Time to double XP gains permantly.

We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?

> 2533274825726490;1:
> We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?

Halo 5 has just passed its 5th Birthday. So the game is 5 and a bit years old - not quite 7 yet.

As for your XP increase idea, don’t get me wrong as a player who may not be max rank I could see that being great for people who want to level up but it also completely disregards players like myself who spent the time to get to 152.

The rewards in Infinite for 152 players are for those who spent the time to get there. Increasing the Halo 5 XP payouts makes the 152 status so much more meaningless if anyone can just get there.

You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to do. Not like level even actually means anything in Halo 5. It’s all about REQ points and Comp Ranks.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> > 2533274825726490;1:
> > We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?
>
> Halo 5 has just passed its 5th Birthday. So the game is 5 and a bit years old - not quite 7 yet.
>
> As for your XP increase idea, don’t get me wrong as a player who may not be max rank I could see that being great for people who want to level up but it also completely disregards players like myself who spent the time to get to 152.
>
> The rewards in Infinite for 152 players are for those who spent the time to get there. Increasing the Halo 5 XP payouts makes the 152 status so much more meaningless if anyone can just get there.
>
> You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to do. Not like level even actually means anything in Halo 5. It’s all about REQ points and Comp Ranks.

“You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to.” This, it’s simple and it’s fair.

I think it should remain the same. Why did I have to rank up the long way and some new player can do it twice as fast just because. That would infuriate me along with many others.

> 2533274975565198;3:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > 2533274825726490;1:
> > > We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?
> >
> > Halo 5 has just passed its 5th Birthday. So the game is 5 and a bit years old - not quite 7 yet.
> >
> > As for your XP increase idea, don’t get me wrong as a player who may not be max rank I could see that being great for people who want to level up but it also completely disregards players like myself who spent the time to get to 152.
> >
> > The rewards in Infinite for 152 players are for those who spent the time to get there. Increasing the Halo 5 XP payouts makes the 152 status so much more meaningless if anyone can just get there.
> >
> > You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to do. Not like level even actually means anything in Halo 5. It’s all about REQ points and Comp Ranks.
>
> “You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to.” This, it’s simple and it’s fair.

Eh I made inheritor a feat a ton of people didn’t get to. And I would have gladly made it easier for the next guy. But we look at things different I guess.

> 2535438676774180;4:
> I think it should remain the same. Why did I have to rank up the long way and some new player can do it twice as fast just because. That would infuriate me along with many others.

I wouldn’t be mad? You the kind of guy that just gets raises for yourself at work. Im the kind that gets a raise for my whole department knowing I’m leaving in six months we aren’t the same.

> 2533274825726490;5:
> > 2533274975565198;3:
> > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > 2533274825726490;1:
> > > > We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?
> > >
> > > Halo 5 has just passed its 5th Birthday. So the game is 5 and a bit years old - not quite 7 yet.
> > >
> > > As for your XP increase idea, don’t get me wrong as a player who may not be max rank I could see that being great for people who want to level up but it also completely disregards players like myself who spent the time to get to 152.
> > >
> > > The rewards in Infinite for 152 players are for those who spent the time to get there. Increasing the Halo 5 XP payouts makes the 152 status so much more meaningless if anyone can just get there.
> > >
> > > You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to do. Not like level even actually means anything in Halo 5. It’s all about REQ points and Comp Ranks.
> >
> > “You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to.” This, it’s simple and it’s fair.
>
> Eh I made inheritor a feat a ton of people didn’t get to. And I would have gladly made it easier for the next guy. But we look at things different I guess.

Surely a top 500 Inheritor wouldn’t need to ask for double xp, would he? You’ve got a heck of a long way to go, but I’m positive one of the top 500 Inheritors could do it.

I only got to around a Brigadier General in Reach (far from top 500 Inheritor) and I got to 152 last year.

> 2535431933064458;7:
> > 2533274825726490;5:
> > > 2533274975565198;3:
> > > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > > 2533274825726490;1:
> > > > > We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?
> > > >
> > > > Halo 5 has just passed its 5th Birthday. So the game is 5 and a bit years old - not quite 7 yet.
> > > >
> > > > As for your XP increase idea, don’t get me wrong as a player who may not be max rank I could see that being great for people who want to level up but it also completely disregards players like myself who spent the time to get to 152.
> > > >
> > > > The rewards in Infinite for 152 players are for those who spent the time to get there. Increasing the Halo 5 XP payouts makes the 152 status so much more meaningless if anyone can just get there.
> > > >
> > > > You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to do. Not like level even actually means anything in Halo 5. It’s all about REQ points and Comp Ranks.
> > >
> > > “You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to.” This, it’s simple and it’s fair.
> >
> > Eh I made inheritor a feat a ton of people didn’t get to. And I would have gladly made it easier for the next guy. But we look at things different I guess.
>
> Surely a top 500 Inheritor wouldn’t need to ask for double xp, would he? You’ve got a heck of a long way to go, but I’m positive one of the top 500 Inheritors could do it.
>
> I only got to around a Brigadier General in Reach (far from top 500 Inheritor) and I got to 152 last year.

Who says this was for me? I was just looking at a game that isn’t getting any more updates. And too keep people playing until infinite they need some sort of goals. I won’t reach 152 and that’s ok. Ive hit every other goal in this game.

As someone who has reached 152 I support the idea. The concept of these super grind ranks is so dumb. They design it to take months to years of optimal XP growth to keep player engagement up which I think is the cheapest way of retaining players. They aren’t creating new or worthwhile content. Going for 152 thus makes a bunch of playlists irrelevant like most arena offerings unless they are a featured playlist. All playlists should offer a worthwhile amount of XP, it should not matter if someone wants to grind FF or arena both avenues should lead to success in more or less the same time. The unfortunate truth is if you are a solo player the best way to get there was through Mythic FF which had a huge XP nerf. It isn’t about gate keeping the 152 rewards, it’s about letting players choose how they want to play to get to 152.

Full support, full stop.
I mean…does it really matter how long it takes to get to it now, considering theres a new game coming out in a few months? I say let the newbies get to it.
Though…I guess that would kind of make the armor coating less special. But at the same time…its still gonna take AGES, its a lot of XP

> 2533274907200114;10:
> Full support, full stop.
> I mean…does it really matter how long it takes to get to it now, considering theres a new game coming out in a few months? I say let the newbies get to it.
> Though…I guess that would kind of make the armor coating less special. But at the same time…its still gonna take AGES, its a lot of XP

Yea that’s what Im saying that 4000 number might double but it’s not going to speed it up to Halo 4s ranking system. If anything the goal might be realistic for those who are in that 140 range.

> 2533274825726490;1:
> We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?

I wish the arena playlist would yield more. I got a bunch of boosts (the ones for 150k req points or whatever in the req store) but I won’t get max rank for sure. It’s not super important to me. I mean…all I’m gonna see in infinite is red vs blue anyways, but…don’t get me wrong…I’d still take some bonus xp If I could lol. That armor for infinite looks nice…but realistically…there may be a candy bar you could buy at some point and bam…instantly some better armor coating.

If I hit max rank today, I’d still play tomorrow. I don’t play halo 5 to reach a max spartan rank. I play the game because I love playing halo. I can spend hours and hours on end in slayer alone. That’s just the type of player that I am. I wish there were still cool stuff going on for people like me. Like a create a arena emblem contest or some crap…like how there were season emblems in the beginning…like stuff to spice It up for the community…working on emblems, playing to get that seasonal emblem etc. Its not necessary, but it’s just a cool bonus if it’s there.

There’s already a similar topic here asking double XP

Im not gonna spam the same thing i said before, instead im gonna ask you to see the topic and i’ll give you the secret to reach level 152

Stop playing Arena and start playing Warzone

> 2533274985070673;13:
> There’s already a similar topic here asking double XP
>
> Im not gonna spam the same thing i said before, instead im gonna ask you to see the topic and i’ll give you the secret to reach level 152
>
>
> Stop playing Arena and start playing Warzone

Or I could be a reasonable person and create a topic that hopefully gains some traction, that is newer. Although double xp would hut both birds though.

> 2533274825726490;8:
> > 2535431933064458;7:
> > > 2533274825726490;5:
> > > > 2533274975565198;3:
> > > > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > > > 2533274825726490;1:
> > > > > > We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo 5 has just passed its 5th Birthday. So the game is 5 and a bit years old - not quite 7 yet.
> > > > >
> > > > > As for your XP increase idea, don’t get me wrong as a player who may not be max rank I could see that being great for people who want to level up but it also completely disregards players like myself who spent the time to get to 152.
> > > > >
> > > > > The rewards in Infinite for 152 players are for those who spent the time to get there. Increasing the Halo 5 XP payouts makes the 152 status so much more meaningless if anyone can just get there.
> > > > >
> > > > > You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to do. Not like level even actually means anything in Halo 5. It’s all about REQ points and Comp Ranks.
> > > >
> > > > “You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to.” This, it’s simple and it’s fair.
> > >
> > > Eh I made inheritor a feat a ton of people didn’t get to. And I would have gladly made it easier for the next guy. But we look at things different I guess.
> >
> > Surely a top 500 Inheritor wouldn’t need to ask for double xp, would he? You’ve got a heck of a long way to go, but I’m positive one of the top 500 Inheritors could do it.
> >
> > I only got to around a Brigadier General in Reach (far from top 500 Inheritor) and I got to 152 last year.
>
> Who says this was for me? I was just looking at a game that isn’t getting any more updates. And too keep people playing until infinite they need some sort of goals. I won’t reach 152 and that’s ok. Ive hit every other goal in this game.

You really have no reason to ask for this then. All this will do is leave a bad taste in the mouths of most current 152s and those almost at 152. I don’t recall Reach ever getting XP payouts or rank levels altered like this and all the complaints around that died out. Same is true here. 152 is not something everyone needs to get. The rewards are for those who like the game enough to reach max rank.

> 2533274825726490;1:

As much as I love this idea. I say nah, those guys who grinded out to level 152 are the real Reclaimers, I tried but I’m so bored and exhausted I just said forget it. A lot of us lives have changed since 2015. If you made it to 152 congrats, if you want to do the endless grind go for it. I feel it isn’t worth it to do it so late.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> > 2533274825726490;1:
> > We are basically in the last year of Halo 5. At this point what remnants of Halo players that are left are grinding out levels. Would it hurt at this time to increase the XP gains so peoole seemingly have a chance of hitting the cap reasonably before Infinite drops? I think since there is going to be no more time put into this game until it gets put on MCC one day why not? People are still going to buy xp gains to make it quicker if anything more people will play because it seems attainable. I was one of the first 500 Inheritors having many in the top 10 firsts I think its a great idea for people not there yet. Especially sincethis is what year 7?
>
> Halo 5 has just passed its 5th Birthday. So the game is 5 and a bit years old - not quite 7 yet.
>
> As for your XP increase idea, don’t get me wrong as a player who may not be max rank I could see that being great for people who want to level up but it also completely disregards players like myself who spent the time to get to 152.
>
> The rewards in Infinite for 152 players are for those who spent the time to get there. Increasing the Halo 5 XP payouts makes the 152 status so much more meaningless if anyone can just get there.
>
> You level by playing the game just like everyone else had to do. Not like level even actually means anything in Halo 5. It’s all about REQ points and Comp Ranks.

I really completely agree with this point of view, I do not agree that they increase the experience so that it takes less effort to reach 152, as if those who have already arrived, had made an effort in vain.

Also, they are selling the Legendary Augments pack and in the middle of this year 343 gave away quite a few Legendary Augments, it helps a lot more to today’s players, while those who reached 152 before did not have that opportunity.

> 2533274825726490;14:
> > 2533274985070673;13:
> > There’s already a similar topic here asking double XP
> >
> > Im not gonna spam the same thing i said before, instead im gonna ask you to see the topic and i’ll give you the secret to reach level 152
> >
> >
> > Stop playing Arena and start playing Warzone
>
> Or I could be a reasonable person and create a topic that hopefully gains some traction, that is newer. Although double xp would hut both birds though.

Sure… reasonable, there’s literally a difference of a day between your post and the another one.

There’s no need to give double xp, with Mythic FF permanently is more than enough and literally everyone can reach 152 before Halo Infinite, anyway is not an obligation to reach 152, if you want it you got to earn it.

> 2533274985070673;18:
> > 2533274825726490;14:
> > > 2533274985070673;13:
> > > There’s already a similar topic here asking double XP
> > >
> > > Im not gonna spam the same thing i said before, instead im gonna ask you to see the topic and i’ll give you the secret to reach level 152
> > >
> > >
> > > Stop playing Arena and start playing Warzone
> >
> > Or I could be a reasonable person and create a topic that hopefully gains some traction, that is newer. Although double xp would hut both birds though.
>
> Sure… reasonable, there’s literally a difference of a day between your post and the another one.
>
> There’s no need to give double xp, with Mythic FF permanently is more than enough and literally everyone can reach 152 before Halo Infinite, anyway is not an obligation to reach 152, if you want it you got to earn it.

Ok so I disagree, anything more to contribute. Lot’s of others think it’s a great idea. I agree, considering we won’t be getting another update until infinjte.

Some people feel way to entitled to have everything. The 152 reward is for those who genuinely enjoy playing halo 5 and put in the time. Asking for insane xp boosts to cheese slide in at the final hour to try and get the reward just defeats the purpose of it in the first place. Some rewards deserve to remain special. Yes 50 million is an insane amount of xp but halo 5 has been out for FIVE years, and we have known for years that there would be a 152 reward in the next halo game.

You can no life grind and hit 152 from level one in 5 months. You can CASUALLY grind and hit 152 from level one in 9-10 months. Assuming you already have xp, a year till infinites launch give or take is more than enough time for you to achieve the rank.

Cross posted from this thread:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/permanent-2xp-or-3xp/fe08263b-1582-42ba-a804-1f37bd0764eb/posts?page=1