Time to face facts, Halo 4 is not fun

Hate to say it but I’m going to have to pull a Lemon here…this game and competitive halo is done probably for at at least a decade. There’s no way that 343 will take out spring or AA’s and make a good old halo because they’ll see that as taking a step backward. Instead they’re going to continue to try to play catch up with cod which will only result in really -Yoinking!- -Yoink- games instead of actually sticking with what made them incredibly popular I’ll continue to play halo because aside from a minimal amount of fun playing SCII, there’s just nothing else out there. Until a game that comes out of the box is BARELY changed as in ONLY A WEAPON OR TWO IS REMOVED FROM THE MAP like in h2, competitive halo will never see a regrowth to the scale it was at during h2 and h3.

Playing halo and hoping that it is fun is analogous to the bad relationship that there was some great -Yoink!- at the start but you know they’re kinda dumb and it’s screwed but you just stick in it, have some babies and ten years later you get a divorce and realize you wasted a -Yoink- load of time forcing yourself to pretend something was what it never will be again. Halo had a good run and it’s POSSIBLE that they could grow a brain and make a fun game that it’s just a -Yoink- space like bull -Yoink- copy of cod with a layer of ten thousand weapons, AAs, ordinance, and -Yoinking!- SPRINT convoluting the whole god -Yoink!- game into a -Yoink- inconsistent mess. Thank you 343 and bungie for devolving this a fun hobby to relax from school and work into an exercise is cognitive dissonance that I can’t bring myself to believe. It’s just not very fun. Oh yeah, I almost forgot watching the game…yeah I hadn’t missed watching an MLG since 06 (the true golden age IMO) until Dallas, wow was that boring. No tension, no amazing plays, just sprinting and stupidity. and forge…oh joy…we had gray…and now we have oh god it’s so much better…TAN!

Honestly people a cod remake but you did it anyways 343i was trying to sell copies…congrats, in the end this will only hurt the longevity of the company which all the talented programmers and designers could give a -Yoink- about because they’ll move on. 343i has lost confidence from the die hard halo fans who I think have finally had enough…WE DIDN’T WANT ALL THE NOISE, WE JUST WANTED A GAME THAT FELT LIKE HALO, WHY THE HELL DID YOU PUT ALL THAT STUPID CRAP. SERIOUSLY WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? WHAT DUMB -Yoink- THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA??? YOU ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY, BUILDING A FAN BASE THAT LOVES THE GAME WILL GROW THE BOTTOM LINE, AFTER REACH AND HALO 4, HAVE FUN WITH SALES ON THE NEXT ONE, BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE COMMUNITY UNIVERSALLY BE SO INDIFFERENT AND JUST…EH IT’S OKAY I GUESS ABOUT A GAME. SERIOUSLY WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???

DARKMAN…POSSIBLY THE BEST H1 PLAYER EVER CAME TO MLG DALLAS AND LAUGHED AT WHAT HALO HAD BECOME. WHAT A JOKE. THE MAPS ARE TERRIBLE, AA’S ARE TERRIBLE, SPRINT IS TERRIBLE, THE MANTIS IS NOT FUN…IT REALLY ISN’T (JUST ANNOYING), THE HUGE NUMBER OF WEAPONS IS TERRIBLE, THE FIFTEEN SHOTS TO KILL SOMEONE IS TERRIBLE, SPRINTING IS TERRIBLE, WORST DECISION EVER, RUINED HALO

SERIOUSLY GUYS, IT WAS AN EASY EXPERIMENT. WHAT VARIABLES CHANGED BETWEEN H3 AND REACH TO ENGENDER SUCH UNIVERSAL HATRED??? OH YEAH MOTHER -Yoinking!- SPRINT, THE DMR, SLOW KILL TIMES, AND TERRIBLE MAPS, THANK YOU FOR REPEATING ALL OF THE BULL -Yoink-.

hit registry is much improved now, so thanks for that. In case you had any misunderstandings about whether that made up for everything else, it doesn’t. you ruined it and we all hate what you have done to a game and a community we all loved.

Didn’t even read the thread. Just came to point out that your title is wrong. You can’t be factual about something thats up to an opinion.

The reason Halo 2 was such a juggernaut was not because it was flawless.

It was because timing. Halo 2 was the right thing at the right time.

The world has changed. NO MATTER WHAT 343i does, Halo will not “become the best again” because NO game is the best nowadays.

Not going to read your textwall, all I know is that an opinion can’t be a fact.

> The reason Halo 2 was such a juggernaut was not because it was flawless.
>
> It was because timing. Halo 2 was the right thing at the right time.
>
>
> The world has changed. NO MATTER WHAT 343i does, Halo will not “become the best again” because NO game is the best nowadays.

Depends on by what you define best as. Best as in skill, as in fun, as in population… Because there is a game in each category.

Oh really? And here I was thinking that I was having fun. Shucks.

Welp, thanks for letting me know, bro.

all we need is a company to recreate halo 2 with updated graphics and on the 360. Then we could enjoy both that and halo 4

You know, if you dont think it is fun then dont play, saves us all the time and misery of having to bother playing with someone who does not care in the slightest.

Already got enough of those, so please retire from Halo I can tell you Halo will be much better off without you.

It is fun, as long as you don’t care about anything like… Winning, self improvement, map control, teamwork, spawn/map design. This game is totally fine for burning an hour online to blow off some steam. Just don’t play for more than an hour a day, you’ll begin to care about these things and the illusion of fun will sadly melt a way. Game is pretty though. Can’t deny that.

Oh and comparing a Video Game to -Yoink!-, is pretty fail on your part.

Oh how I love dramatic little virgins who desire attention from strangers to satisfy their needs.

> It is fun, as long as you don’t care about anything like… Winning, self improvement, map control, teamwork, spawn/map design. This game is totally fine for burning an hour online to blow off some steam. Just don’t play for more than an hour a day, you’ll begin to care about these things and the illusion of fun will sadly melt a way. Game is pretty though. Can’t deny that.

i play at least 4 hours a day. I have a friend who plays much more each day. Both of us still have TONS of fun. really don;t know what your getting at.

sorry but i cant agree with you OP, first halo game that has given me something as fun as SO. I dont like MP and never complained about. I like the SO the way it is except weapons and lack of some skulls, and until or if they remove infinite lives i will continue to have fun.

I only read the first paragraph, but I agree with with your statement about halo not being as competitive. Plain and simple any competitive gamer will tell you that H2 was their favorite halo. They need to bring back some of the tradition that made halo such a great game.

It’s fun for me. I’m sorry it isn’t for others. I hope they make the changes necessary to please a larger number of people.

> It is fun, as long as you don’t care about anything like… Winning, self improvement, map control, teamwork, spawn/map design. This game is totally fine for burning an hour online to blow off some steam. Just don’t play for more than an hour a day, you’ll begin to care about these things and the illusion of fun will sadly melt a way. Game is pretty though. Can’t deny that.

Uh… as far as I can tell you haven’t even played the game, dude.

Wow I really am an idiot! Stupid to the point that I thought I was having fun but I was so wrong. Facts are facts, I can’t deny it, I wasn’t having fun… I guess… According to your title at least, I couldn’t read this text wall. Paragraphs are your friends.

The campaign is. The multiplayer? Not so much. I wasn’t looking for a faster-paced CoD game.

I also find it funny that the OP is complaining about how Halo’s competitive edge is gone, yet he has played for 12 more hours than I have and has a 1.01 KD in Slayer.

If they remake H2 it will have H4’s multiplayer, just like CEA had Reach’s multiplayer. There is no way they would ever just update H2’s multiplayer, unfortunately.

But it’s fun