time to kill in infinite

I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )

> 2533275014520227;1:
> I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )

I think it’s perfect in my opinion. It makes you feel like you are a Spartan fighting in real life. After going back to MCC it was obvious why they lowered it.

> 2533275014520227;1:
> I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )

The TTK in Halo had to be changed SLIGHTLY because with a bunch of new players coming in 343 needed to change the game for them. In Halo 3, your TTK is pretty darn slow, nowadays many would likely find it boring due to how much it slowed down the pace of combat. Halo has always had a rather slow pace of combat but 343 is trying to change that to adapt with the times. FPS games are getting more fast paced by the minute, and while that doesn’t mean that Halo has to make you REALLY easy to kill, it does mean that they needed to tweak it a little to allow new players to enjoy it. Halo didn’t last so long by just having the same playerbase, they lasted so long by drawing in new players.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533275014520227;1:
> > I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )
>
> I think it’s perfect in my opinion. It makes you feel like you are a Spartan fighting in real life. After going back to MCC it was obvious why they lowered it.

The time to kill sure didn’t make me feel like a spartan. Realistically, I’d think high tech armor and shields would be able to stop more than 7 rounds from a pistol. The UNSC must be issuing these new Spartans some crappy off-brand shields.

> 2533274947049852;4:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2533275014520227;1:
> > > I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )
> >
> > I think it’s perfect in my opinion. It makes you feel like you are a Spartan fighting in real life. After going back to MCC it was obvious why they lowered it.
>
> The time to kill sure didn’t make me feel like a spartan. Realistically, I’d think high tech armor and shields would be able to stop more than 7 rounds from a pistol. The UNSC must be issuing these new Spartans some crappy off-brand shields.

Have you played Campaign at Heroic or higher? It feels like that.

The time to kill is definitely a tad bit faster than previous games, especially when it comes to certain close range guns such as the AR and the pistol. However if you move outside of the optimal range of those close range guns then the AR and pistol kill pretty slowly. Overall I think the TTK is pretty close to older Halos but the pace of the game is definitely a little bit faster. The BR for example is still a 4 shot perfect kill but it seems like it fires a bit faster than previous games. I don’t think the slightly faster TTK is a bad thing because I really did love the feel of the game. I thought everything had a great feel and flow to it. Yes maybe the AR could use a little bit of a range nerf so it isn’t quite as effective from medium range but overall I felt like everything felt really good.

TTK is too fast and the most “Call of Duty” the game has ever felt in that regard. The AR and BR mostly feel fine but the Sidekick might have slightly too fast if a fire rate and is just deadly when team firing or in the hands of an ODST or Spartan bot.

Halo 5’s TTK was still slow and methodical enough that I could win a 1v2 engagement against less skilled players (or in this case lower tier bots).

Halo has always had a methodical approach to combat and once you reduce the kill times, you throw that away, Grenade blast radius is too large, the motion tracker changes are completely unnecessary and take away a key part of Halo’s gameplay.

I prefer the TTK to be slower, but then again I’m one of the old fuddy duddys who grew up with and prefers 1,2 and 3!

At least give us an option for the slower TTK game mode.

> 2535438636443468;3:
> > 2533275014520227;1:
> > I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )
>
> The TTK in Halo had to be changed SLIGHTLY because with a bunch of new players coming in 343 needed to change the game for them. In Halo 3, your TTK is pretty darn slow, nowadays many would likely find it boring due to how much it slowed down the pace of combat. Halo has always had a rather slow pace of combat but 343 is trying to change that to adapt with the times. FPS games are getting more fast paced by the minute, and while that doesn’t mean that Halo has to make you REALLY easy to kill, it does mean that they needed to tweak it a little to allow new players to enjoy it. Halo didn’t last so long by just having the same playerbase, they lasted so long by drawing in new players.

Halo 3 has hit detection issues, and a lot of issues added on top of that over Xbox Live networking. If you play a local game, you’ll see the time to kill in Halo 3 (When hit detection doesn’t screw up), really isn’t much longer than Halo Infinite. One of the main differences is the weapon accuracy. Almost all of the Halo Infinite weapons we got to try are extremely accurate, making them more effective at killing at long ranges. This is means you’re going to die more due to the raised accuracy of the weapons, and nothing else, really. Weapon accuracy should be very slightly reduced across the board, so you’ll miss a little more often (A few more bullets here and there) at medium and long ranges. This way, players will be MORE rewarded for feathering the trigger properly.

> 2533274822068856;9:
> > 2535438636443468;3:
> > > 2533275014520227;1:
> > > I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )
> >
> > The TTK in Halo had to be changed SLIGHTLY because with a bunch of new players coming in 343 needed to change the game for them. In Halo 3, your TTK is pretty darn slow, nowadays many would likely find it boring due to how much it slowed down the pace of combat. Halo has always had a rather slow pace of combat but 343 is trying to change that to adapt with the times. FPS games are getting more fast paced by the minute, and while that doesn’t mean that Halo has to make you REALLY easy to kill, it does mean that they needed to tweak it a little to allow new players to enjoy it. Halo didn’t last so long by just having the same playerbase, they lasted so long by drawing in new players.
>
> Halo 3 has hit detection issues, and a lot of issues added on top of that over Xbox Live networking. If you play a local game, you’ll see the time to kill in Halo 3 (When hit detection doesn’t screw up), really isn’t much longer than Halo Infinite. One of the main differences is the weapon accuracy. Almost all of the Halo Infinite weapons we got to try are extremely accurate, making them more effective at killing at long ranges. This is means you’re going to die more due to the raised accuracy of the weapons, and nothing else, really. Weapon accuracy should be very slightly reduced across the board, so you’ll miss a little more often (A few more bullets here and there) at medium and long ranges. This way, players will be MORE rewarded for feathering the trigger properly.

The 4 shot has exactly the same time as Halo 3 too. I feel like they derived off that for all other weapons which is actually insanely smart.

Which weapons have problematic TTKs? You’re going to have to be more specific, because several of the weapons in the game have either similar TTKs to previous iterations of the weapon or something close.

• The BR has the same 4-shot TTK as Halo 3 1.55s, with a bodyshot TTK of 2.4s (Halo 3’s was 2.85s) - The Sidekick has an optimal ttk of 1.10s and a bodyshot ttk of 1.4s - The AR’s optimal TTK is 1.15s with a body shot ttk of 1.4s (same as H3) I think there’s certainly room to debate about the AR getting a headshot multiplier, I’m personally not a fan - Interestingly, the Commando has the same bodyshot TTK as the AR of 1.4s, with it’s precision being 1.0sMany of the CQC weapons are pretty lethal and can kill quickly. I think there’s certainly a debate to be had about the zoom feature having a hand in the lethality of these weapons. I’m not a fan of bloom on these weapons at all but it keeps them from being too lethal at range, I propose more predictable but stronger recoil in order to introduce a skill gap to learning these weapons at range, as well as removing the AR headshot multiplier, if only to further differentiate it from the Commando

> 2533274923428997;11:
> Which weapons have problematic TTKs? You’re going to have to be more specific, because several of the weapons in the game have either similar TTKs to previous iterations of the weapon or something close.
>
>
> - The BR has the same 4-shot TTK as Halo 3 1.55s, with a bodyshot TTK of 2.4s (Halo 3’s was 2.85s) - The Sidekick has the same Optimal TTK of .6s as the CE Magnum and a bodyshot ttk of 1.3s, with significantly less range, and requiring 7 shots instead of 3 - The AR’s optimal TTK is 1.15s with a body shot ttk of 1.4s (same as H3) I think there’s certainly room to debate about the AR getting a headshot multiplier, I’m personally not a fan - Interestingly, the Commando has the same bodyshot TTK as the AR of 1.4s, with it’s precision being 1.0sMany of the CQC weapons are pretty lethal and can kill quickly. I think there’s certainly a debate to be had about the zoom feature having a hand in the lethality of these weapons. I’m not a fan of bloom on these weapons at all but it keeps them from being too lethal at range, I propose more predictable but stronger recoil in order to introduce a skill gap to learning these weapons at range, as well as removing the AR headshot multiplier, if only to further differentiate it from the Commando

I should have phrazed that better, some weapons are fine like the br and commando I thought were really well paced ttk , but some like the heatwave and ar and pistol , annailate people really fast, (the ar more so ). a lot of weapons that were more standard like br, feel more like power weapons

> 2533274792737987;10:
> > 2533274822068856;9:
> > > 2535438636443468;3:
> > > > 2533275014520227;1:
> > > > I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )
> > >
> > > The TTK in Halo had to be changed SLIGHTLY because with a bunch of new players coming in 343 needed to change the game for them. In Halo 3, your TTK is pretty darn slow, nowadays many would likely find it boring due to how much it slowed down the pace of combat. Halo has always had a rather slow pace of combat but 343 is trying to change that to adapt with the times. FPS games are getting more fast paced by the minute, and while that doesn’t mean that Halo has to make you REALLY easy to kill, it does mean that they needed to tweak it a little to allow new players to enjoy it. Halo didn’t last so long by just having the same playerbase, they lasted so long by drawing in new players.
> >
> > Halo 3 has hit detection issues, and a lot of issues added on top of that over Xbox Live networking. If you play a local game, you’ll see the time to kill in Halo 3 (When hit detection doesn’t screw up), really isn’t much longer than Halo Infinite. One of the main differences is the weapon accuracy. Almost all of the Halo Infinite weapons we got to try are extremely accurate, making them more effective at killing at long ranges. This is means you’re going to die more due to the raised accuracy of the weapons, and nothing else, really. Weapon accuracy should be very slightly reduced across the board, so you’ll miss a little more often (A few more bullets here and there) at medium and long ranges. This way, players will be MORE rewarded for feathering the trigger properly.
>
> The 4 shot has exactly the same time as Halo 3 too. I feel like they derived off that for all other weapons which is actually insanely smart.

that makes sense, but It feels like shots are harder to land in halo three for some reason , could be halo 3 lag back at it again, idk

> 2533274858607294;7:
> TTK is too fast and the most “Call of Duty” the game has ever felt in that regard. The AR and BR mostly feel fine but the Sidekick might have slightly too fast if a fire rate and is just deadly when team firing or in the hands of an ODST or Spartan bot.
>
> Halo 5’s TTK was still slow and methodical enough that I could win a 1v2 engagement against less skilled players (or in this case lower tier bots).
>
> Halo has always had a methodical approach to combat and once you reduce the kill times, you throw that away, Grenade blast radius is too large, the motion tracker changes are completely unnecessary and take away a key part of Halo’s gameplay.

althought I dont agree with everything you said you do raise the point that grenade blast radiuses are too large, and compared to 5, and 3 multiplayer, yeah , I don’t think the ttk is that bad but it does need to be like 5-7 percent slower,

halo has always been a game of precision and acurracy, instead of speed, as well as using the sanbox to your advantadge

> 2533274792737987;5:
> > 2533274947049852;4:
> > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > 2533275014520227;1:
> > > > I feel that the time to kill in halo infinite is a little fast, I think it should be a little slower, Ive been watching halo infinite live streams and also thought that the spike grenades were hitting people from farther away than they should have. in general, the first flight seemed great from an outside perspective I can give more feedback once I actually have my hands on infinite, (I didn’t get into the first flight, ;-; )
> > >
> > > I think it’s perfect in my opinion. It makes you feel like you are a Spartan fighting in real life. After going back to MCC it was obvious why they lowered it.
> >
> > The time to kill sure didn’t make me feel like a spartan. Realistically, I’d think high tech armor and shields would be able to stop more than 7 rounds from a pistol. The UNSC must be issuing these new Spartans some crappy off-brand shields.
>
> Have you played Campaign at Heroic or higher? It feels like that.

yup , that sums it up good, im just used to halo 3 , were projectiles are really janky and inconsistent. so ttk is on average higher ,

> 2533275014520227;12:
> > 2533274923428997;11:
> > Which weapons have problematic TTKs? You’re going to have to be more specific, because several of the weapons in the game have either similar TTKs to previous iterations of the weapon or something close.
> >
> >
> > - The BR has the same 4-shot TTK as Halo 3 1.55s, with a bodyshot TTK of 2.4s (Halo 3’s was 2.85s) - The Sidekick has the same Optimal TTK of .6s as the CE Magnum and a bodyshot ttk of 1.3s, with significantly less range, and requiring 7 shots instead of 3 - The AR’s optimal TTK is 1.15s with a body shot ttk of 1.4s (same as H3) I think there’s certainly room to debate about the AR getting a headshot multiplier, I’m personally not a fan - Interestingly, the Commando has the same bodyshot TTK as the AR of 1.4s, with it’s precision being 1.0sMany of the CQC weapons are pretty lethal and can kill quickly. I think there’s certainly a debate to be had about the zoom feature having a hand in the lethality of these weapons. I’m not a fan of bloom on these weapons at all but it keeps them from being too lethal at range, I propose more predictable but stronger recoil in order to introduce a skill gap to learning these weapons at range, as well as removing the AR headshot multiplier, if only to further differentiate it from the Commando
>
> I should have phrazed that better, some weapons are fine like the br and commando I thought were really well paced ttk , but some like the heatwave and ar and pistol , annailate people really fast, (the ar more so ). a lot of weapons that were more standard like br, feel more like power weapons

Yeah! I just think it’s important to identify what specifically you’re having issues with when giving feedback. I think the sidekick is fine tbh, it’s a very reliable close-quarters weapon but starts to have issues at longer ranges. I’d like bloom to be removed/reduced and instead traded for more vertical recoil when spraying the sidekick to reward careful aim without bringing random spread into the mix. I think the Sidekick’s TTK is pretty fast, but it also has a low capacity and is incapable of killing two fully shielded spartans.

As for the AR, I agree it can be very forgiving, and while that’s not a bad thing, it’s TTK is so similar to the commando, and it’s role so similar that I think I’d prefer the AR have no headshot multiplier so it retains that 1.4s TTK and gives the Commando more of a role as the only automatic capable of precision shots.