Time to Compress

I know 343i still has a good bit of work to do on Halo 5, but something is really offsetting me. The whole game, updates and all, takes up 80+ gigs! That’s almost a fifth of a typical Xbox One! I know Halo 5 is a big game, but I doubt it should be going over 50 gigs.

Now I’m not an expert programmer, but I do know how compressed files work. Most games compress files for the sake of disc and storage space. Heck, I fit a ton of different games on my Xbox 360 including all previous Halo games and Skyrim. Now I’m wondering if Halo 5 is using very much compression, because 80 gigs is a lot, no matter how big the game or exuberant the graphics.

Now, I know Halo 5 is not yet complete. There is still several things that need to be tuned and updated. But once everything is in order, please, compress this game. Or at the very least, have Microsoft offer a bit of Cloud space. Because again, this is not an economical usage of storage space.

I agree agree that is a lot of gigs but I’m not to worried because I bought the terabyte

Does it take up that much space if you have the disc?

> 2533274977152039;2:
> I agree agree that is a lot of gigs but I’m not to worried because I bought the terabyte

That’s one alternative. That said, simply saying “just spend $100” is not a good business model.

> 2533274875982754;3:
> Does it take up that much space if you have the disc?

Yep. Disc HAS to download its full contents in order for Xbox One to play it.

> 2533274874817568;4:
> > 2533274977152039;2:
> > I agree agree that is a lot of gigs but I’m not to worried because I bought the terabyte
>
>
> That’s one alternative. That said, simply saying “just spend $100” is not a good business model.

I spent an extra 300 my friend, I bought the h5 guardians edition