Time to settle which way is better

At this moment in time there are two trains of thought on halo 4. Those people who love it and think its going in the right direction and then those who hate it since reach and feel like its a halo skinned Call of Duty.

I’m personally in the latter group and I very much doubt that halo 5 will go back to what I personally thought halo multiplayer is about and what I have seen from the population still playing on-line I’m not the only one who dislikes the route halo has taken. The reason for this is because they still want to tap into the massive COD market and that going back means admitting mistakes.

There is one easy solution for 343, to once and for all find what market is best for the halo franchise in terms of sales and longevity of the game. Release Halo 2 anniversary and make the multiplayer an evolved version of halo 3, not the revolutions to the concepts and formulae we got in halo 4.

This way Microsoft and 343 know who is willing to buy the game and also stay with and of course the more people who stay with it the more lucrative its DLC business will be.

Microsoft is a very shrewd company and is successful because of it, so I’m certain such an idea has been thrown around the conference table, I just really hope that it’s something they follow through with. I think the industry needs one company to stand up against COD and show the rest there are different ways to make Multiplayer other than the standard unlocks, perks, loadouts and killstreaks model that has completely and utterly dominated the FPS landscape.

Or they could say -Yoink- all that, make 5 classic playlists and 5 infinity playlists, and call it good.

Making things harder than they need to be.

> Or they could say -Yoink!- all that, make 5 classic playlists and 5 infinity playlists, and call it good.
>
> Making things harder than they need to be.

They dont want to “split” the community. Which has already been done

> > Or they could say -Yoink!- all that, make 5 classic playlists and 5 infinity playlists, and call it good.
> >
> > Making things harder than they need to be.
>
> They dont want to “split” the community. Which has already been done

It’s pretty much impossible for them to merge the two communities.

Some people hate the specific changes halo 4 has made, some are stuck up their own -Yoink- and hate any change altogether, and some don’t want to go back to traditional halo at all.

Forcing them into the same gamemodes is just going to hurt the game in the long run.

Chances are that you have to wait till Halo 5 for multiplayer, however 343 are really dedicated and want to fix halo.

> Chances are that you have to wait till Halo 5 for multiplayer, <mark>however 343 are really dedicated and want to fix halo.</mark>

If they’ll only go halfway with fixes like they’ve been doing, pass.

> > Chances are that you have to wait till Halo 5 for multiplayer, <mark>however 343 are really dedicated and want to fix halo.</mark>
>
> If they’ll only go halfway with fixes like they’ve been doing, pass.

Well, they are kinda limited with Halo 4, that’s why I’m waiting till 5. Hopefully they know what to do by then.

> > > Or they could say -Yoink!- all that, make 5 classic playlists and 5 infinity playlists, and call it good.
> > >
> > > Making things harder than they need to be.
> >
> > They dont want to “split” the community. Which has already been done
>
> It’s pretty much impossible for them to merge the two communities.
>
> Some people hate the specific changes halo 4 has made, some are stuck up their own -Yoink!- and hate any change altogether, and some don’t want to go back to traditional halo at all.
>
> Forcing them into the same gamemodes is just going to hurt the game in the long run.

Thing is you can never please both communities since everyone has different tastes. The only thing 343 is to figure what game sells best and has longevity.

Theres no differentiation in the FPS market. Don’t misunderstand me, I do enjoy COD and play with friends time to time but I prefer Halo and I can’t get my fix because no one wants to play a game released a game 5/6 years ago because something new is out.

> > > Chances are that you have to wait till Halo 5 for multiplayer, <mark>however 343 are really dedicated and want to fix halo.</mark>
> >
> > If they’ll only go halfway with fixes like they’ve been doing, pass.
>
> Well, they are kinda limited with Halo 4, that’s why I’m waiting till 5. <mark>Hopefully they know what to do by then.</mark>

A lot of faith in a studio who couldn’t even get the X right.

> > > Chances are that you have to wait till Halo 5 for multiplayer, <mark>however 343 are really dedicated and want to fix halo.</mark>
> >
> > If they’ll only go halfway with fixes like they’ve been doing, pass.
>
> Well, they are kinda limited with Halo 4, that’s why I’m waiting till 5. Hopefully they know what to do by then.

They’re the developers, they make the game. They’re only as limited as they make themselves.

Sorry I actually think 343 is trying to make a decent game geez. You people just HATE on them don’t you?

> Sorry I actually think 343 is trying to make a decent game geez. <mark>You people just HATE on them don’t you?</mark>

Not without reason. I mean, for a studio who is dedicated to fixing and managing Halo…they are sort of half-assing it. “Yo 343i, can we get the static red X back upon death?” “No problem community, here is a white, hard to see X that vanishes quickly because of instant respawns and travels with your dead corpse and thus defeats the purpose of pointing out where you died!”

-_-

> Sorry I actually think 343 is trying to make a decent game geez. You people just HATE on them don’t you?

Well if the community believe they are taking the wrong route and trying to be something its not, isn’t our duty as fans to make them aware? Of course we’re going to be angry and therefore “hate” but its because its a franchise that many people love and enjoy because of the role filled but now it’s moved so far away from that.

> > > > Chances are that you have to wait till Halo 5 for multiplayer, <mark>however 343 are really dedicated and want to fix halo.</mark>
> > >
> > > If they’ll only go halfway with fixes like they’ve been doing, pass.
> >
> > Well, they are kinda limited with Halo 4, that’s why I’m waiting till 5. <mark>Hopefully they know what to do by then.</mark>
>
> <mark>A lot of faith in a studio who couldn’t even get the X right</mark>.

HAHAHAHA thats so true we have absolutely no reason to trust 343 anymore they messed up big time with this game

> Sorry I actually think 343 is trying to make a decent game geez. You people just HATE on them don’t you?

It’s called constructive criticism. It’s something that 343 has, obviously, been ignoring even when they say that they listen to feedback. This is where the “hating” begins and, in this case, is justifiable.

> > Sorry I actually think 343 is trying to make a decent game geez. <mark>You people just HATE on them don’t you?</mark>
>
> Not without reason. I mean, for a studio who is dedicated to fixing and managing Halo…they are sort of half-assing it. “Yo 343i, can we get the static red X back upon death?” “No problem community, here is a white, hard to see X that vanishes quickly because of instant respawns and travels with your dead corpse and thus defeats the purpose of pointing out where you died!”
>
> -_-

I’m presuming it was white b/c of the nemesis armour mod. Am I the only one who believes in second chances?

> > Sorry I actually think 343 is trying to make a decent game geez. You people just HATE on them don’t you?
>
> It’s called constructive criticism. It’s something that 343 has, obviously, been ignoring even when they say that they listen to feedback. This is where the “hating” begins and, in this case, is justifiable.

If it was constructive, then why is it just no’s, why nothing other than no , and a reason, no suggestions, no actual anything, just no and hate.

> I’m presuming it was white b/c of the nemesis armour mod.

Is white the only color they could afford? I wouldn’t mind an orange X or any color that doesn’t instantly blend in with the games environments. Besides, the color is only part of the problem.

> Am I the only one who believes in second chances?

I believe in second chances, its just when you make a lot of promises and ask for my trust and then betray said trust and then constantly bungle your attempts at fixing what you broke is when my patience runs dry.

I believe in second chances. Bungie took a leap forward with CE, and that payed off immediately. Mind you, it will come to fruition in time. Remember, Perfection is out of reach, but there is always room for improvement, even if it is only halfway.

> I believe in second chances. Bungie took a leap forward with CE, and that payed off immediately. Mind you, it will come to fruition in time. Remember, Perfection is out of reach, but there is always room for improvement, even if it is only halfway.

Thank you for being the only other person who isn’t hating.