time ellapse from halo 3 and halo 4

in the beginning of halo legends it shows the same cut in half ship, and john frozen in cryo. all the same as the halo 3 ending. when cortana starts her dialog though she says that shes been alive 7 years. so not only does that suggest that theres been a significant time elapse from halo 3 to halo 4 but also, seeing as smart AIs only have a lifespan of 7 years, cortana may not be in halo 4 very long…inless of course they find some technology on the “world” they are traveling towards to keep her running. any thoughts

EDIT: wait are the guys below me actually serious?
and what does rampant mean?

Ignore the guy above me. i believe She has been alive for 7 years from Halo CE-Halo 3. As for how much time has passed from Halo 3-4 we wont know untill the game is released or they give us some details before.

<4 <343

> from your grammar…are you suggesting that an electronic AI…is going to die of old age?
> hahahaahaahahaaahaahahahahahahahahahah

AIs don’t really die, they go rampant when thy reach their limit. I would assume that Cortana would have gone rampant prior to 7 years, though

Ω

> > from your grammar…are you suggesting that an electronic AI…is going to die of old age?
> > hahahaahaahahaaahaahahahahahahahahahah
>
> AIs don’t really die, they go rampant when thy reach their limit. I would assume that Cortana would have gone rampant prior to 7 years, though
>
> Ω

It has been said an A.I. can live 7+ years but depending on how much Information they have gathered over the years. And A.I. such as Guilty Spark and Mendicant bias went rampant. Cortana has been showing signs of rampancy. A.I. Literally think themselves to “death”. When can’t store anymore data It’s said they shutdown. And Cortana Is older than 7 Years old cause in the stories she has been told with by the chief was before Halo: Combat Evolved. She is well over 7 Years old. And she has gathered a lot of Data. I don’t think actual years has to do with anything i just think their limit of Information gathered would be 7 years worth of Information.