Tips for an Off Day?

I’ve been working at getting my K/D up to 2.00 for a while and I’ve been making a lot of progress. Normally I’m at a pretty steady 2.00 per game and I got my overall K/D up to a 1.96 but today I’ve been awful all day and it’s dropped to a 1.94.

Any tips on turning a bad day into a great day?

9.94 K/D?, possible but unlikely. I think i know what you mean though. Normally i play a Spartan Ops match before i play any matchmaking because the way the Elites move increases your reaction because they move so fast, and that movement is always better than what people can do in War Games so it makes it a bit easier for you there.

> 9.94 K/D?, possible but unlikely. I think i know what you mean though. Normally i play a Spartan Ops match before i play any matchmaking because the way the Elites move step your game up and that movement is always better than what people can do in War Games so it makes it a bit easier for you there.

I meant 1.94… lol

You get a killing frenzy every time you spawn on average?

> 9.94 K/D?, possible but unlikely. I think i know what you mean though. Normally i play a Spartan Ops match before i play any matchmaking because the way the Elites move increases your reaction because they move so fast, and that movement is always better than what people can do in War Games so it makes it a bit easier for you there.

It’s weird though, earlier I was doing great. (Actually better than usual). But one game I did really bad and after that I just plain sucked. (Well, I don’t suck but by my standards I’m doing terribly).

> > 9.94 K/D?, possible but unlikely. I think i know what you mean though. Normally i play a Spartan Ops match before i play any matchmaking because the way the Elites move step your game up and that movement is always better than what people can do in War Games so it makes it a bit easier for you there.
>
> I meant 1.94… lol

Yeah thought so :slight_smile:
Also i don’t play when i feel tired because choices i make are bad half the time and my reations are more delayed than when i’m not tired.

> > 9.94 K/D?, possible but unlikely. I think i know what you mean though. Normally i play a Spartan Ops match before i play any matchmaking because the way the Elites move increases your reaction because they move so fast, and that movement is always better than what people can do in War Games so it makes it a bit easier for you there.
>
> It’s weird though, earlier I was doing great. (Actually better than usual). But one game I did really bad and after that I just plain sucked. (Well, I don’t suck but by my standards I’m doing terribly).

Maybe it’s just your confidence. I know when i get smashed it affects me for a couple of games xD

I just think to myself i’m the best and i usually go well.

When this happens to me, I usually just get off.
I’ll try it again the next day or whenever.

When I start doing bad, I’ll play a few more games and if I do not
improve by then, that’s it, I’m not going to frustrate myself.

> You get a killing frenzy every time you spawn on average?

Yes… And Emma Watson is my girlfriend… Lol, I don’t think anybody gets a Killing Frenzy every time they spawn.

> When this happens to me, I usually just get off.
> I’ll try it again the next day or whenever.
>
> When I start doing bad, I’ll play a few more games and if I do not
> improve by then, that’s it, I’m not going to frustrate myself.

I normally try to take a break but it’s so fun! I went back to Halo 3 (Which I normally pwn at, in the humblest way possible) And I sucked at that too. Maybe I’m just having a bad day period for FPS games.

> > When this happens to me, I usually just get off.
> > I’ll try it again the next day or whenever.
> >
> > When I start doing bad, I’ll play a few more games and if I do not
> > improve by then, that’s it, I’m not going to frustrate myself.
>
> I normally try to take a break but it’s so fun! I went back to Halo 3 (Which I normally pwn at, in the humblest way possible) And I sucked at that too. Maybe I’m just having a bad day period for FPS games.

Which would be when I get off.
If you don’t want to though, you could always just play some customs.

> > > When this happens to me, I usually just get off.
> > > I’ll try it again the next day or whenever.
> > >
> > > When I start doing bad, I’ll play a few more games and if I do not
> > > improve by then, that’s it, I’m not going to frustrate myself.
> >
> > I normally try to take a break but it’s so fun! I went back to Halo 3 (Which I normally pwn at, in the humblest way possible) And I sucked at that too. Maybe I’m just having a bad day period for FPS games.
>
> Which would be when I get off.
> If you don’t want to though, you could always just play some customs.

Haha, I got of a few hours ago to go to band practice and haven’t been on since. I’m going to wait until tomorrow to see if I’m half-decent.

> > > > When this happens to me, I usually just get off.
> > > > I’ll try it again the next day or whenever.
> > > >
> > > > When I start doing bad, I’ll play a few more games and if I do not
> > > > improve by then, that’s it, I’m not going to frustrate myself.
> > >
> > > I normally try to take a break but it’s so fun! I went back to Halo 3 (Which I normally pwn at, in the humblest way possible) And I sucked at that too. Maybe I’m just having a bad day period for FPS games.
> >
> > Which would be when I get off.
> > If you don’t want to though, you could always just play some customs.
>
> Haha, I got of a few hours ago to go to band practice and haven’t been on since. I’m going to wait until tomorrow to see if I’m half-decent.

You will be haha.
It’s just one of those days.

> > > > > When this happens to me, I usually just get off.
> > > > > I’ll try it again the next day or whenever.
> > > > >
> > > > > When I start doing bad, I’ll play a few more games and if I do not
> > > > > improve by then, that’s it, I’m not going to frustrate myself.
> > > >
> > > > I normally try to take a break but it’s so fun! I went back to Halo 3 (Which I normally pwn at, in the humblest way possible) And I sucked at that too. Maybe I’m just having a bad day period for FPS games.
> > >
> > > Which would be when I get off.
> > > If you don’t want to though, you could always just play some customs.
> >
> > Haha, I got of a few hours ago to go to band practice and haven’t been on since. I’m going to wait until tomorrow to see if I’m half-decent.
>
> You will be haha.
> It’s just one of those days.

I’m still waiting for the “Because you use the Boltshot, noob!” reply. Hahaha, it’s awful when you have an off day on the same day as a TU.

Everybody gets their bad days Kyler! I’ve had days where I went negative for 4 straight hours! And yes, the controller has flown across the room, but quitting’s not my bag.

It’s ok to take a gamebreak after a slump. But after some crappy games comes a lot of good games. In a similar fashion, I’m too getting my KD raised as well, and so far it’s been a -Yoink-, and getting there has been no easy task. I wouldn’t worry about the future of your k/d, because eventually you’ll get to 2.00. Just keep playing to your usual flow and you’ll get there!

To add to the OP, and to those who are trying to raise K/D, and need a morale boost, look at my progress since dec 3:

and now…

I would normally say play some objective if you’re having an off day, but if K/D is all you care about then please don’t go ruining those game types for those of use who are looking to get away from the slaughter.

My suggestion: put ordinance priority and requisition in your loadout of choice, then head into BTB. Power weapons are always good odds for a spree or two :slight_smile:

Personally, I take breaks when stuff like that happens.

Are you getting frustrated? Sometimes, you can’t do your best when mad. Take a break to cool off, then try again later. I do that so I can cool off and get back to thinking again.

Sometimes it’s not necessarily your skill, but your mood. Take a fun break, and come back when you are happy and your mind clear. That way, you’ll more likely to do better. :slight_smile:

Take a break.

Head to Reach goto Firefight and change your speed to 200% and gravity to like 150% and pummel the snot out of the Ai as a super hero while playing the Nemesis Remix.

Take a break/ play some firefight for a bit, get a team and play your best playlist. practice and learn some manuvers and tips. Its helped me against DMR and a lot of stuff.