Time to boycott Halo 4?

I have the standard edition for Halo 4…So I’ve been level 70 for sometime now, and like most of you out there I met all the requirements for receiving the “Free Gift” in my email’s inbox. What’s most upsetting about this, is the fact that people who had purchased the Limited Edition that had already included these specializations, ALSO received the email, so some of these LE owners who got the free codes are now having the audacity to sell them. Yes, there are people making money off of 343 Studios’ mistake. There are many people who question the reason as to why they complicated everything with sending emails rather than making a simple update, or better yet putting up the specializations within the xbox market place FOR FREE. If you are experiencing the same problems please post and share your opinions, as I believe that this post won’t be taken down and if so, it merely proves my point morso that 343 Studios wasn’t being considerate when releasing the redeem codes. Remember when the servers were down on launch date? We have every right to be mad people.

That wall of text hurts my eyes!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Totally agree, and I hope they feel ashamed sitting there on their big piles of money, -Yoinking!- capitalist cuntbag shitfaces

I’ll boycott, not for the codes reason, but for other reasons. Perhaps you can pick a day and we’ll all play H3 or Reach, see if we can get it above H4 population.

Boycott haLo 4 ? Really… I dont think so.

Inb4mods.

And yes, now is the time for a boycott.

I preordered and got a code with my game, and Im not even at SR60 yet

What hurts the most is that the game is great, possibly the best halo YET, and still they manage it so poorly.

> I have the standard edition for Halo 4…So I’ve been level 70 for sometime now, and like most of you out there I met all the requirements for receiving the “Free Gift” in my email’s inbox. What’s most upsetting about this, is the fact that people who had purchased the Limited Edition that had already included these specializations, ALSO received the email, so some of these LE owners who got the free codes are now having the audacity to sell them. Yes, there are people making money off of 343 Studios’ mistake. There are many people who question the reason as to why they complicated everything with sending emails rather than making a simple update, or better yet putting up the specializations within the xbox market place FOR FREE. If you are experiencing the same problems please post and share your opinions, as I believe that this post won’t be taken down and if so, it merely proves my point morso that 343 Studios wasn’t being considerate when releasing the redeem codes. Remember when the servers were down on launch date? We have every right to be mad people.

Wait let me get this straight. 343i gave us an amazing Campaign an amazing story that made up for Reach’s massive failure and Master Chief made one hell of a comeback. You want to boycott Halo 4 just because of Multiplayer? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

> > I have the standard edition for Halo 4…So I’ve been level 70 for sometime now, and like most of you out there I met all the requirements for receiving the “Free Gift” in my email’s inbox. What’s most upsetting about this, is the fact that people who had purchased the Limited Edition that had already included these specializations, ALSO received the email, so some of these LE owners who got the free codes are now having the audacity to sell them. Yes, there are people making money off of 343 Studios’ mistake. There are many people who question the reason as to why they complicated everything with sending emails rather than making a simple update, or better yet putting up the specializations within the xbox market place FOR FREE. If you are experiencing the same problems please post and share your opinions, as I believe that this post won’t be taken down and if so, it merely proves my point morso that 343 Studios wasn’t being considerate when releasing the redeem codes. Remember when the servers were down on launch date? We have every right to be mad people.
>
> Wait let me get this straight. 343i gave us an amazing Campaign an amazing story that made up for Reach’s massive failure and Master Chief made one hell of a comeback. You want to boycott Halo 4 just because of Multiplayer? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Halo 4 campaign was trash. The multiplayer is even worse.

> > > I have the standard edition for Halo 4…So I’ve been level 70 for sometime now, and like most of you out there I met all the requirements for receiving the “Free Gift” in my email’s inbox. What’s most upsetting about this, is the fact that people who had purchased the Limited Edition that had already included these specializations, ALSO received the email, so some of these LE owners who got the free codes are now having the audacity to sell them. Yes, there are people making money off of 343 Studios’ mistake. There are many people who question the reason as to why they complicated everything with sending emails rather than making a simple update, or better yet putting up the specializations within the xbox market place FOR FREE. If you are experiencing the same problems please post and share your opinions, as I believe that this post won’t be taken down and if so, it merely proves my point morso that 343 Studios wasn’t being considerate when releasing the redeem codes. Remember when the servers were down on launch date? We have every right to be mad people.
> >
> > Wait let me get this straight. 343i gave us an amazing Campaign an amazing story that made up for Reach’s massive failure and Master Chief made one hell of a comeback. You want to boycott Halo 4 just because of Multiplayer? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
>
> Halo 4 campaign was trash. The multiplayer is even worse.

And the forge was disappointing, customs was broken and theatre was made worse.

> > I have the standard edition for Halo 4…So I’ve been level 70 for sometime now, and like most of you out there I met all the requirements for receiving the “Free Gift” in my email’s inbox. What’s most upsetting about this, is the fact that people who had purchased the Limited Edition that had already included these specializations, ALSO received the email, so some of these LE owners who got the free codes are now having the audacity to sell them. Yes, there are people making money off of 343 Studios’ mistake. There are many people who question the reason as to why they complicated everything with sending emails rather than making a simple update, or better yet putting up the specializations within the xbox market place FOR FREE. If you are experiencing the same problems please post and share your opinions, as I believe that this post won’t be taken down and if so, it merely proves my point morso that 343 Studios wasn’t being considerate when releasing the redeem codes. Remember when the servers were down on launch date? We have every right to be mad people.
>
> Wait let me get this straight. 343i gave us an amazing Campaign an amazing story that made up for Reach’s massive failure and Master Chief made one hell of a comeback. You want to boycott Halo 4 just because of Multiplayer? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

While the campaign was great fun, you can only play it so many times before it begins to lose its luster; much like seeing a movie. I understand your point about ingratitude, but what 343i made with the players is essentially a contract stating that if we met the above criteria we would be awarded a gift of the specialization codes. Many of us (600 pages worth on this forum and counting) did meet those criteria and have not received the promised reward, which is essentially a breach of contract.

Will I continue to play Halo4 if I am not awarded my codes, yes I will because I find it fun. However that does not mean that I am in anyway pleased with the way things shook out.

> > > > I have the standard edition for Halo 4…So I’ve been level 70 for sometime now, and like most of you out there I met all the requirements for receiving the “Free Gift” in my email’s inbox. What’s most upsetting about this, is the fact that people who had purchased the Limited Edition that had already included these specializations, ALSO received the email, so some of these LE owners who got the free codes are now having the audacity to sell them. Yes, there are people making money off of 343 Studios’ mistake. There are many people who question the reason as to why they complicated everything with sending emails rather than making a simple update, or better yet putting up the specializations within the xbox market place FOR FREE. If you are experiencing the same problems please post and share your opinions, as I believe that this post won’t be taken down and if so, it merely proves my point morso that 343 Studios wasn’t being considerate when releasing the redeem codes. Remember when the servers were down on launch date? We have every right to be mad people.
> > >
> > > Wait let me get this straight. 343i gave us an amazing Campaign an amazing story that made up for Reach’s massive failure and Master Chief made one hell of a comeback. You want to boycott Halo 4 just because of Multiplayer? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
> >
> > Halo 4 campaign was trash. The multiplayer is even worse.
>
> And the forge was disappointing, customs was broken and theatre was made worse.

File Sharing still doesn’t work.

People who purchased LE, like myself, got the code email because we met the requirements of the giveaway. Those requirements were simply, “Play Halo 4 between launch and the 20th”. I did so, and therefore got a code.

I had intended on giving mine away to some unlucky soul at some point, but after all the crying about how people “can’t play” because they can’t earn XP, I may hold onto it until all the people who are unable to play a game just for fun have managed to give themselves aneurysms from all the rage.

> > > I have the standard edition for Halo 4…So I’ve been level 70 for sometime now, and like most of you out there I met all the requirements for receiving the “Free Gift” in my email’s inbox. What’s most upsetting about this, is the fact that people who had purchased the Limited Edition that had already included these specializations, ALSO received the email, so some of these LE owners who got the free codes are now having the audacity to sell them. Yes, there are people making money off of 343 Studios’ mistake. There are many people who question the reason as to why they complicated everything with sending emails rather than making a simple update, or better yet putting up the specializations within the xbox market place FOR FREE. If you are experiencing the same problems please post and share your opinions, as I believe that this post won’t be taken down and if so, it merely proves my point morso that 343 Studios wasn’t being considerate when releasing the redeem codes. Remember when the servers were down on launch date? We have every right to be mad people.
> >
> > Wait let me get this straight. 343i gave us an amazing Campaign an amazing story that made up for Reach’s massive failure and Master Chief made one hell of a comeback. You want to boycott Halo 4 just because of Multiplayer? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.
>
> Halo 4 campaign was trash. The multiplayer is even worse.

Care to elaborate how the campaign was trash?

I’d like to boycott this forum. This threads became more and more annoying.

> People who purchased LE, like myself, got the code email because we met the requirements of the giveaway. Those requirements were simply, “Play Halo 4 between launch and the 20th”. I did so, and therefore got a code.
>
> I had intended on giving mine away to some unlucky soul at some point, but after all the crying about how people “can’t play” because they can’t earn XP, I may hold onto it until all the people who are unable to play a game just for fun have managed to give themselves aneurysms from all the rage.

Further proves my point

This thread seems a little over the top just over codes but whatever fair enough. I guess if people are upset over it that’s their business.

Just had to laugh at Black Ops 2 as one of your options in the poll. C’mon, Bejewelled is a better game than any trash the COD series or activision has to offer.

> OnyxRun
> I’d like to boycott this forum. This threads became more and more annoying.

Don’t comment or speculate then :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I love Halo 4, I dont give a single -Yoink- about customs or even the trueskill ranking, I want to rank in multiplayer.

Meanwhile 343 get their things right I will be playing a variety of things, Skyrim is a good game, but mostly I will be playing Zombies in tranzit mode for Black Ops 2 :slight_smile: