Tips for a new player?

I have ordered the game and it comes Monday/Tuesday.

I have been watching a few YT vids, but what do you guys on the forum think?

Also can you tell me your play style, and which character you use and why? I got HW2:UE so I get the DLC characters too, like Colony.

Just wanna know your guys tips, play styles and favourite character, and why.

> 2535410377627932;1:
> I have ordered the game and it comes Monday/Tuesday.
>
> I have been watching a few YT vids, but what do you guys on the forum think?
>
> Also can you tell me your play style, and which character you use and why? I got HW2:UE so I get the DLC characters too, like Colony.
>
> Just wanna know your guys tips, play styles and favourite character, and why.

3 supply pads 2 gens on ya ya first base

Any Banished character is my favorite, I love them all!

A good leader to start out with is Atriox, he’s pretty simple, but at the same time has a very high skill ceiling.

My best advice would be to get your build for the first 3:00-4:00 minutes down. It’ll help you a lot to counter rushes and prepare for the mid game.

If you’d like you can add me on Xbox, my GT is the same name. We could do customs together.

> 2533274802858354;2:
> > 2535410377627932;1:
> > I have ordered the game and it comes Monday/Tuesday.
> >
> > I have been watching a few YT vids, but what do you guys on the forum think?
> >
> > Also can you tell me your play style, and which character you use and why? I got HW2:UE so I get the DLC characters too, like Colony.
> >
> > Just wanna know your guys tips, play styles and favourite character, and why.
>
> 3 supply pads 2 gens on ya ya first base

> 2533274927740213;3:
> Any Banished character is my favorite, I love them all!
>
> A good leader to start out with is Atriox, he’s pretty simple, but at the same time has a very high skill ceiling.
>
> My best advice would be to get your build for the first 3:00-4:00 minutes down. It’ll help you a lot to counter rushes and prepare for the mid game.
>
> If you’d like you can add me on Xbox, my GT is the same name. We could do customs together.

Thanks for the replies guys.

For starting, I’d really recommend watching TruthSOSeeker’s videos. They’re really informative for players just starting in singles, and he provides great analysis of a variety of strategies and build orders in high level games. For doubles, Breaking the Clutch is a good recourse.

Welcome to halo wars 2!

I like to use Forge for UNSC in team games and Colony is my favorite for banished.

> 2533274927740213;3:
> My best advice would be to get your build for the first 3:00-4:00 minutes down. It’ll help you a lot to counter rushes and prepare for the mid game.

^^^ This, from your early build, you’ll have to learn to react to whatever the enemy has and try to build the appropriate counter. Also, what’s your preferred play style?

> 2533274813444880;6:
> Welcome to halo wars 2!
>
> I like to use Forge for UNSC in team games and Colony is my favorite for banished.
>
>
> > 2533274927740213;3:
> > My best advice would be to get your build for the first 3:00-4:00 minutes down. It’ll help you a lot to counter rushes and prepare for the mid game.
>
> ^^^ This, from your early build, you’ll have to learn to react to whatever the enemy has and try to build the appropriate counter. Also, what’s your preferred play style?

I don’t really have a play-style yet tbh, I am trying to learn which playstyles are the best.

What is your preferred playstyle?

> 2535410377627932;7:
> > 2533274813444880;6:
> > Welcome to halo wars 2!
> >
> > I like to use Forge for UNSC in team games and Colony is my favorite for banished.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274927740213;3:
> > > -snip-
> >
> > ^^^ This, from your early build, you’ll have to learn to react to whatever the enemy has and try to build the appropriate counter. Also, what’s your preferred play style?
>
> I don’t really have a play-style yet tbh, I am trying to learn which playstyles are the best.
>
> What is your preferred playstyle?

I’m more of a turtle I’d say. I like to get my economy up, get the nodes on my side and play defensive for the early game while scouting frequently.

Oh yeah, scouting is very important so you should pick up on that too.

> 2533274813444880;8:
> > 2535410377627932;7:
> > > 2533274813444880;6:
> > > Welcome to halo wars 2!
> > >
> > > I like to use Forge for UNSC in team games and Colony is my favorite for banished.
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274927740213;3:
> > > > -snip-
> > >
> > > ^^^ This, from your early build, you’ll have to learn to react to whatever the enemy has and try to build the appropriate counter. Also, what’s your preferred play style?
> >
> > I don’t really have a play-style yet tbh, I am trying to learn which playstyles are the best.
> >
> > What is your preferred playstyle?
>
> I’m more of a turtle I’d say. I like to get my economy up, get the nodes on my side and play defensive for the early game while scouting frequently.
>
> Oh yeah, scouting is very important so you should pick up on that too.

What do you build on your base first of all? Just curious.

pro tip this is not halo wars 1 dont make an war counsel/unsc armory
on your first base
leaders are trash the first 10 min of a game only spend power on an army not on a leader/hero

the way i play is army before making an expo
unless you are atriox then go ahead and make some expos

> 2535410377627932;1:
> I have ordered the game and it comes Monday/Tuesday.
>
> I have been watching a few YT vids, but what do you guys on the forum think?
>
> Also can you tell me your play style, and which character you use and why? I got HW2:UE so I get the DLC characters too, like Colony.
>
> Just wanna know your guys tips, play styles and favourite character, and why.

im level 16 anyone want to add me im always playing

> 2535410377627932;9:
> > 2533274813444880;8:
> > > 2535410377627932;7:
> > > > 2533274813444880;6:
> > > > Welcome to halo wars 2!
> > > >
> > > > I like to use Forge for UNSC in team games and Colony is my favorite for banished.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274927740213;3:
> > > > > -snip-
> > > >
> > > > ^^^ This, from your early build, you’ll have to learn to react to whatever the enemy has and try to build the appropriate counter. Also, what’s your preferred play style?
> > >
> > > -snip-
>
> What do you build on your base first of all? Just curious.

I go supply, gen, supply, supply, gen and depending on my enemies’s build order, I’ll build a barracks or another supply on my mini-base.

Don’t get overwhelmed by the game and don’t be shy to message the players on top of the leaderboards too for advice.

Best advice in this game or any RTS is to have a plan. Even a mediocre plan will allow you to beat superior players who don’t plan.

> 2533274924073601;5:
> For starting, I’d really recommend watching TruthSOSeeker’s videos. They’re really informative for players just starting in singles, and he provides great analysis of a variety of strategies and build orders in high level games. For doubles, Breaking the Clutch is a good recourse.

“He provides great analysis of a variety of strategies”
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2USXNfaEfac

> 2533274854763685;14:
> > 2533274924073601;5:
> > For starting, I’d really recommend watching TruthSOSeeker’s videos. They’re really informative for players just starting in singles, and he provides great analysis of a variety of strategies and build orders in high level games. For doubles, Breaking the Clutch is a good recourse.
>
> “He provides great analysis of a variety of strategies”
> ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>
> Halo Wars 2 || Dis Rap with the Units and Leaders of Halo Wars 2!! Ft. Atriox Cutter Anders Forge - YouTube

Also, that. :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274924073601;5:
> For starting, I’d really recommend watching TruthSOSeeker’s videos. They’re really informative for players just starting in singles, and he provides great analysis of a variety of strategies and build orders in high level games. For doubles, Breaking the Clutch is a good recourse.

Yes, truthoseeker is really good! I was stuck in platinum as a solo 2s player (as stated many times, I am not going to play in a party in a non party playlist, feels very unfair and cheap to me) and as soon as i watched a few of his videos, his pointers got me to diamond!

His commentary on his matches helps so much too.