Time for consistent ranked playlists?

I really don’t see the point of rotating out entire games (e.g. Halo 2) out of the competitive ranked playlists. When it comes to competitive games, wouldn’t people want to keep playing the same maps/game modes to get better and increase their mastery? Why not have permanent games in the competitive playlist and only rotate out some of them?

The reason behind the rotating playlist was because of a non-existing player base on them. Even now it’s hard to find people when not disabling input based or preferred device (control or M&K). Most populated playlist are H3, H4 and Invasion as… pretty much always.

Also, in a competitive side of things: why would you even want to master a 17 year old game? There’s no championship or reward for doing it right now. I mean, you can try to get good at it, but it’s not like Rainbow Six Siege or Overwatch which have a more active or interest community in competitive.

> 2533274934706851;2:
> The reason behind the rotating playlist was because of a non-existing player base on them. Even now it’s hard to find people when not disabling input based or preferred device (control or M&K). Most populated playlist are H3, H4 and Invasion as… pretty much always.
>
> Also, in a competitive side of things: why would you even want to master a 17 year old game? There’s no championship or reward for doing it right now. I mean, you can try to get good at it, but it’s not like Rainbow Six Siege or Overwatch which have a more active or interest community in competitive.

Same reason why people still spend thousands of hours surfing in CS Source. For the hell of it.

> 2535436014907905;1:
> I really don’t see the point of rotating out entire games (e.g. Halo 2) out of the competitive ranked playlists. When it comes to competitive games, wouldn’t people want to keep playing the same maps/game modes to get better and increase their mastery? Why not have permanent games in the competitive playlist and only rotate out some of them?

I think this problem would be greatly mitigated if we had a match composer like for social, or at least some feature that allowed us to queue for multiple playlists.

> 2533274906921231;4:
> > 2535436014907905;1:
> > I really don’t see the point of rotating out entire games (e.g. Halo 2) out of the competitive ranked playlists. When it comes to competitive games, wouldn’t people want to keep playing the same maps/game modes to get better and increase their mastery? Why not have permanent games in the competitive playlist and only rotate out some of them?
>
> I think this problem would be greatly mitigated if we had a match composer like for social, or at least some feature that allowed us to queue for multiple playlists.

You mean to suggest, we could select the game, and gametype of our choosing? Then play only those games that make us happy. Well, that is just common sense.

We need a specific schedule since they don’t give us separate hardcore ranked playlists for each Halo game.

> 2533274934706851;2:
> Also, in a competitive side of things: why would you even want to master a 17 year old game? There’s no championship or reward for doing it right now. I mean, you can try to get good at it, but it’s not like Rainbow Six Siege or Overwatch which have a more active or interest community in competitive.

Cuz, it’s the game most of us grew up with and wanna improve at the best we can. Sweats can be sweats.

Honestly they should’ve just copy and pasted the playlists from Halo 3. The game literally had a social and ranked version of every option in the game.