge btw.
> > >
> > > They aren’t high level. Berk really dude? How Almirante metaloid or savior? Or maybe yoda
> >
> > I dont play enough to beat the best players, i wouldnt be able to beat them with cutter either. Im not the best Halo Wars 2 player nor was i the best halo wars 1 player. I have NEVER said i can consistently beat the best players at this game. Only that a good Forge player can still be in the top 20 easily, im proof of that. Being top 5-10 on the ladder is still a damn good achievement no matter how much people like you and Solid HW try to put me down for not being able to beat Yoda Metaloid or almirante. Like OMG i cant beat the 7 best players at this game, better just quit. Such garbage logic.
>
> And they all say forge Is poop. Wanna play me, I know metaloid(best player hands down) would probably lose to me using that leader cause forge is that bad. And I could get #1 with Anders if i had time, champion rank is how much you play not how good you are. Anders is the worst leader in the game.

utter nonsense, you arent even trying anymore. Forge still needs some buffs, i have gone to other threads to say this. You are way off topic right now. I started this thread to give tips on how I play forge to do well in his current state, people keep asking me so im helping them out. If you want to start another thread to discuss how to buff him so that the top players dont call him garbage anymore then nothing is stopping you but here is not the place for that.