time warner cable and halo 5, bad unplayabe lag

i am experiencing unplayable lag in halo 5 i have timewarner cable and my connection is fine i have 50 down and 6 up i highly doubt that is going to cause the issue. i dont have this issue for every other game except halo masterchief collection and halo 5, every 10-30 seconds i see people running into walls and it black screens either it kicks me or pops me somewhere random and i am not able to do anythng at that point it is realy frustrating as i have been waiting for this game and this is happening please if anyone knows how to fix this it i would appreciate it i have seen alot of other people having issues with timewarner cable.

Yep same here
38 down
7 up
12 ping
NAT is open
Not in preview program, provider is time warner. Thanks

I’m on TWC and haven’t been plagued by major issues, but I did have to set up a static IP and opened the ports for my Xbox One since the MCC (mostly H3) was always horribly lagging.

TWC as well, and I have had no major lag issues. I didn’t have to change any settings or routers. I did suffer from incredible lag on online co op on MCC, but that was rare.

Also I did have to adjust the settings in the modem they provided to handle the cable, internet, and phone to get my nat open.

I’m also on experiencing lag with Time Warner. Co-op is unplayable. Other users with same issues can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3qhua7/halo_5_multiplayer_vs_time_warner_cable/

I have TWC and have the same issue called them they said call Xbox called Xbox they said cuz it’s the first day of the launch…but knowing other people have the exact same problem as me with TWC it’s them something needs to be done or addressed about this

It really isn’t uncommon for popular multiplayer games to experience these issues within the first 24-48 hrs of launch. I have TWC as well, and played for a good 4 hours in Warzone last night with some friends, and none of us had any major issues with lagging (or lagging enemies). In fact I was only disconnected twice during my 6 hour stream session yesterday, and it was during campaign.

I also have time warner. 35 down 10 up. Best in my area unfortunately. I have not had any connection issues in other games, but halo 5 I’ll be running straight, then teleport 500 feet backwards off a cliff. Every game I see people running into walls and then I am teleported, usually to my death. The few games this hasn’t happened, I’ve had a ton of fun, so please fix this 343.

I had the same problem. I have Time Warner Cable / TWC. I fixed it today by buying a new modem. I found that a Motorola Surfboard Modem SB6121 / SB6141 was the problem. A lot of forums complain about those modems and I went to a Netgear CM500 from best buy. So far so good and no lag at all like I had in MCC and Halo 5.

Hyfax

I ran the same connection 50/6 my buddy runs 20/3 and he has no situation same company but I’m the one with the problem so I switched to his and the problem is somewhat fixed I still lag but not as often explain that cuz I don’t get it

I am also a Time Warner Cable customer in Western NY. My console is in the DMZ with Open NAT and I have 35mbps download 7mbps upload. Everything was going smoothly last night then it started getting bad quickly. The lag makes the game unplayable, constantly disconnecting me from the servers and just watching people run in a straight line into walls. Is anyone going to address this issue? It seems pretty widespread for TWC customers. Also not in preview program.

Same here. Time warner cable is our provider and the game is unplayable most of the time. People walk into walls and we are continuously kicked

Same here. What is going on here?

I have twc and get disconnected ever 3 matches and cont play until I reset my Xbox . I have 2 Xbox ones playing halo as well but I don’t have the issue if only one Xbox is online

Yep…TWC Customer here having the same issue. And its only a problem with Halo. Destiny, GTA, or basic web browsing is running as expected

I remember having the same issue in Halo MCC multiplayer as well. People would start running into walls for 30+ seconds. Then everything would return to normal for another minute or so before repeating it again.

As someone who enjoys Halo on a competitive level, this is incredibly aggravating. TWC or 343 desperately needs to address this, whoever the culprit is.

I swapped my DOCSIS 3 modem for a DOCSIS 2 modem based on advice from a post online. I haven’t had any issues for 3 days whereas before I was getting sporadic lag and many disconnects.

Here is a list of some DOCSIS 2 allowed modems on Time Warner: http://bit.ly/1iQYrlh.

I realize this isn’t a good permanent solution, but it is a decent temporary fix.

> 2682724599464599;17:
> I swapped my DOCSIS 3 modem for a DOCSIS 2 modem based on advice from a post online. I haven’t had any issues for 3 days whereas before I was getting sporadic lag and many disconnects.
>
> Here is a list of some DOCSIS 2 allowed modems on Time Warner: http://bit.ly/1iQYrlh.
>
> I realize this isn’t a good permanent solution, but it is a decent temporary fix.

I have a DOCSIS 2 SB5101 and I still have the problems.

I’m seeing a pattern twc sucks I have the same problem

> 2533274951859108;19:
> I’m seeing a pattern twc sucks I have the same problem

Yeah I mean its a given they suck but only with Halo 5 these days. EVERYTHING else works… everything… So I’m calling bull on 343.