Tips and tricks for halo multiplayer

So, many of you want to get better at playing halo, correct? I will provide some tips and tricks.

1. Play the campaign. Get to know your weapons, equipment, and controller settings in campaign and when you feel
    confident with them, then play multiplayer.
  2. Go in forge mode and study the maps. Fly around everywhere looking for every nook and cranny to use to your advantage. Also go around as a normal Spartan on the map and expose the limits of the map.
  3. Play the game type octagon a lot. Grab a friend and play a round or two of octagon before playing multiplayer. You will see a change in your shooting.
    4.pay attention to everything that happens in game. You don’t want to be sniping or on a rampage and then be oblivious to someone waiting to ambush you.
  4. Get a good load out set up. There are plenty of good load outs to try. Do what I call the 2 week trial. Play the load out for 2 weeks and if you don’t like it then choose a new one. This allows you to have a chance o get used to the load out.
  5. Do not get frustrated. Frustration leads to playing poorly. Your enemy will try to frustrate you and discourage you. Take a 5 min break when this happens and come back and try again. You won’t be perfect at first, it takes practice!

halo 4 = trash

Was this whole thread talking about Halo 4?

I think another tip, that’s helped me a lot in the past few weeks is: MOVE! Do not be stationary. I watched the HCS Season 2 over the weekend and could not believe how mobile these dudes were. And it kept them alive and made the difference between life and death. Play with friends who are better than you. Sounds counter intuitive but it’ll force you to make better decisions and not be sloppy. Watch your replays. It’s a bit humbling to see how crappy your movements are or see the mistakes you made.

I’ve heard people talk about Octagon a lot. Is it a map, a game type, or both? What’s so useful about it? Please explain.

> 2533274799092454;2:
> halo 4 = trash

GG, you’re in the wrong thread.

> 2533274799092454;2:
> halo 4 = trash

Way to completely miss the point of the thread. Good one.

> 2533274873843883;5:
> I’ve heard people talk about Octagon a lot. Is it a map, a game type, or both? What’s so useful about it? Please explain.

Its a Forge Map. I don’t think it will help you that much because its a big empty space with just you and your opponent. You will almost never have 1v1’s like you do in the Octagon. Good Players will always try to outsmart you with their environment, strafing back and forth some rocks or other objects.
To get better at Halo you best keep playing and playing the Game. Always look to find new openings on maps from where you can crossfire.

> 2533274992528586;8:
> > 2533274873843883;5:
> > I’ve heard people talk about Octagon a lot. Is it a map, a game type, or both? What’s so useful about it? Please explain.
>
>
> Its a Forge Map. I don’t think it will help you that much because its a big empty space with just you and your opponent. You will almost never have 1v1’s like you do in the Octagon. Good Players will always try to outsmart you with their environment, strafing back and forth some rocks or other objects.
> To get better at Halo you best keep playing and playing the Game. Always look to find new openings on maps from where you can crossfire.

Wow. I can’t think of anything that sounds like more of a grind. I’d rather be mediocre and happy than crack shot and miserable. Thanks for the info.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam or revive old topics.</mark>

> 2533274799092454;2:
> halo 4 = trash

Preach!