Tips for Objective Game Types?

Ever since I started playing Halo years ago, I never took objective game types seriously, I did play them casually occasionally, but I’ve never played them competitively that much. I usually play just Slayer (good at it), Warzone, or custom games, but recently, I’ve started gaining more interest into objectives. I’m decent in some objectives, such as KOTH (which sadly isn’t in H5), and Oddball, but others, I’m not quite good at. Can anyone give me tips for objectives, more specifically the core objective game types (Strongholds, CTF etc.)?

Yeah, play the objective and remember that “K/D” is an arbitrary number that is not rewarded nor does anybody care what anybody else’s is. Nothing annoys me more than when I’m trying to run a flag and no one will support me or try to grab a Warthog because they’re too busy trying to pad their K/D in an objective match by camping the fringes of a map with a BR. Objective gametypes are about winning, and running flags and capturing hills and strongholds often times requires a lot of dying (especially in the case of getting that flag. I’ll die a dozen times without getting a kill just trying to sneak in there over and over).

… man, I complain about that a lot on here. lol

Basically, besides that it’s have fun, use team work, and try to win. If you take it too seriously you’re doing it wrong. That’s the point of these gametypes. They’re not supposed to get sweaty. That’s how they get ruined.

> 2533274894851836;1:
> Ever since I started playing Halo years ago, I never took objective game types seriously, I did play them casually occasionally, but I’ve never played them competitively that much. I usually play just Slayer (good at it), Warzone, or custom games, but recently, I’ve started gaining more interest into objectives. I’m decent in some objectives, such as KOTH (which sadly isn’t in H5), and Oddball, but others, I’m not quite good at. Can anyone give me tips for objectives, more specifically the core objective game types (Strongholds, CTF etc.)?

I suggest that you watch some scrimmages from Towey’s channel on YouTube (the coach of Evil Geniuses). His points can be very useful as he critiques the games that the team is playing in their twitch streams.

play the objective, dont ignore it like many people do

other then that, ya dont take it super duper seriously unless you already planned too. Its tough not to be sweaty in a competitive mode but you can still have fun without winning.

> 2533274883669557;2:
> Yeah, play the objective and remember that “K/D” is an arbitrary number that is not rewarded nor does anybody care what anybody else’s is. Nothing annoys me more than when I’m trying to run a flag and no one will support me or try to grab a Warthog because they’re too busy trying to pad their K/D in an objective match by camping the fringes of a map with a BR. Objective gametypes are about winning, and running flags and capturing hills and strongholds often times requires a lot of dying (especially in the case of getting that flag. I’ll die a dozen times without getting a kill just trying to sneak in there over and over).
>
> … man, I complain about that a lot on here. lol
>
> Basically, besides that it’s have fun, use team work, and try to win. If you take it too seriously you’re doing it wrong. That’s the point of these gametypes. They’re not supposed to get sweaty. That’s how they get ruined.

EXACTLY!! This ^ player has it right on. When I play Strong Holds, I take on the role of “Caretaker” for one base—I make sure to defend it the whole time. Now it’s not glamorous and I don’t get the highest kills or score, but by holding one base my team has an easy time to score points with my 3 fellow players capturing at least 1 or maybe 2 others. The strategy has worked to this date.

Also, find out what type of role in strategy games you are good at or like to play. Are you a carrier, defender, or assassin in CTF? Can you switch roles on the fly when needed?

These game modes are a lot of fun and challenging! Good luck!

in strongholds don’t run into a point like a madman when the other team is all alive because more than likely are you are going to do it die. Controlling power weapons is huge in any gametype as you know. If the other team caps two points and rockets are coming up in ten seconds for example id suggest you try to get those rockets and then go clear out the base with them.
In CTF try to pull flag when they are a guy or two down you are more likely to cap when you have numbers.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll be sure to use them, as well as to enjoy playing objectives.