Tips for Halo Wars 2

Me and two other buddies started playing Halo Wars 2 together about a week ago. We’re struggling to keep up with everyone and curious as to how people create armies so quick and so early.

If you have any advice on how to play the game or even build armies quick, it would be very appreciated and maybe even which hero to use.

It takes months and months of trying out everything and all the leaders before you can start being more productive. I played against the AI until I could beat it on legendary, then I started playing online. Granted the AI on legendary is quite easy to beat, you might find yourself having a hard time at first. Once you can produce an army quickly enough you will be ready to compete more online.

> 2533274856300271;1:
> Me and two other buddies started playing Halo Wars 2 together about a week ago. We’re struggling to keep up with everyone and curious as to how people create armies so quick and so early.
>
> If you have any advice on how to play the game or even build armies quick, it would be very appreciated and maybe even which hero to use.

Sweet, its always awesome to see new faces.
A lot of it is dependent on the first 2 mins of the game. Biggest thing you have to look at is your build order. A pretty standard build is going supply 1st and 2nd, gen 3rd supply 4th and gen 5th. This let’s you pick up mini bases, which are very important to building a early army.
You have a couple of options from there, either build another supply pad and help your eco, build a barracks/raid camp to train rush units (hellbringera and hammer brutes) or you can put an armory there and build your hero. All have advantages and disadvantages.
While your doing all this you should have your starting marines picking up as many resources as you can. A good rule of thumb is that whenever you have spare resources in the early game is to build a marine/grunt.
From there you should try to capture the nodes and get map control.
Last but most important tip-scout, scout, scout, whether you just run a marine past there base or build a jackrabbit you need to scout.
If you have more questions feel free to message me or add me on xbl. If you want more practice feel free to add me and I’ll play customs with you.
Hope this helps and good luck.

> 2533274922326904;3:
> > 2533274856300271;1:
> > Me and two other buddies started playing Halo Wars 2 together about a week ago. We’re struggling to keep up with everyone and curious as to how people create armies so quick and so early.
> >
> > If you have any advice on how to play the game or even build armies quick, it would be very appreciated and maybe even which hero to use.
>
> Sweet, its always awesome to see new faces.
> A lot of it is dependent on the first 2 mins of the game. Biggest thing you have to look at is your build order. A pretty standard build is going supply 1st and 2nd, gen 3rd supply 4th and gen 5th. This let’s you pick up mini bases, which are very important to building a early army.
> You have a couple of options from there, either build another supply pad and help your eco, build a barracks/raid camp to train rush units (hellbringera and hammer brutes) or you can put an armory there and build your hero. All have advantages and disadvantages.
> While your doing all this you should have your starting marines picking up as many resources as you can. A good rule of thumb is that whenever you have spare resources in the early game is to build a marine/grunt.
> From there you should try to capture the nodes and get map control.
> Last but most important tip-scout, scout, scout, whether you just run a marine past there base or build a jackrabbit you need to scout.
> If you have more questions feel free to message me or add me on xbl. If you want more practice feel free to add me and I’ll play customs with you.
> Hope this helps and good luck.

I’ll defiantly hit you up with an add, we play a lot. Do you usually upgrade your supply stuff right away?

> 2533274856300271;4:
> > 2533274922326904;3:
> > > 2533274856300271;1:
> > > Me and two other buddies started playing Halo Wars 2 together about a week ago. We’re struggling to keep up with everyone and curious as to how people create armies so quick and so early.
> > >
> > > If you have any advice on how to play the game or even build armies quick, it would be very appreciated and maybe even which hero to use.
> >
> > Sweet, its always awesome to see new faces.
> > A lot of it is dependent on the first 2 mins of the game. Biggest thing you have to look at is your build order. A pretty standard build is going supply 1st and 2nd, gen 3rd supply 4th and gen 5th. This let’s you pick up mini bases, which are very important to building a early army.
> > You have a couple of options from there, either build another supply pad and help your eco, build a barracks/raid camp to train rush units (hellbringera and hammer brutes) or you can put an armory there and build your hero. All have advantages and disadvantages.
> > While your doing all this you should have your starting marines picking up as many resources as you can. A good rule of thumb is that whenever you have spare resources in the early game is to build a marine/grunt.
> > From there you should try to capture the nodes and get map control.
> > Last but most important tip-scout, scout, scout, whether you just run a marine past there base or build a jackrabbit you need to scout.
> > If you have more questions feel free to message me or add me on xbl. If you want more practice feel free to add me and I’ll play customs with you.
> > Hope this helps and good luck.
>
> I’ll defiantly hit you up with an add, we play a lot. Do you usually upgrade your supply stuff right away?

Personally, I don’t upgrade my supply pads until I hit T2. But I run a quick tech build rather than an early game/rush build.

> 2533274856300271;4:
> > 2533274922326904;3:
> > >
>
> I’ll defiantly hit you up with an add, we play a lot. Do you usually upgrade your supply stuff right away?

Depends on what you’re doing. If you want a lot of core units out early (marines/grunts or whatever), then upgrading a supply pad is smart.
There are lots of ways to play though. Just keep going at it, and feel free to add me too if you want to play.

> 2533274856300271;1:
> Me and two other buddies started playing Halo Wars 2 together about a week ago. We’re struggling to keep up with everyone and curious as to how people create armies so quick and so early.
>
> If you have any advice on how to play the game or even build armies quick, it would be very appreciated and maybe even which hero to use.

Me and my friends are fairly experienced players and have reached out to a bunch of people to help them learn to play. If your interested GT: THEWALL766. I promise you that a little bit of direction from someone that knows the game goes a long way

> 2533274856300271;4:
> > 2533274922326904;3:
> > > Me and two other buddies started playing Halo Wars 2 together about a week ago. We’re struggling to keep up with everyone and curious as to how people create armies so quick and so early.
> > >
> > > If you have any advice on how to play the game or even build armies quick, it would be very appreciated and maybe even which hero to use.
> >
> > Sweet, its always awesome to see new faces.
> > A lot of it is dependent on the first 2 mins of the game. Biggest thing you have to look at is your build order. A pretty standard build is going supply 1st and 2nd, gen 3rd supply 4th and gen 5th. This let’s you pick up mini bases, which are very important to building a early army.
> > You have a couple of options from there, either build another supply pad and help your eco, build a barracks/raid camp to train rush units (hellbringera and hammer brutes) or you can put an armory there and build your hero. All have advantages and disadvantages.
> > While your doing all this you should have your starting marines picking up as many resources as you can. A good rule of thumb is that whenever you have spare resources in the early game is to build a marine/grunt.
> > From there you should try to capture the nodes and get map control.
> > Last but most important tip-scout, scout, scout, whether you just run a marine past there base or build a jackrabbit you need to scout.
> > If you have more questions feel free to message me or add me on xbl. If you want more practice feel free to add me and I’ll play customs with you.
> > Hope this helps and good luck.
>

It really depends on how you play, I like really heavy t1 builds So I often upgrade one pad. Usually you want to wait til you’re at tech 2 before upgrading all your pads. There are exceptions tho. Also TheWall766 BreezyStarfish1 and FungusUCantKill are my regular teammates. You should consider adding them as well

I’m shocked no one said this. BUILD SCOUTS. Always, always scout your enemy before preparing an attack. One of the game’s taglines is know your enemy. Unless you 100% know a rush is coming it’s good to know the enemies build order. Which brings up another point, practice Build orders for different maps and situations. I used to practice one build order and it would work sometimes and other times I’d get destroyed. Also collect map resources they make a difference especially the Massive Supply Crate and Power Cylinder.

> 2533274812438213;9:
> I’m shocked no one said this. BUILD SCOUTS. Always, always scout your enemy before preparing an attack. One of the game’s taglines is know your enemy. Unless you 100% know a rush is coming it’s good to know the enemies build order. Which brings up another point, practice Build orders for different maps and situations. I used to practice one build order and it would work sometimes and other times I’d get destroyed. Also collect map resources they make a difference especially the Massive Supply Crate and Power Cylinder.

Yeah I’m surprised you were the first person to say that, I’ll defiantly be doing that from now on. Thank you.

> 2533274856300271;10:
> > 2533274812438213;9:
> > I’m shocked no one said this. BUILD SCOUTS. Always, always scout your enemy before preparing an attack. One of the game’s taglines is know your enemy. Unless you 100% know a rush is coming it’s good to know the enemies build order. Which brings up another point, practice Build orders for different maps and situations. I used to practice one build order and it would work sometimes and other times I’d get destroyed. Also collect map resources they make a difference especially the Massive Supply Crate and Power Cylinder.
>
> Yeah I’m surprised you were the first person to say that, I’ll defiantly be doing that from now on. Thank you.

Can’t tell you how many times that helped me intercept a rush. Especially Marine and Flamethrowers.

> 2533274812438213;11:
> > 2533274856300271;10:
> > > 2533274812438213;9:
> > > I’m shocked no one said this. BUILD SCOUTS. Always, always scout your enemy before preparing an attack. One of the game’s taglines is know your enemy. Unless you 100% know a rush is coming it’s good to know the enemies build order. Which brings up another point, practice Build orders for different maps and situations. I used to practice one build order and it would work sometimes and other times I’d get destroyed. Also collect map resources they make a difference especially the Massive Supply Crate and Power Cylinder.
> >
> > Yeah I’m surprised you were the first person to say that, I’ll defiantly be doing that from now on. Thank you.
>
> Can’t tell you how many times that helped me intercept a rush. Especially Marine and Flamethrowers.

Those flamethrower guys do help out a lot when holding off a rush of grunts.

My biggest piece of advice is to scout the opponent, especially if they are playing colony. You gotta know a rush is coming before it is at your doorstep. Don’t forget to pop back to your base throughout the game to keep spending your resources on something unless you are specifically saving it up. Early game crates and power is important as well, really gets things moving quickly.

Don’t forget to upgrade your supply and power production when you can. With experience you’ll know when is the best time to do so, but they are way more efficient when upgraded.

Try and learn what the strength of every particular hero/leader is and what their leader powers are.

Otherwise don’t sweat it, all will come with time.

> 2533274821180847;13:
> My biggest piece of advice is to scout the opponent, especially if they are playing colony. You gotta know a rush is coming before it is at your doorstep. Don’t forget to pop back to your base throughout the game to keep spending your resources on something unless you are specifically saving it up. Early game crates and power is important as well, really gets things moving quickly.
>
> Don’t forget to upgrade your supply and power production when you can. With experience you’ll know when is the best time to do so, but they are way more efficient when upgraded.
>
> Try and learn what the strength of every particular hero/leader is and what their leader powers are.
>
> Otherwise don’t sweat it, all will come with time.

Oh man Colony…you wouldn’t think Goliaths moving so slow would be such a problem but once you add Skitterers it’s a problem.

> 2533274812438213;14:
> > 2533274821180847;13:
> > My biggest piece of advice is to scout the opponent, especially if they are playing colony. You gotta know a rush is coming before it is at your doorstep. Don’t forget to pop back to your base throughout the game to keep spending your resources on something unless you are specifically saving it up. Early game crates and power is important as well, really gets things moving quickly.
> >
> > Don’t forget to upgrade your supply and power production when you can. With experience you’ll know when is the best time to do so, but they are way more efficient when upgraded.
> >
> > Try and learn what the strength of every particular hero/leader is and what their leader powers are.
> >
> > Otherwise don’t sweat it, all will come with time.
>
> Oh man Colony…you wouldn’t think Goliaths moving so slow would be such a problem but once you add Skitterers it’s a problem.

My one friend loves to rush with the goliaths, we almost pulled it off lol.