Time to kill

What is everyone’s thoughts on the time to kill seen so far in gameplay?
Looks to me its keeping it quick enough to keep engagements rolling and it seems the AR will be formidable among other weapons.

I think it looks good but how a game looks and how it feels are two very different things. Won’t know for sure until I play it for myself.

it looks decent, but the AR now looks like a beast, not sure if that a good thing tbh.

> 2555390681439134;3:
> it looks decent, but the AR now looks like a beast, not sure if that a good thing tbh.

Really depends if the SMG exists in the game or not to be fair. If there is no SMG I can easily see the AR taking over the space in the sandbox as a closer range automatic weapon.

Commando seems to be a slightly longer range automatic rifle whilst the BR still sits as the main precision weapon. I could easily see the DMR being taken out of the game for launch too.

Overall I do like the looks of the TTK, looks about right for Halo. Although there’s no way to know for sure until we actually get hands on with the game for ourselves.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2555390681439134;3:
> > it looks decent, but the AR now looks like a beast, not sure if that a good thing tbh.
>
> Really depends if the SMG exists in the game or not to be fair. If there is no SMG I can easily see the AR taking over the space in the sandbox as a closer range automatic weapon.
>
> Commando seems to be a slightly longer range automatic rifle whilst the BR still sits as the main precision weapon. I could easily see the DMR being taken out of the game for launch too.
>
> Overall I do like the looks of the TTK, looks about right for Halo. Although there’s no way to know for sure until we actually get hands on with the game for ourselves.

Who’s to say they cant implement weapons such as the SMG or DMR later after launch or maybe CQC variants of weapons to make up those middle grounds.
Even though I could still see such things being unbalanced.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2555390681439134;3:
> > it looks decent, but the AR now looks like a beast, not sure if that a good thing tbh.
>
> Really depends if the SMG exists in the game or not to be fair. If there is no SMG I can easily see the AR taking over the space in the sandbox as a closer range automatic weapon.
>
> Commando seems to be a slightly longer range automatic rifle whilst the BR still sits as the main precision weapon. I could easily see the DMR being taken out of the game for launch too.
>
> Overall I do like the looks of the TTK, looks about right for Halo. Although there’s no way to know for sure until we actually get hands on with the game for ourselves.

I think the monster energy skins confirmed the SMG would be in the game last year iirc.

Looks good if you ask me. Definitely expecting some type of adjustments once the game is released as that is usually what happens.

> 2533274888317569;5:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > 2555390681439134;3:
> > > it looks decent, but the AR now looks like a beast, not sure if that a good thing tbh.
> >
> > Really depends if the SMG exists in the game or not to be fair. If there is no SMG I can easily see the AR taking over the space in the sandbox as a closer range automatic weapon.
> >
> > Commando seems to be a slightly longer range automatic rifle whilst the BR still sits as the main precision weapon. I could easily see the DMR being taken out of the game for launch too.
> >
> > Overall I do like the looks of the TTK, looks about right for Halo. Although there’s no way to know for sure until we actually get hands on with the game for ourselves.
>
> Who’s to say they cant implement weapons such as the SMG or DMR later after launch or maybe CQC variants of weapons to make up those middle grounds.
> Even though I could still see such things being unbalanced.

They’ve already said they plan to add weapons and such post launch, hence why I said “at launch”. I’m not denying that by any degree.
If anything I’d love to see them in the game, they’re good guns.

> 2614366390849210;6:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > it looks decent, but the AR now looks like a beast, not sure if that a good thing tbh.
> >
> > Really depends if the SMG exists in the game or not to be fair. If there is no SMG I can easily see the AR taking over the space in the sandbox as a closer range automatic weapon.
> >
> > Commando seems to be a slightly longer range automatic rifle whilst the BR still sits as the main precision weapon. I could easily see the DMR being taken out of the game for launch too.
> >
> > Overall I do like the looks of the TTK, looks about right for Halo. Although there’s no way to know for sure until we actually get hands on with the game for ourselves.
>
> I think the monster energy skins confirmed the SMG would be in the game last year iirc.

Monster Skins were for the Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Commando & Sidekick. Source. I have them all unlocked & ready to go.

It looks decent.

We just need to play to find out.

I think the time to kill looks great

> 2614366390849210;6:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> >
> >
> >
>
> I think the monster energy skins confirmed the SMG would be in the game last year iirc.

I wish they would do that promotion again…I have a couple of upcoming CPA exams and it would be great if I could keep myself awake to study and get a nice skin in the process.

I like how it is fast, it makes important the use of abilities and stuff like that

the time to kill looks hella short, which in my opinion is bad. I reckon 4-5 BR body shots should kill an enemy. Too shot and it feels like COD rather than Halo. A short time to kill negatively impacts the arena gameplay be encouraging camping rather than exploring the map and gather weapons and equipment. Shorter time to kill is bad. Longer time to kill is where its at, 4-5 BR body shot ideally.

> 2533274888317569;1:
> What is everyone’s thoughts on the time to kill seen so far in gameplay?
> Looks to me its keeping it quick enough to keep engagements rolling and it seems the AR will be formidable among other weapons.

Hard to tell. Many people seemed weak when they were attacked in the montage.

> 2533274888317569;5:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> >
> >
> >
>
> Who’s to say they cant implement weapons such as the SMG or DMR later after launch or maybe CQC variants of weapons to make up those middle grounds.
> Even though I could still see such things being unbalanced.

343 is keeping the sandbox pretty tight this time around. Every weapon shown off so far has a very unique niche and engagement range. I really don’t see 343 adding weapons like the DMR or SMG if they aren’t warranted in the sandbox. There’s no reason to push into other weapon’s roles or else you end up having a BR/LR/DMR/Carbine problem again.

Hell, look at the CQC weapons in the game right now. They all share ranges but behave entirely differently. For the first time in a while, there’s much greater and more meaningful differences between the Gravity Hammer and the Energy Sword. You’ve got the high RoF close-range Bulldog, with fast multikill potential but requiring two shots to kill, the medium range Energy Sword, and the Gravity Hammer, with a longer swing time but a gigantic AoE radius.

We haven’t seen the Mangler, Disruptor, Stalker Rifle, or the shock rifle in use in multiplayer yet either, so some of those weapons could end up filling those roles in a much more unique manner than the DMR or SMG. The Commando being an automatic ranged weapon seems interesting enough to me, it brushes up on the BR, but it’s automatic fire rate(and possibly no headshot multiplier, not too sure on that one yet) keeps it in a healthy niche compared to the DMR, which was so similar to the BR that there’s little point to it’s existence in the sandbox whatsoever.

You can’t just add every weapon ever into a sandbox and expect it to behave very well. Sandbox bloat has been a challenge that Halo has had to deal with ever since Halo 2. Let’s see how the sandbox behaves fully before demanding that weapons that may well ruin it’s balance entirely get thrown into the mix. Do we really need the classic shotgun with three other CQC weapons already in the game? Do we need the CE Magnum alongside the Commando, BR, and Mangler? I understand the custom games argument, but anything added to the sandbox affects the entire game (aside from campaign I suppose).

It’s always hard to tell in these trailers, because people just stand around to die. They aren’t accurate representations of what a real 1v1 would be like.

The AR has been great since Reach, but most players just don’t use it. I’ve won so many 1v1 encounters by using my AR instead of the Magnum or BR, and even uneven encounters.

> 2533274923428997;16:
> > 2533274888317569;5:
> > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > 2555390681439134;3:
> > > > it looks decent, but the AR now looks like a beast, not sure if that a good thing tbh.
> > >
> > > Really depends if the SMG exists in the game or not to be fair. If there is no SMG I can easily see the AR taking over the space in the sandbox as a closer range automatic weapon.
> > >
> > > Commando seems to be a slightly longer range automatic rifle whilst the BR still sits as the main precision weapon. I could easily see the DMR being taken out of the game for launch too.
> > >
> > > Overall I do like the looks of the TTK, looks about right for Halo. Although there’s no way to know for sure until we actually get hands on with the game for ourselves.
> >
> > Who’s to say they cant implement weapons such as the SMG or DMR later after launch or maybe CQC variants of weapons to make up those middle grounds.
> > Even though I could still see such things being unbalanced.
>
> 343 is keeping the sandbox pretty tight this time around. Every weapon shown off so far has a very unique niche and engagement range. I really don’t see 343 adding weapons like the DMR or SMG if they aren’t warranted in the sandbox. There’s no reason to push into other weapon’s roles or else you end up having a BR/LR/DMR/Carbine problem again.
>
> Hell, look at the CQC weapons in the game right now. They all share ranges but behave entirely differently. For the first time in a while, there’s much greater and more meaningful differences between the Gravity Hammer and the Energy Sword. You’ve got the high RoF close-range Bulldog, with fast multikill potential but requiring two shots to kill, the medium range Energy Sword, and the Gravity Hammer, with a longer swing time but a gigantic AoE radius.
>
> We haven’t seen the Mangler, Disruptor, Stalker Rifle, or the shock rifle in use in multiplayer yet either, so some of those weapons could end up filling those roles in a much more unique manner than the DMR or SMG. The Commando being an automatic ranged weapon seems interesting enough to me, it brushes up on the BR, but it’s automatic fire rate(and possibly no headshot multiplier, not too sure on that one yet) keeps it in a healthy niche compared to the DMR, which was so similar to the BR that there’s little point to it’s existence in the sandbox whatsoever.
>
> You can’t just add every weapon ever into a sandbox and expect it to behave very well. Sandbox bloat has been a challenge that Halo has had to deal with ever since Halo 2. Let’s see how the sandbox behaves fully before demanding that weapons that may well ruin it’s balance entirely get thrown into the mix. Do we really need the classic shotgun with three other CQC weapons already in the game? Do we need the CE Magnum alongside the Commando, BR, and Mangler? I understand the custom games argument, but anything added to the sandbox affects the entire game (aside from campaign I suppose).

This. In a way it seems like they are having MOBA like elements to the game which is kind of genius. Each weapon seems to have an incredible role instead in the past it was just kinda another weapon. Halo 4/5 felt like the weapons on the map didn’t have a really big role for casual players especially. This time they are pretty much saying that you NEED this weapon, equipment, and ability. Not only because it feels good, but that it contributes significantly and they have huge consequences on losing it.

The basic TTK needs to be long - that’s Halo… but with a skill gap for the better (ie. not me) players.

The obvious skill gap is the headshot post popping the shields. Like the Halo 5 magnum where it’s 4 body shots + head shot vs 6 body shots for the kill.

And now that shields are glowing specifically where people are shot they can expand this even further so that different body shots have different damage. Limbs vs torso. Maybe even front vs back. And so on.

> 2585548714655118;19:
> The basic TTK needs to be long - that’s Halo… but with a skill gap for the better (ie. not me) players.
>
> The obvious skill gap is the headshot post popping the shields. Like the Halo 5 magnum where it’s 4 body shots + head shot vs 6 body shots for the kill.
>
> And now that shields are glowing specifically where people are shot they can expand this even further so that different body shots have different damage. Limbs vs torso. Maybe even front vs back. And so on.

I feel like that level of splitting damage would get extremely irritating. People like consistent kills. Either it’s a 4-shot BR kill, or it’s 5, etc. That should be enough. Having to shoot someone an extra burst because their arm was in the way of their torso from your PoV doesn’t make the game very fun IMO. leave that level of damage systems to things like rainbow 6 or CS, where headshots are instant kills. Splitting the damage like that only extends the killtime, which is already long, that’s halo. Any longer is annoying