Time Warner cant keep up?

Since the release of Halo 5 my group of friends have been grinding SWAT and Breakout but 2 of them always seem to have connection issues by either: Everyone is frozen except them or all they will disconnect constantly. They both use Time Warner. So that leaves the question, Is Time Warner not able to connect to the Halo 5 dedicated servers?

Is anybody else having issues with people freezing or getting disconnected multiple times a game?

I have Time Warner it’s been running smooth since day 2. Day 1 had trouble connecting but I just assumed it was day 1 traffic.

I have TWC also and have been having major lag issues. I explained what’s going on in another thread in these same forums about TWC here.

I also have TWC and have been unable to play a matchmaking game the last 2 days or so. I constantly freeze with people walking into walls then respawn and pay about 10 seconds before it just repeats the entire match. I have been notified that 343 is aware of the TWC compatibility issue though and are working towards a fix. I just hope it doesn’t take much longer, it will hurt them in the long run if it does.

Time Warner here, no problems.

> 2533274818253140;4:
> I also have TWC and have been unable to play a matchmaking game the last 2 days or so. I constantly freeze with people walking into walls then respawn and pay about 10 seconds before it just repeats the entire match. I have been notified that 343 is aware of the TWC compatibility issue though and are working towards a fix. I just hope it doesn’t take much longer, it will hurt them in the long run if it does.

Working towards a fix, thats adorable. They have had compatibility issues with TWC since the release of MCC. They never said a word about it and just let the people who have them as an ISP suffer. Myself included. It’s quite annoying, but if they are actually working towards a fix for it that’d be great. Because I am fairly certain that my 55 down 5 up <10 ping shouldn’t lag on any game with dedicated servers at this point.

TWC User here and yeah I have the same issue, it has absolutely killed any and all enjoyment I get from this game. Constantly disconnecting with other players running straight forward. The only thing I’ve ever found to help is when you D/C kill yourself and it seems to alleviate the issue. Not sure if it actually considers it suicide in terms of score though.

I’m from the UK and am having issues with connection too, so not just those in the US. (I’m not with Time Warner obviously).

Also having problems here! Twc is my ISP too. Hope they fix it

Comcast is my provider and I have been having the same exact problem. Seems like a lot of other players are as well. Game is unplayable in multiplayer or co-op for me. All other games I own work just fine on my internet and my NAT is open. Very frustrating and making me loose even more faith in 343i.

Halo 5 servers dont work well with certain ISP, TWC, -Yoink!- and apparently Charter either (my ISP) 343 says they are “working” on it but i dont expect anything soon. ive called my ISP and Xbox support and they all say its the game not anything on our part. So we have to wait for 343 to pull their heads out of the dirt

> 2533274852600257;11:
> Halo 5 servers dont work well with certain ISP, TWC, -Yoink!- and apparently Charter either (my ISP) 343 says they are “working” on it but i dont expect anything soon. ive called my ISP and Xbox support and they all say its the game not anything on our part. So we have to wait for 343 to pull their heads out of the dirt

Where do you see that 343 has said they are working on it?

i haven’t even bothered to try playing matchmaking or co-op campaign tonight. I just played the campaign solo. I hope there’s some new on this being fixed by the weekend.

on their twitter, they say they know of the issue and are working on it. ive had this issue since saturday morning… only played 2 FULL games over the last 3 days

> 2533274852600257;13:
> on their twitter, they say they know of the issue and are working on it. ive had this issue since saturday morning… only played 2 FULL games over the last 3 days

I’m not on Twitter, or any social media for that matter, so thanks for the info.

I’ve had issues since Thursday night. (Like I said above, I didn’t even try tonight though.)

Try changing your DNS’S do a DNS lookup to see which one supports you best. Even try changing it to googles 8.8.8.8 DNS or something to just test it out. If you dont know what im talking about google it…Cuz its lengthy in explanation but simply implemented.

> 2768507449524640;15:
> Try changing your DNS’S do a DNS lookup to see which one supports you best. Even try changing it to googles 8.8.8.8 DNS or something to just test it out. If you dont know what im talking about google it…Cuz its lengthy in explanation but simply implemented.

This doesn’t work.

Nor does forwarding ports.

Nor does disabling/enabling UPnP.

Nor does putting the console in DMZ.

You can call time warner and ask them to reset the modem on their end by sending ‘data stream’ to your modem, and it will work for that session, but if you leave Halo, it will come right back.

> 2614366390842129;16:
> > 2768507449524640;15:
> > Try changing your DNS’S do a DNS lookup to see which one supports you best. Even try changing it to googles 8.8.8.8 DNS or something to just test it out. If you dont know what im talking about google it…Cuz its lengthy in explanation but simply implemented.
>
>
> This doesn’t work.
>
> Nor does forwarding ports.
>
> Nor does disabling/enabling UPnP.
>
> Nor does putting the console in DMZ.
>
> You can call time warner and ask them to reset the modem on their end by sending ‘data stream’ to your modem, and it will work for that session, but if you leave Halo, it will come right back.

I’ve also noticed that if I hard reset my modem everything will work very very well for about 5-10 minutes. Then the lag comes back just as before.

TWC here the only “disconnects” i experience are the post game rewards/stat screens not loading and saying “cant retrieve game data”

I have twc its working fine. But my buddy has twc in the same city is experiencing the issues u guys are having

> 2768507449524640;19:
> I have twc its working fine. But my buddy has twc in the same city is experiencing the issues u guys are having

I’m having a ton of issues but each of my brothers, all living about 20 miles apart, have TWC as well with no problems what so ever. My youngest brother has the cheapest and slowest internet TWC offers to top it off. I have the fastest they offer. Just crazy.