Time To Kill

The time to kill seems to be a bit too fast. I’ve encountered several situations in matches I have played that would have been survivable, or at the very least could have generated some cat and mouse gameplay. Most of the issues happen when attacked from behind, you can be dropped, or significantly damage before you can turn to the combatant. Feels too close to COD or Battlefield.

This is something i completely agree with and its not very attractive to be honest, you cant turn round at all, or even get round the nearest corner. Just no countering it due to TTK

> 2533274801098279;2:
> This is something i completely agree with and its not very attractive to be honest, you cant turn round at all, or even get round the nearest corner. Just no countering it due to TTK

Yep. Can’t throw a grenade against a wall or even Ninja someone. Let alone 1v2 or 1V3 the enemy team. Can’t even AR duel someone with strafing. TTK is way too high for the AR and sidekick.

The ttk is nowhere near cod. I personally think the ttk is just right. Not too slow, not too fast.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just too used to the old ways and is afraid of change.

Yeah, it feels like a lot of the counterplay that could happen during most fights is gone now. Either you or the person you’re shooting at just instantly dies the second you pull the trigger

> 2535421178796411;4:
> The ttk is nowhere near cod. I personally think the ttk is just right. Not too slow, not too fast.
>
> Anyone who thinks otherwise is just too used to the old ways and is afraid of change.

TLDR: Anyone who’s opinion is different from mine is wrong.

> 2533274883181109;3:
> > 2533274801098279;2:
> > This is something i completely agree with and its not very attractive to be honest, you cant turn round at all, or even get round the nearest corner. Just no countering it due to TTK
>
> Yep. Can’t throw a grenade against a wall or even Ninja someone. Let alone 1v2 or 1V3 the enemy team. Can’t even AR duel someone with strafing. TTK is way too high for the AR and sidekick.

Speaking of ninjas, I swear I’ve gotten at least 3 so far but it always ends up being a regular melee. Anyone else experience this?

There’s a lot of little factors which go into that feeling but one that’s been glossed over and ignored since it’s introduction in Halo 5, is the headshot multiplier for automatic/non-prescision weapons. Think about it, the AR gives you random bonus damage. I won’t get to try PvP until later tonight but even against bots, stuff like the oddly powerful plasma pistol single fire (edit: against unshielded enemies, specifically) stand out as misguided decisions, at best.

> 2535421178796411;4:
> The ttk is nowhere near cod. I personally think the ttk is just right. Not too slow, not too fast.
>
> Anyone who thinks otherwise is just too used to the old ways and is afraid of change.

You change Halo’s TTK and you lose part of what Halo is. This isn’t instant gratification city. You have to work for your kills around here. In this case you lose a huge amount of tactical situations and skilled play. Change is good. But not when it changes core gameplay.

I think the weapons are all to useful, and do too much damage. They also kill at far too long ranges and the maps are so big. Feels a lot like Halo 5 in this regard. Was not a fan of that gameplay, so Idk how I feel about this.

> 2535416991865595;7:
> > 2533274883181109;3:
> > > 2533274801098279;2:
> > > This is something i completely agree with and its not very attractive to be honest, you cant turn round at all, or even get round the nearest corner. Just no countering it due to TTK
> >
> > Yep. Can’t throw a grenade against a wall or even Ninja someone. Let alone 1v2 or 1V3 the enemy team. Can’t even AR duel someone with strafing. TTK is way too high for the AR and sidekick.
>
> Speaking of ninjas, I swear I’ve gotten at least 3 so far but it always ends up being a regular melee. Anyone else experience this?

Assassinations won’t be in the game at launch. As much of a hilarious joke that may sound. My guess? You’ll have to unlock them, and some of them will be behind the battlepass pay wall.

This flight feels completely different than the first. In the first flight, everything felt useful. Now, every match I’m in, people are rushing with the sidekick and that’s it.

> 2535458408239199;12:
> This flight feels completely different than the first. In the first flight, everything felt useful. Now, every match I’m in, people are rushing with the sidekick and that’s it.

Never got to play the first flight. The sights and sounds are right, movement is good. TTK is too fast, radar needs level indication, weapons need some balance fixes, no melee lunge is weird. In some ways it’s a call back to Reach, in some ways it feels like any shooter that isn’t halo. It’s a hard thing to express.

> 2533274825634883;8:
> There’s a lot of little factors which go into that feeling but one that’s been glossed over and ignored since it’s introduction in Halo 5, is the headshot multiplier for automatic/non-prescision weapons. Think about it, the AR gives you random bonus damage. I won’t get to try PvP until later tonight but even against bots, stuff like the oddly powerful plasma pistol single fire stand out as misguided decisions, at best.

100% this. I think AR damage is probably fine if you get rid of the headshot modifier. Maybe increase spread a little bit? But I think t he headshot is the first move. Was stupid in 5 and is stupid in this.

The big issue for me is engagement range. Everything is pinpoint accurate, so the range drags out. That needs to get reigned in or maps like Bazar are essentially unplayable.

> 2533275021221244;13:
> > 2535458408239199;12:
> > This flight feels completely different than the first. In the first flight, everything felt useful. Now, every match I’m in, people are rushing with the sidekick and that’s it.
>
> Never got to play the first flight. The sights and sounds are right, movement is good. TTK is too fast, radar needs level indication, weapons need some balance fixes, no melee lunge is weird. In some ways it’s a call back to Reach, in some ways it feels like any shooter that isn’t halo. It’s a hard thing to express.

Yeah the ttk and lunge was not in the first flight so idk what all has been changed.

> 2533274800772611;14:
> > 2533274825634883;8:
> > There’s a lot of little factors which go into that feeling but one that’s been glossed over and ignored since it’s introduction in Halo 5, is the headshot multiplier for automatic/non-prescision weapons. Think about it, the AR gives you random bonus damage. I won’t get to try PvP until later tonight but even against bots, stuff like the oddly powerful plasma pistol single fire stand out as misguided decisions, at best.
>
> 100% this. I think AR damage is probably fine if you get rid of the headshot modifier. Maybe increase spread a little bit? But I think t he headshot is the first move. Was stupid in 5 and is stupid in this.

Had a feeling something was up. The AR shouldn’t have a headshot modifier at all. I blacked out Halo 5 because I hated it so much, forgot it had that. What major holdover mechanic to have from that game. It needs to go for sure. Nothing should have a headshot modifier that isn’t precision.

> 2533275021221244;1:
> The time to kill seems to be a bit too fast. I’ve encountered several situations in matches I have played that would have been survivable, or at the very least could have generated some cat and mouse gameplay. Most of the issues happen when attacked from behind, you can be dropped, or significantly damage before you can turn to the combatant. Feels too close to COD or Battlefield.

TTK isn’t as high as COD or Battlefield. If the sidekick was a three to the body kill then yeah. You’re being shot by more than one guy which is why you’re dying quick. If it’s just one guy at anything past point blank and he isn’t chucking grenades you can throw yourself into a corridor or back off pretty well. But yeah I’ve had cat and mouse gameplay especially where they just have basic weapons. If somebody can put every shot of a commando into your head at range on a moving target; he’s probably earned the kill.

> 2535421178796411;4:
> The ttk is nowhere near cod. I personally think the ttk is just right. Not too slow, not too fast.
>
> Anyone who thinks otherwise is just too used to the old ways and is afraid of change.

The TTK doesn’t even seem that different imo. In Reach the magnum took 6 or 7 shots to kill, in Infinite the sidekick takes 7 shots still.

Time to kill is just about right. I’ve been saying this Halo will be more tactical than ever for this reason.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m the two games I’ve been able to play (stuck searching for games for the past half hour), the TTK seems longer than past games? It could just be me having not played Halo in a while. But I don’t mind the TTK as of right now.