Time Warner Cable Lag issues....CANT PLAY!!!!

I live in Buffalo NY in the city. I have had this issue since launch and have done everthing possible to fix it. Every game I start I lag and will start walking into walls of 10-20 seconds at a time, sometimes less sometimes more. I sometimes lag out of games completley getting the error(connection to server has timed out).There are hundreds of people having this issue! I have bought 3 routers/modems the Arris Surfboard SB6141 paired with an Apple Airport extream, I tried the Netgear AC1750, as well as the rented equipment time warner cable has givin me the motorolla surfboard SBG6580 all of which have the exact same issue. I have forwarded all the propper ports, set up DMZ, disabled uPnP, Disabled Firewalls, set up the google DNS and even connected the modem directly to the xbox with the same laggy results. I have had techs to my house to rewire the entire setup that did not help, I have been on the phone with TWC for over 5 hours on 3 seperate days with no results I also Have called Microsoft for more than an hour with nothing to show for it except being told it is not them. TWC said that even if it is them the only way they can fix it is to find out where the server halo is being hosted from is at and what is slowing down the routing of my xbox to it. I thought maybe it was my xbox so i bought a new one of those to try that and still I got the same results. I am a HUGE Halo fan and this is the only game that I cannot play… It is beyond frustrating when all I am being told is “its not us its them”. Someone needs to Fix this becuase in my area there is no other high speed internet provider so I am stuck with TWC. Also I should mention that 3 other people who live within 10 minitues of me also have TWC and are having no issues… If anyone has any way of making this work please let me know!

I have exactly the same issue. Optimum customer from Long Island, NY. I have 50/25 wired connection. Xbox shows 86ms latency, open ports, no NAT issues, 1414 MTU. No other games are laggy. I have new dashboard.

Same issue but ISP is Comcast Xfinity. I have the best internet money can buy in this city and it is all working just fine but I cant play my $60 lag simulator to save my life. Meanwhile, my friend hundreds of miles away has some 6mbps scrub lord internet and he plays just fine.

Do you think this will take 8 months to fix like the Master Chief Collection garbage?

Same here, tried everything.

I have same issues…I bought the 90 buck digital edition of halo 5 Tuesday and is now saturday…have not been able to complete 1 pvp match without lagging and or getting booted for my supposed lag…I have a 32mbps plan with time warner cable and I consistently get 34 to 36mbps down and 5 or 6 mpbs up…had twc check my cables from inside the house all the way the the line outside on the pole and then check the line on the pole…he replaced a perfectly working arris modem/router combo on side of caution. I can play cod , destiny, and titanfall to name a few with zero lag or issues…called microsoft to let them know and all they would do is blame twc…problem is obviously with halo 5…way to go 343 on making hard to report to you my issue as I can’t find a site or Facebook page that is yours but is all fan made lol

It’s pathetic that this has gone on for almost a year now. From the day MCC came out I’ve had the exact issue OP talks about. I’ve tried every troubleshoot you can imagine. (opening ports, switching dns/ip settings, literally everything.) I was really excited for Halo 5 and I haven’t been excited for a game in quite some time, other than MCC oddly enough. It’s just aggravating to pay money to get these games and then not be able to play them to any sort of functionality just because of bad luck with our ISP. 343i or Microsoft need to get their -Yoink- together and make it so ISPs don’t interfere with our gaming experience, because it shouldn’t to begin with.

My experience with Halo 5 Multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwbIhoFCfYU

Bump

I also have time warner cable, highest speed money can buy for our area in Upper Central New York State, and have been experiencing the same lag issues mentioned above since Thursday.

I woke up at 3:00 AM on Tuesday, before work, and played warzone with no issues. Then when I got home Tuesday night played co-op campaign with no issues. Wednesday I was busy and didn’t get to play. Tried playing co-op campaign on Thursday night and couldn’t due to lag. Since then, co/op campaign and matchmaking have been unplayable at times and barely playable at best.

Note: I only seem to have lag issues if I’m playing with someone else. If I go into matchmaking solo, it seems fine. (And obviously the campaign solo if fine.) The strange thing is each of my brothers have TWC as their service providers as well and they have absolutely no issues at all. One of them has the slowest and cheapest speed TWC provides, to top it off. But, both have different modems that what I have. In fact, we each have a different modem from one another. No clue if this has anything to do with it. I probably should add that we have no issues with lag in any other game or with wifi either.

I am am not part of the Xbox preview program.

Hey guys! Alright, so I have Comcast as my ISP as well and I’ve been getting owned by the lag. I reached out to Microsoft last night because nobody from 343i has said ANYTHING related to this. However the Microsoft tech that I spoke with told me that they are aware of the issue with several ISPs and are working as fast as they can to get this fixed.

As for 343i goes, I really wish somebody would step up and just say something. Anything, would make me happy.

Here’s a screen shot of the conversation in case anybody wants to read it
Imgur

EDIT: he did not say when we can expect it to be fixed. Just that it’s being worked on ASAP.

> 2533274795103894;10:
> Hey guys! Alright, so I have Comcast as my ISP as well and I’ve been getting owned by the lag. I reached out to Microsoft last night because nobody from 343i has said ANYTHING related to this. However the Microsoft tech that I spoke with told me that they are aware of the issue with several ISPs and are working as fast as they can to get this fixed.
>
> As for 343i goes, I really wish somebody would step up and just say something. Anything, would make me happy.
>
> Here’s a screen shot of the conversation in case anybody wants to read it
> http://imgur.com/dCN1ffJ
>
> EDIT: he did not say when we can expect it to be fixed. Just that it’s being worked on ASAP.

I’ll lazy link that for you Here.

Has anything been resolved yet?

bump

> 2678703528375484;12:
> Has anything been resolved yet?

Nope, tried a simple co-op session 10 minutes ago…still Lag City

Any update from anyone?

Saw someone say that 343 is aware and looking into a fix specific to TWC connections on twitter - anyone have that link? I can’t find it.

All I’ve saw is a guy in the other TWC thread said that 343 acknowledged the problem on their Twitter and said they are working toward a fix. I’m not on Twitter or any social media so I can’t verify what he said.

I am still having issues exactly the same as before. I have a tech coming to my house (again) today to try a different rented modem seeing as how the 3 I have purchased haven’t fixed the issue. I have posted on reddit and time warner fourm’s with no comments from any official sources… I even reached out to bravo(former mlg pro and now 343 community manager) and have received no response…

Time Warner Fourm:
http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Connectivity/Horrible-lag-and-disconnects/td-p/85655/page/2

Reddit:

Here is a post someone made in another thread in this same section of the forums. You’ll have to copy and paste the link he provided to his conversation with TWC customer support.

Has anyone tried playing recently to see if anything has been resolved for them?

I’ve been playing but its still laggy and freezes up. Don’t think they quite have it fixed yet. Hopefully soon!