Tips and tricks for new players of halo 5

Hello everyone! I’m kinda new and I would love some insight to help me improve my game play. For halo 5 when you get your packs, wondering when and we’re can you use your shelds when you acquire them? I have slightly played all halos with my husband but for halo 5 I have emerged myself completely to the game. Also maybe some tips on how.to aim better, I know practice is important and I do, but maybe you guys have some more pointers for me :slight_smile:

I’ll throw a few things out, and hopefully they’re somewhat helpful.

• When you start buying Req Packs, you should start with buying mostly Silver Packs first until you no longer unlock anything new, and then start moving onto Gold Packs. With Silver and Gold packs, you’re guaranteed to unlock items, unlike Bronze packs which only offer a chance of unlocking something. Silvers are only guaranteed until there is nothing left to unlock in it’s unlock tier, (ex. Silvers can only unlock items starting from Common and ending with Rare). Gold packs unlock every tier, but can ALSO unlock Common items if they are available, which could be considered a waste of 10,000 Req Points.

• In terms of aiming, a lot of people have many different aiming preferences, but generally I’ve found it better to keep a lower looking sensitivity, usually around 4 for me, with both deadzones set to 0. But that’s my preference, and definitely won’t be the same for everyone. You should mess with these settings and see if you’re more comfortable with something else, and if you wind up wanting to go back to what you have now, you can always revert them back to the default again. If you want to just get better at aiming in general, mostly it just comes with playing more, but you could also try playing gamemodes that focus a lot more on precision weapons, like Snipers, SWAT, or even just Firefight to get a hold of the controls more.

• Don’t know if this is common knowledge to all new players yet, but if your shields are low, try not to Sprint, as they will not start to recharge unless you are just moving around normal base speed.

Hope some of this helped! If not, ah well.

I look up luke the notable and proximity for on YouTube for halo 5 tips.

> 2533274800168045;2:
> I’ll throw a few things out, and hopefully they’re somewhat helpful.
>
> • When you start buying Req Packs, you should start with buying mostly Silver Packs first until you no longer unlock anything new, and then start moving onto Gold Packs. With Silver and Gold packs, you’re guaranteed to unlock items, unlike Bronze packs which only offer a chance of unlocking something. Silvers are only guaranteed until there is nothing left to unlock in it’s unlock tier, (ex. Silvers can only unlock items starting from Common and ending with Rare). Gold packs unlock every tier, but can ALSO unlock Common items if they are available, which could be considered a waste of 10,000 Req Points.
>
> • In terms of aiming, a lot of people have many different aiming preferences, but generally I’ve found it better to keep a lower looking sensitivity, usually around 4 for me, with both deadzones set to 0. But that’s my preference, and definitely won’t be the same for everyone. You should mess with these settings and see if you’re more comfortable with something else, and if you wind up wanting to go back to what you have now, you can always revert them back to the default again. If you want to just get better at aiming in general, mostly it just comes with playing more, but you could also try playing gamemodes that focus a lot more on precision weapons, like Snipers, SWAT, or even just Firefight to get a hold of the controls more.
>
> • Don’t know if this is common knowledge to all new players yet, but if your shields are low, try not to Sprint, as they will not start to recharge unless you are just moving around normal base speed.
>
> Hope some of this helped! If not, ah well.

Thank you! Everything helps! Ill.try some of those out!

Hey OP I’m new also and what has helped me with my aiming was setting look sensitivity to 2 and acceleration to 4 with both deadzones to 0. But like uuv stated it’s a personal preference so see what works for you. Just a quick one on unlocking Silver Req packs, you know you’ll have unlocked everything in Silver once they return you two 1500 Req point cards, once that happens you can move onto Gold. Also try all game types and see what suits you the best as you’ll have more fun that way. Also maybe try get someone or join a spartan company to play with as the more experienced players can help you a lot rather than playing solo… Also I agree with blazin hellion that youtube is very useful and I follow Proximitty and enjoy his videos. All the best and see you on the battlefield :wink:

> 2535461339840779;5:
> Hey OP I’m new also and what has helped me with my aiming was setting look sensitivity to 2 and acceleration to 4 with both deadzones to 0. But like uuv stated it’s a personal preference so see what works for you. Just a quick one on unlocking Silver Req packs, you know you’ll have unlocked everything in Silver once they return you two 1500 Req point cards, once that happens you can move onto Gold. Also try all game types and see what suits you the best as you’ll have more fun that way. Also maybe try get someone or join a spartan company to play with as the more experienced players can help you a lot rather than playing solo… Also I agree with blazin hellion that youtube is very useful and I follow Proximitty and enjoy his videos. All the best and see you on the battlefield :wink:

Thank you so much! Sweet yeah I’ll try that, so silver first ok…then gold will do! Yes see you on the field for sure!!! :slight_smile:

If you need a buddy to play with let me know and I’ll join you 🖒

The best advice i can give is playing the campaign. Are you new to Halo or just Halo 5? Campaign will get you familiar with weapons , vehicles and your Spartan Abilities without getting you killed over and over online. I played Warzone Firefight endlessly because all the enemies are AI. BUT I played firefight too much and ranked up to SR150 so now I get matched up against high SR and I’m not used to playing against humans in Arena. Balance your gameplay, play different Game types but use campaign too sharpen skills.

> 2535460288168208;8:
> The best advice i can give is playing the campaign. Are you new to Halo or just Halo 5? Campaign will get you familiar with weapons , vehicles and your Spartan Abilities without getting you killed over and over online. I played Warzone Firefight endlessly because all the enemies are AI. BUT I played firefight too much and ranked up to SR150 so now I get matched up against high SR and I’m not used to playing against humans in Arena. Balance your gameplay, play different Game types but use campaign too sharpen skills.

Yes I’m playing the campaign :slight_smile: I have played other halos but not so intently…I have rigged my sensitivity, and recoil n’ all I’m improving way faster now. I was jus tin warzone and that helps too and it’s fun!!! Thanks yeah ido both…for the achievements too ; )

First of, welcome.
second, get use to the AR (assault rifle), magnum, and BR (battle rifle)
these weapons are the most likely weapons you will spawn with
as someone said before look at Proximitty’s tutorials playlist -> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCpZWI1OAWKxQdlm3-V4M6ilBgkutWOLz (copy this link and paste in the address bar)
good luck, have fun, enjoy yourself, and see you in the arena.

I’m not sure how well versed you are with aiming with a controller, but this little tidbit a friend told me made my aim way better:
Try aiming with BOTH STICKS.
Use the right stick (the one you look around with) to get your cross-hair close to whatever you’re aiming at, and then use your left stick (the one you walk with) and just walk in the appropriate direction to bring your aim home. Rinse. Repeat. Victory.
Basically you now have two tools for aiming, one stick does the heavy work, and the other just fine-tunes the last bit.

I did that playing trough the Campaign (preferably on legendary, more shooting that way), since that’s a pretty calm and controlled environment.
Doing it meticulously, on every enemy and it improved my aim immensely!
It’s all about re-training muscle-memory.
I found that multiplayer got a little to hectic for me when trying to change the very basics of my play-style.

Other than that you can always do some Octogon, if nothing else it is at least a good way of warming up.

After that you can try learning map movement. Remember to contest power-ups and power-weapons in Arena, since they can turn the tide of a match drastically.
Power-ups (Overshield and Invisibility) always re-spawn 2:01 minutes after pick-up.
Power-weapons spawn at fixed times, and there is always a marker that comes up 30 sec before it’ll spawn.

Try sticking close to a team-mate, they are excellent bait and meat-shields!
You have markers to where your team-mates are, and that usually means that’s NOT where your enemy is; narrowing down the areas you need pay attention to.
If there is gunfire close to a team-mate, that means you can probably go flank the enemy, but do so cautiously so that you don’t get picked off by other enemies.
If you manage to flank, prioritise targets: People shooting (or seeing) you comes first, and try not spamming your shots. If you do it good you might be able to dispatch of an enemy without his team-mate standing next to him even noticing.

Hopefully some of these pointers can help you out!

First off, play the campaign. Gives you plenty of time to learn the controls and practice. Opportunities to use many weapons and vehicles there as well.

With the “REQ Pack” loot boxes, go from Bronze to Silver to Gold. Bronze loot boxes are cheap, but give you some REQs to get you started in Warzone. Silvers will contain two permanent unlocks from Common, Uncommon, and Rare tiers. Once you stop getting permanent unlocks from the Silver loot boxes, then you move on to the Gold loot boxes. Just note that these loot boxes are not player-friendly, and it’s going to take well over 3,000,000 REQ points if you want all the permanent unlocks, or just under $1000.

Gameplay-wise, try to stick with the team. A lot of the time, going out solo usually results in feeding the enemy team more kills/points, which you don’t want to to. Sticking with the team will help you out a lot with results. Team-shotting helps kill enemies faster, and the more people you have in a group make you harder to challenge. Just be careful not to group up too closely, because you can end up blocking teammates if they need to backpedal, or you can all end up getting wiped by a well-placed rocket.

> 2533274863760549;12:
> First off, play the campaign. Gives you plenty of time to learn the controls and practice. Opportunities to use many weapons and vehicles there as well.
>
> With the “REQ Pack” loot boxes, go from Bronze to Silver to Gold. Bronze loot boxes are cheap, but give you some REQs to get you started in Warzone. Silvers will contain two permanent unlocks from Common, Uncommon, and Rare tiers. Once you stop getting permanent unlocks from the Silver loot boxes, then you move on to the Gold loot boxes. Just note that these loot boxes are not player-friendly, and it’s going to take well over 3,000,000 REQ points if you want all the permanent unlocks, or just under $1000.
>
> Gameplay-wise, try to stick with the team. A lot of the time, going out solo usually results in feeding the enemy team more kills/points, which you don’t want to to. Sticking with the team will help you out a lot with results. Team-shotting helps kill enemies faster, and the more people you have in a group make you harder to challenge. Just be careful not to group up too closely, because you can end up blocking teammates if they need to backpedal, or you can all end up getting wiped by a well-placed rocket.

Thank you!

With the REQ System I startedbuyimg Bronze REQ packs, it was cheaps and it unlocked common things that helped me to start, but when it stop giving me even the common things I haven’t unlock then (the 5 time) I started to buy Silver REQ packs; today in still buying those REQ packs, I think until I unlock all the Common, uncommon and Rare things… Or until it stops unlocking things.

About aim, hmm in my case I use low levels of sensibility, like 3 or even 2. I only know that when the Reticule is red is when the bullets are more hmm magnetic.

I’mstill a noob and a new player in Halo 5, it is harder. Than the others in my opinion. I wish you good luck!!!

Try Forge and build some cool stuff. But be warned, it might consume you and you wont be able to stop! It is the best mode after all.

> 2533274797303698;15:
> Try Forge and build some cool stuff. But be warned, it might consume you and you wont be able to stop! It is the best mode after all.

Ugh oh…sounds dangerous lol

> 2535416251930389;16:
> > 2533274797303698;15:
> > Try Forge and build some cool stuff. But be warned, it might consume you and you wont be able to stop! It is the best mode after all.
>
> Ugh oh…sounds dangerous lol

On a serious note, its actually really fun. It adds lots more elements to Halo making it not only a FPS. You can create maps, prefabs, mini games, and just lots of cool stuff.

> 2533274797303698;17:
> > 2535416251930389;16:
> > > 2533274797303698;15:
> > > Try Forge and build some cool stuff. But be warned, it might consume you and you wont be able to stop! It is the best mode after all.
> >
> > Ugh oh…sounds dangerous lol
>
> On a serious note, its actually really fun. It adds lots more elements to Halo making it not only a FPS. You can create maps, prefabs, mini games, and just lots of cool stuff.

Sweet

> 2535446745236801;11:
> I’m not sure how well versed you are with aiming with a controller, but this little tidbit a friend told me made my aim way better:
> Try aiming with BOTH STICKS.
> Use the right stick (the one you look around with) to get your cross-hair close to whatever you’re aiming at, and then use your left stick (the one you walk with) and just walk in the appropriate direction to bring your aim home. Rinse. Repeat. Victory.
> Basically you now have two tools for aiming, one stick does the heavy work, and the other just fine-tunes the last bit.
>
> I did that playing trough the Campaign (preferably on legendary, more shooting that way), since that’s a pretty calm and controlled environment.
> Doing it meticulously, on every enemy and it improved my aim immensely!
> It’s all about re-training muscle-memory.
> I found that multiplayer got a little to hectic for me when trying to change the very basics of my play-style.
>
> Other than that you can always do some Octogon, if nothing else it is at least a good way of warming up.
>
> After that you can try learning map movement. Remember to contest power-ups and power-weapons in Arena, since they can turn the tide of a match drastically.
> Power-ups (Overshield and Invisibility) always re-spawn 2:01 minutes after pick-up.
> Power-weapons spawn at fixed times, and there is always a marker that comes up 30 sec before it’ll spawn.
>
> Try sticking close to a team-mate, they are excellent bait and meat-shields!
> You have markers to where your team-mates are, and that usually means that’s NOT where your enemy is; narrowing down the areas you need pay attention to.
> If there is gunfire close to a team-mate, that means you can probably go flank the enemy, but do so cautiously so that you don’t get picked off by other enemies.
> If you manage to flank, prioritise targets: People shooting (or seeing) you comes first, and try not spamming your shots. If you do it good you might be able to dispatch of an enemy without his team-mate standing next to him even noticing.
>
> Hopefully some of these pointers can help you out!

Thank you so much, your great!
<p><p></p></p>

> 2535446745236801;11:
> I’m not sure how well versed you are with aiming with a controller, but this little tidbit a friend told me made my aim way better:
> Try aiming with BOTH STICKS.
> Use the right stick (the one you look around with) to get your cross-hair close to whatever you’re aiming at, and then use your left stick (the one you walk with) and just walk in the appropriate direction to bring your aim home. Rinse. Repeat. Victory.
> Basically you now have two tools for aiming, one stick does the heavy work, and the other just fine-tunes the last bit.
>
> I did that playing trough the Campaign (preferably on legendary, more shooting that way), since that’s a pretty calm and controlled environment.
> Doing it meticulously, on every enemy and it improved my aim immensely!
> It’s all about re-training muscle-memory.
> I found that multiplayer got a little to hectic for me when trying to change the very basics of my play-style.
>
> Other than that you can always do some Octogon, if nothing else it is at least a good way of warming up.
>
> After that you can try learning map movement. Remember to contest power-ups and power-weapons in Arena, since they can turn the tide of a match drastically.
> Power-ups (Overshield and Invisibility) always re-spawn 2:01 minutes after pick-up.
> Power-weapons spawn at fixed times, and there is always a marker that comes up 30 sec before it’ll spawn.
>
> Try sticking close to a team-mate, they are excellent bait and meat-shields!
> You have markers to where your team-mates are, and that usually means that’s NOT where your enemy is; narrowing down the areas you need pay attention to.
> If there is gunfire close to a team-mate, that means you can probably go flank the enemy, but do so cautiously so that you don’t get picked off by other enemies.
> If you manage to flank, prioritise targets: People shooting (or seeing) you comes first, and try not spamming your shots. If you do it good you might be able to dispatch of an enemy without his team-mate standing next to him even noticing.
>
> Hopefully some of these pointers can help you out!

Yes yes thank you! I believe I have been the meat shield l o l…