Tips for this game?

What tips do you can provide? I’m rank 86 but still consider myself a n00b…

btw, I’ve never been good at any Halo game in the series…

Use the Light Rifle. Its probably the best weapon to use to help you get better.

> Use the Light Rifle. Its probably the best weapon to use to help you get better.

Is it true that it takes 4 shots to kill while zoomed? Is it because it gets stronger when zoomed or just because all the three bullets impact the enemy altogheter?

If you want to get better at shooters in general (and Halo 4) go play Halo 3.

> > Use the Light Rifle. Its probably the best weapon to use to help you get better.
>
> Is it true that it takes 4 shots to kill while zoomed? Is it because it gets stronger when zoomed or just because all the three bullets impact the enemy altogheter?

Not a 100% sure how many shots it takes, but its stronger then the DMR when zoomed in. Its the best rifle because the DMR has way to high aim assist, the BR has a big reticule, and the Carbine is weak (debatable because it also requires a fast trigger finger).

> If you want to get better at shooters in general (and Halo 4) go play Halo 3.

Truth.

1a. identify target
1b. locate vulnerable spot on target
2a. put reticule on aforementioned location.
2b. If necessary lead the reticular to the predicted position of target at the time of impact.
3a. Fire offensively at target.
3b. Identify an utilize cover to reduce incoming fire.
4. Repeat
5. ???
6. Profit

> 1a. identify target
> 1b. locate vulnerable spot on target
> 2a. put reticule on aforementioned location.
> 2b. If necessary lead the reticular to the predicted position of target at the time of impact.
> 3a. Fire offensively at target.
> 3b. Identify an utilize cover to reduce incoming fire.
> 4. Repeat
> 5. ???
> 6. Profit

I seriously don’t know if you’re serious or just sarcastic.

My biggest problem seems to be what friggin’ loadout to use… I don’t feel ok with either the DMR or LR.

Try BR. Or carbine if you have a excellent connection.

Get better at aiming. That is a must; getting to cover, skillful takedowns, callouts, all are useless even if you are playing in a team if I can just outgun you.

Once you are confident you can aim well (Very well; by that I mean Sniper snapshots aren’t really hard, they’re just annoying) then you can focus on skill based offenses.

If you can’t aim you can’t play - What I learned on my first month on my first console and first Halo game, Reach. The game is so easy now, it feels like people literally sit down for me.

> > 1a. identify target
> > 1b. locate vulnerable spot on target
> > 2a. put reticule on aforementioned location.
> > 2b. If necessary lead the reticular to the predicted position of target at the time of impact.
> > 3a. Fire offensively at target.
> > 3b. Identify an utilize cover to reduce incoming fire.
> > 4. Repeat
> > 5. ???
> > 6. Profit
>
> I seriously don’t know if you’re serious or just sarcastic.
>
> My biggest problem seems to be what friggin’ loadout to use… I don’t feel ok with either the DMR or LR.

Wasn’t sarcastic, being a tad glib, personally recommend the dmr, and the rest is muscle memory and quick-twitch aiming

OR

Go play reach/halo3 for awhile.

Set your sensitivity to 9.

you want tips for being good in halo 4?

use the DMR, if you use other weapons they are unbalanced against the DMR, i just have done every loadout weapon commendation apart from the plasma pistol, and let me tell you, greatly unbalanced

its known as the Go To Gun, or the most dominant weapon you can spawn with

Lol all the weapon posts its awesome some good info there, but to really get better at halo just keep on playing, switch up your weapons, use a plasma pistol to get kills, or try just the magnum, try different play styles, run and gun, camp, mix of the two, push yourself try and get assassinations one match and beat that number the next, or the same with head shots.

Its all about how you play, and what you play. Swat will help with focusing your head shots, but if you go back to slayer you need to remember it isn’t one shot kills any more. Lots of things

Just play the game

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > > 1a. identify target
> > > 1b. locate vulnerable spot on target
> > > 2a. put reticule on aforementioned location.
> > > 2b. If necessary lead the reticular to the predicted position of target at the time of impact.
> > > 3a. Fire offensively at target.
> > > 3b. Identify an utilize cover to reduce incoming fire.
> > > 4. Repeat
> > > 5. ???
> > > 6. Profit
> >
> > I seriously don’t know if you’re serious or just sarcastic.
> >
> > My biggest problem seems to be what friggin’ loadout to use… I don’t feel ok with either the DMR or LR.
>
> Wasn’t sarcastic, being a tad glib, personally recommend the dmr, and the rest is muscle memory and quick-twitch aiming
>
> OR
>
> Go play reach/halo3 for awhile.

Don’t pay attention to someone that doesn’t kill more then they die.

Aim for their heads and jump a lot is what I do :stuck_out_tongue:

Tips:

1. Bring the right loadouts with you into battle. Customize them to your liking. It matters.

2. Experiment with different controller sensitivities, find out which one works best for you. MLG players have it set really low, but don’t mind them. It’s all about personal preference.

3. Play and practice a lot.

4. Google strategy or even buy the Halo 4 Prima Games Official Game Guide.

5. Headshots are the best shots. Don’t try to use automatics past mid-range.

6. Don’t go around sprinting everywhere while spraying with an AR. It might work in Call of Duty, but not in Halo, where there’s motion trackers and shields. Try pretending you’re an actual soldier, trying not to die. This helps me rack up a lot more kills.

7. Strafe a lot, forcing your opponents to constantly correct their aim.

This is a little spammy, but my youtube videos are a good source of information. I run a live stream where I commentate every game I play and ultimately try to help players get better. I’ve been playing since Halo:CE

Click here to go to my youtube vids, tons of free strategy talk and information for you!

> Tips:
>
> 1. Bring the right loadouts with you into battle. Customize them to your liking. It matters.
>
> 2. Experiment with different controller sensitivities, find out which one works best for you. MLG players have it set really low, but don’t mind them. It’s all about personal preference.
>
> 3. Play and practice a lot.
>
> 4. Google strategy or even buy the Halo 4 Prima Games Official Game Guide.
>
> 5. Headshots are the best shots. Don’t try to use automatics past mid-range.
>
> 6. Don’t go around sprinting everywhere while spraying with an AR. It might work in Call of Duty, but not in Halo, where there’s motion trackers and shields. Try pretending you’re an actual soldier, trying not to die. This helps me rack up a lot more kills.
>
> 7. Strafe a lot, forcing your opponents to constantly correct their aim.

Very good advise… It’s taken me a long time, but now I consider myself an average player but I was terrible. I mean absolutely dreadful just coming over from COD, but I just kept at it.